U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 PM

3,261 posts, read 2,663,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
For every man who thinks this way, there is indeed a woman who will date him strictly for his money. Every so often people meet one another who actually deserve one another...Hugh Hefner would be a classic example.

I find that guys who think this way look at women as just another asset, a trinket. They like to be surrounded by "yes men" and if you aren't kissing their ass then you must be trying to use them for their money. Conversely, women who seek them out usually fit the same mold...hot, young, materialistic, and a zero work ethic. All I can say to them is have a contingency plan, because eventually beauty fades, and the world is a cruel place for a dried up old c*ck-tease with no skills and no ambition.
Just can't say it better than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 05:22 PM

8,122 posts, read 5,107,143 times
Men who talk about money, status and their possessions are bores compensating for their lack of um, personality.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM

4,838 posts, read 4,794,201 times
Default How About.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
There isn't anything singularly more annoying to me, truly.
.......women who are obsessed with money - other's money particularly potential suitors?

Old 10-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I feel if you're so jaded that you're looking for others to take advantage of you, and that consumes the bulk of your thoughts, you're too jaded to be in a relationship with me.
And here I thought the poor boys could form a line to the right.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Default The Question Is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Men who talk about money, status and their possessions are bores compensating for their lack of um, personality.
Is there really a safe topic?

Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 PM

8,122 posts, read 5,107,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Is there really a safe topic?
Lots actually. Showing off is just tacky and borish behaviour.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:40 PM

13,338 posts, read 10,595,056 times
Quote:
Why can't some men see money obsession is a huge turn off?
At its core, this is probably an emotional issue. Most issues surrounding money usually are. Ultimately, it sounds like he's got a fear issue going on. And in some ways, with today's unstable economy, a certain amount of fear/caution is warranted. But it's certainly possible to go to far with this, and maybe he has. However, keep in mind most Americans go the opposite extreme and act as if everything will work out and than blame someone or something else when it doesn't (witness the huge number of people who took out crazy mortgages).

I know I became obsessed with saving because I had 3 near brushes with homelessness in the years I attended college and ended up declaring bankruptcy at age 21. I grew up in a comfortable middle class household, and those near brushes with homelessness were a real shocker for me. So, when I finally got a decent paying job, I saved, saved, and saved some more....because I didn't EVER want to repeat what I went through during those 6 financially unstable years of my life. I'm not saying your ex's situation is the same as mine, just giving you an example of why I was an obsessive saver.

I'm also not saying you're wrong for thinking what you think....just that's there's more to it than appears on the surface...and maybe you should try to understand people a little more on a deeper level instead of judging them.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,750,754 times
If all you females truly don't care about money, why don't you stop expecting the man to always pay

Old 10-12-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If all you females truly don't care about money, why don't you stop expecting the man to always pay
That would be too logical.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:12 PM

3,156 posts, read 1,496,427 times
Some of us don't need a man to pay, not do we want one for his money. I prefer to make my own money....and be with a man because I choose him, not his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships