Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizeguy1032 View Post
They broke up because he cheated on her. I knew about the weekend because her daughter posted about it on her facebook. And yes i realize now the whole job thing was an excuse.

I dont like her..she did you a big favor, you dont need trash in your life.
I guess she likes the cheating and lying.
But remember there are lots of women who are divorced with kids that dont go running back to their ex's.
Oh he is going to cheat on her again..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Sorry i didn't mean to generalize, kind of upset at present. Your right about the red flags. This was a woman just out of a 12 year marriage when i met her. The ex had cheated on her thats why she says she kicked him out. Before him she had a child with a guy that beat her up. Before that she says she was date raped and given an std. Her mom is on marriage # 4 and her father left when she was 8 and she hasnt seen or spoken to him since. Hmmm maybe the problem is with me huh?

Ya think?

I don't think you are a bad person...I think you fall for the broken wing syndrome. Poor me, Poor me.

After a while you will get caught in the web of misery.

Stop feeling sorry for people. Get a grip and leave those type alone.

It took some time for me to realize I was doing similar actions as you. Feeling sorry for people and doing things for them to help them. I have since wisely stopped that garbage. I do nothing and feel nothing now for those type of individuals.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:32 AM

12 posts, read 50,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Sometimes an education like this is really hurtful. Other times it's just expensive. Pay attention to the red flags next time and you may not have to go through this again. Sometimes women don't ever forget about a 'first love', he might have been her's.
What i don't get is their divorce was very bitter. He cheated on her numerous times and she told me she never really loved him.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM

12 posts, read 50,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Ya think?

I don't think you are a bad person...I think you fall for the broken wing syndrome. Poor me, Poor me.

After a while you will get caught in the web of misery.

Stop feeling sorry for people. Get a grip and leave those type alone.

It took some time for me to realize I was doing similar actions as you. Feeling sorry for people and doing things for them to help them. I have since wisely stopped that garbage. I do nothing and feel nothing now for those type of individuals.

I think you nailed it. I mean she had every red flag imaginable at the start. But she plays the victim so well. She even said to me, me and the kids need someone to save us. Looking back she has always been the victim with every man in her life. Dad abandons her. BF date rapes her, next bf hits her, but she has a kid with him, then husband cheats on her. I fell for the whole thing.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:53 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
After a 4 yr relationship i just found out my GF has gone back to her ex. We had been living together at my place for the last year, she is 44 Im 52 and she has a 6 yr old son with the ex and a 21 yr old daughter with some other guy she never married and she says beat her up. We agreed she was going to move back to her hometown about an hour away from me, because she was offered a good job there and couldnt find work here. Also her daughter goes to school there and wanted to live with mommy. We were going to continue to see eachother i thought. Well i find out she spent this entire last weekend with her ex husband. i figured something as she didnt return calls or texts. I started this relationship overlooking a lot of red flags and it came back to bite me. Never date a divorced woman with kids. Too much baggage that gets way too hard to carry. Still im furious!

You're angry and I can see why and don't blame you but it's true. You shouldn't generalize to all men never to date a woman with kids. The red flags should have been indicators for you that something wasn't quite right. I know plenty of single women with kids who do have their lives together (including myself when I was single).
Now that you know the truth, just move on. I would recommend not dating until you are no longer mad about this. I would also recommend you talk to your g/f for clarification and closure on this matter.

Good luck.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:58 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Never date a divorced woman with kids. Too much baggage that gets way too hard to carry. Still im furious!
And that's your lesson learned? Have you investigated to see if perhaps there was something wrong on your part??

Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
I think you nailed it. I mean she had every red flag imaginable at the start. But she plays the victim so well. She even said to me, me and the kids need someone to save us. Looking back she has always been the victim with every man in her life. Dad abandons her. BF date rapes her, next bf hits her, but she has a kid with him, then husband cheats on her. I fell for the whole thing.
Listen, I have first hand experience in this sort of thing.

You may be the nicest person in the world and she will somehow get you to crack and make her a victim of your actions. If she feels she isn't getting the attention she wants then she will go after you. Only these ones are sly and cunning with their ways. Everyone should run to their aid when they are abused. If you call them out as a fraud there will be hex to pay my friend. I can tell you...you don't wanna go there.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:32 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
After a 4 yr relationship i just found out my GF has gone back to her ex. We had been living together at my place for the last year, she is 44 Im 52 and she has a 6 yr old son with the ex and a 21 yr old daughter with some other guy she never married and she says beat her up. We agreed she was going to move back to her hometown about an hour away from me, because she was offered a good job there and couldnt find work here. Also her daughter goes to school there and wanted to live with mommy. We were going to continue to see eachother i thought. Well i find out she spent this entire last weekend with her ex husband. i figured something as she didnt return calls or texts. I started this relationship overlooking a lot of red flags and it came back to bite me. Never date a divorced woman with kids. Too much baggage that gets way too hard to carry. Still im furious!
I've read the whole thread and I'm so sorry you got yourself into this mess. My thoughts are with the children, Hopefully the 21 year old is able to deal with it (but probably not) but the little six year old is going to have a very hard time because you've been a major figure in his life since he was two years old and now the daddy figure he's known for 4 years is going to be ousted in favor of his biological father. This is very conflicting for a little boy.

If you really care, I'd suggest you take a deep breath and approach this whole situation rationally. Your ex is being a total ass, in my opinion, and so is her ex/father of her boy. And who knows what the 21 year old is going through?

You need to sit down and talk to each other and discuss what's best for the children and how you can alleviate their inevitable problems. I understand that you're hurt and ticked off but you can get over it eventually - but the children are the future and best you make every effort to ensure they don't have to feel guilty about or endure the results of the stupidity of their parents or caretakers.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:45 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I've read the whole thread and I'm so sorry you got yourself into this mess. My thoughts are with the children, Hopefully the 21 year old is able to deal with it (but probably not) but the little six year old is going to have a very hard time because you've been a major figure in his life since he was two years old and now the daddy figure he's known for 4 years is going to be ousted in favor of his biological father. This is very conflicting for a little boy.

If you really care, I'd suggest you take a deep breath and approach this whole situation rationally. Your ex is being a total ass, in my opinion, and so is her ex/father of her boy. And who knows what the 21 year old is going through?
You need to sit down and talk to each other and discuss what's best for the children and how you can alleviate their inevitable problems. I understand that you're hurt and ticked off but you can get over it eventually - but the children are the future and best you make every effort to ensure they don't have to feel guilty about or endure the results of the stupidity of their parents or caretakers.
I don't see how any of this stuff about the child is his problem; I think the best thing he can do is walk away without ever looking back. This is best for him as well as the child, who now has his biological set of parents back together as a couple again. A former shack-up buddy (sorry to be harsh, OP, but this is the reality) does not get a say in how two biological parents decide to raise their kid(s).

It isn't his job to ensure that the child doesn't feel guilty, nor is it his job to ensure the child doesn't face any fall out thanks to his parent's stupidity.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:03 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
I have two words for you: GOOD RIDDANCE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships