Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:42 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times

Advertisements

It's like that a long time ago when most people would frown an/or be shocked when a person tells them that they had sex before marriage. NOW, whenever a person says their a Virgin and has not had sex before they are looked at as outcasters and most people try to get somebody for them so they could get "laid". What happened to the the days if mentioned that most people put sex at last and morals along with true values and subtances first ina relationship? It's like a competition these days of which guys get the most women in bed and vice versa and which guys has the biggest penises and such. Oh, just to let you know that I am a 23 year old Male by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 11:52 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
Great post! And you're right. People have become more and more liberal concerning sexuality and it's very unfortunate IMO. People believe the "live and let live" attitude about sex.

Me, I would be overjoyed if a man I was dating told me he was a virgin and he was waiting until his wedding night because that's what I'm doing. I personally believe that sex is a gift to be given on a wedding night. Many won't agree with you and I but just stick to your guns and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:58 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
There are two ways to view the reaction. One is that the person is shocked that the virgin has been able to avoid peer pressure. This can be considered a compliment.

The second is that the person is shocked because they think something is wrong with being a virgin. This is simply to stroke their ego. This reaction can be ignored for the most part. Sometimes it is meant to be hurtful, sometimes it is not.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:58 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
I think you are wrong when you say that most people look at virgins as some sort of outcast.Not every man/woman is into bedding as many others as they can. Your virginity is your own personal choice, and anyone who has a problem with that ,most probably have problems of their own....I'm of the belief...to each his own.....YOU, also are guilty of judging others, based on your own morals...as having sex before marriage does not in any way negate true values, morality, nor "substance" in a relationship.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Great post! And you're right. People have become more and more liberal concerning sexuality and it's very unfortunate IMO. People believe the "live and let live" attitude about sex.

Me, I would be overjoyed if a man I was dating told me he was a virgin and he was waiting until his wedding night because that's what I'm doing. I personally believe that sex is a gift to be given on a wedding night. Many won't agree with you and I but just stick to your guns and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.
Your "gift" does not guarantee you monogamy or happiness in life....but as it is your choice, I respect that.....and trully hope you find that true, long lasting love.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:07 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
There are two ways to view the reaction. One is that the person is shocked that the virgin has been able to avoid peer pressure. This can be considered a compliment.

The second is that the person is shocked because they think something is wrong with being a virgin. This is simply to stroke their ego. This reaction can be ignored for the most part. Sometimes it is meant to be hurtful, sometimes it is not.
Or the third view is...you just don't care. As long as I'm not dating them nor am I getting marry to them, life goes on... We (in general) should worry about our own life instead of worrying about how they are living their life.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:08 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I think you are wrong when you say that most people look at virgins as some sort of outcast.Not every man/woman is into bedding as many others as they can. Your virginity is your own personal choice, and anyone who has a problem with that ,most probably have problems of their own....I'm of the belief...to each his own.....YOU, also are guilty of judging others, based on your own morals...as having sex before marriage does not in any way negate true values, morality, nor "substance" in a relationship.
I am not being a judge of others, what I saying is that the pressure these days from whether the media, people(such as friends), and others are like encouraging someone to get into bed before the marriage rather than that person make their own choice of whether they want to wait till' marriage or not. Now, for me as a Virgin I am wating until I am married but if I ever do have sex before marriage I would do it because of MY CHOICE, nobody elses. Plus, these days it seem like that guys these days think that you must give your girlfriend the "best lovemaking as possible" or she'll go get another guy. What happen to giving her some wisdom and knowledge about life and showing her other things that are out there in the world than just nightclubs? If you know what I mean. Which reminds me that like I've said before that if I ever have sex before marriage I would not let the sex be like the end of the road thing and just keep going on with the relationship with a female.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:25 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Or the third view is...you just don't care. As long as I'm not dating them nor am I getting marry to them, life goes on... We (in general) should worry about our own life instead of worrying about how they are living their life.
Yes, but would a person who doesn't care react with shock?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:30 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Ha ha it's better to be a virgin than to have 50 STDs!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:33 PM

406 posts, read 580,505 times
Virginity is looked down upon, especially if you're a guy. I have never told even my best friends that I'm a virgin and have no intentions of doing so. What almost equally as frustrating is most people think I'm getting laid left and right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships