Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,597,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're obviously close with this woman, enough to travel with her. Why not ask her what it is about you that put you in the friend zone? She might have insight on a particular mannerism or quirk you have that is offputting. Something that you don't see because you don't look at yourself objectively.
Be careful about asking this though. While getting honest feedback would be helpful, if your first post is any indicator, you may not react well to hearing the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 11:12 AM

404 posts, read 700,102 times
Fleetiebelle, you may be right with that. I might ask her. If I have not done that already is because: 1) It's weird and hard to admit. And 2) I already tried asking 2 other female friends and none could come up with anything useful. Just the typical "be yourself and it will come when you least expect it".

DennyCrane: I have to agree that a pessimistic guy can turn off. Personally though, I have noticed no difference in how women perceive me from my cheerful times to other quite dull seasons of mine. Maybe I have been double as attractive when I was cheerful, but it never got to the level where I was attractive enough, it seems.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,597,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
DennyCrane: I have to agree that a pessimistic guy can turn off. Personally though, I have noticed no difference in how women perceive me from my cheerful times to other quite dull seasons of mine. Maybe I have been double as attractive when I was cheerful, but it never got to the level where I was attractive enough, it seems.
Two things. First, if they've seen you both dull and cheerful, it's entirely possible your dull moments made a more lasting impression. I might meet a girl who comes across as having low-self esteem and then see her again when she's upbeat. But despite seeing her upbeat, I'll still remember that I've seen her being down on herself and I might conclude that that's the real her. Second, people often project things about themselves that they're not fully aware of. So while you may have been cheerful at the time, even little comments or looks might signal that you're not as cheerful as you act. And even if you were, that still doesn't guarantee that you'll be attractive to someone. I meet confident women everyday, but I'm not attracted to all of them just because they have high self-esteem. That's just a starting point. But if they don't even have that, then I won't be interested in learning more about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships