Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Wieners and chops? Meatloaf? Fruit Salads? Whipped cream and chocolate syrup applied slowly and lovingly, watching as it slowly drips down to the...

...um, sorry. You were saying?
Would those people who have their 'steak' at home eat it medium rare on certain days of the month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Would those people who have their 'steak' at home eat it medium rare on certain days of the month?
Woof!

...no, no, I can't even reply to this right now...

But I will ask why an otherwise beefy schnitzel seems to first expand in a warm oven, then when left in too long comes out shriveled.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:39 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Well a lot of steaks let themselves go to hamburger, so I can see why some people go out for a fresh steak. I read some stupid article about one of the best things about a long term relationship is that you can loosen up on your grooming and make-up etc. I thought that was really dumb because:
1. if you are not that person, don't fake it to catch a man
2. if you start doing that, don't whine about how your husband is not attracted to the "real you" anymore because you were starting off as a fake to trap him

I think that a lot of humans are just not designed for monogamous relationships. Society programs us that it is the right way.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Where's that chef who complained of lack of attention to her dishes?!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:44 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I love my BBQ tender Tri Tip,
& i loves me a juicy burger at Aunt Mabel's.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:51 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
I think part of what made their marriage such a long term success is that they had a healthy balance of work which required long stretches of time apart, financial freedom to do as they pleased, and most importantly a genuine mutual respect for one another.

Of course we don't know if either of them had some discreet side meat that they were able to keep hidden either from one another or the media. Paul Newman's career was during a time prior to paparazzi, Twitter, camera phones, and this constant obsession with celebrities in the 24 hour tabloid news. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but still, we don't really know just how exclusive their marriage was.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I think that a lot of humans are just not designed for monogamous relationships. Society programs us that it is the right way.
DING-DING-DING!

Post of the Week!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:54 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
we don't really know just how exclusive their marriage was
But we do know it started by hurting other people...

Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
But we do know it started by hurting other people...
I don't think there has EVER been a relationship that hasn't started by hurting someone, somewhere, somehow...

Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
What do you think it takes for a person to continue to view their SO as "Steak" as opposed to "Hamburgers", over the course of a long relationship? Or is that just wishful thinking?
I took that quote of Newman's to mean that he's seen what else is out there and thinks is wife is much better. Sometimes, I don't think people really appreciate what they have at home until they see the rest of the world. I had a friend who was married to a man that she described as pretty boring. They eventually divorced and when she started dating again and saw just what kind of men were out there, that's when she realized just how lucky she was to be married to her ex. So to answer your question at to what it takes to continue viewing your SO as "steak", I'd say it's paying attention to who else is out there and what your life would be like if you were back on the singles scene again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships