Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times

Advertisements

Who needs to see people to hate'em? I wouldn't recognize some of C-D's finest if they jumped up and bit me.

Just kidding.

Mostly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 12:14 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Not hate, but there are some people that I have never gotten along with. One co-worker in particular, I remember the first time I saw him he was eyeing me suspiciously, as if to say "you're my enemy until you prove otherwise".
Oh my god. That's exactly the kind of look I catch that guy with. Maybe he just looks like that because he has shifty slanty eyes, and I'm just misinterpreting. But certainly it does not help the cause of cordiality.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Hmmm, that is interesting..because I thought maybe I was the only one. Some people, you meet, and they just seem to rub you the wrong way. Also, I wonder if culture has anything to do with it, I have met people from New York, and have not met anyone from there that I really "warmed" up to...I would probably go crazy if I moved there...

Old 10-13-2010, 04:00 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Hmmm, that is interesting..because I thought maybe I was the only one. Some people, you meet, and they just seem to rub you the wrong way. Also, I wonder if culture has anything to do with it, I have met people from New York, and have not met anyone from there that I really "warmed" up to...I would probably go crazy if I moved there...
I lived in NYC for 7 years, and although I wouldn't say I hated EVERYone I did learn to be careful who I trusted - very few, in fact.

Thinking about it, the only people I hate on first contact are politicians and pedophiles.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:12 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
I wouldn't use the word "Hate" but I can definitely say "Dislike", right off the bat, I trust my instincts.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:28 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It seems like there is one in every office. I hate moody people. People who are your best friends one day and won't even speak to you the next for no reason. WHere I worked last winter there was a gal like that there. Drove every body nuts. I couldn't stand her.

Yeah, they're out there.

20yrsinBranson
God, how I too can't adjust to moody people. I call them line drawers. I would never subject innocent bystanders to my bad moods. If I'm in a bad mood, people who have nothing to do with it would never know it.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
There are definitely mannerisms I don't like and people I knew right away I would never get along with. There's also a facial type (for lack of a better word) I instinctively dislike. I've known several women with these features and they all have irritating personalities.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:32 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Mmm, there's one I work with and though I don't think I hated her at first sight, it sure didn't take very long to learn her true colors. At 24 she is bossy, know-it-all, and a liar and very good at self promotion, even if it means she doesn't do her job properly in order to go be where she can get the most attention. She is extremely competitive in a non-competitive industry. She is extremely unpleasant to be around and then we all got to realizing that we're seeing her at her best as she's getting ready to get married and loudly announcing to everyone that her intended is not going to go to his own bachelor party. What always kills me though is that the people that these vampires suck up to don't seem to realize that they're just being used.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
It seems like there is one in every office. I hate moody people. People who are your best friends one day and won't even speak to you the next for no reason. WHere I worked last winter there was a gal like that there. Drove every body nuts. I couldn't stand her.

Yeah, they're out there.

20yrsinBranson

Can someone explain this phenomenon to me. This annoys me to no end. Why is it ok to talk to me one day and ignore me the next?

Last edited by KylieEve; 10-13-2010 at 06:05 AM.. Reason: .

Old 10-13-2010, 06:04 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
There are definitely mannerisms I don't like and people I knew right away I would never get along with. There's also a facial type (for lack of a better word) I instinctively dislike. I've known several women with these features and they all have irritating personalities.
Interesting. What kind of features. Let me know so I can avoid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships