Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outcast View Post
My brothers are all happily married but are always dreaming about "doing it" with coworkers, female friends, movie stars and women in magazines. In fact, they admit to me that they dream that their spouse is one of those sexy women on TV, not the fat, plain overweight woman they married. But because they love their wives, and have no chance getting the fancy woman of their dreams from TV or a magazine, they stay married to their plain looking boring wives.

Most women I know will never admit that they have dreams and a fantacy about men other than their husband. Myself, a woman, can admire a good looking man but I don't have dreams of "doing it" with him, do you?
"doing it"?? How old are you, 14??

You are a bored young person from a troubled background that needs to find better ways to occupy your time.

Best advice...get off the computer and get into real life and real people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 04:25 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
"doing it"?? How old are you, 14??

You are a bored young person from a troubled background that needs to find better ways to occupy your time.

Best advice...get off the computer and get into real life and real people.
You need to tell that 7 or 8 times

Old 10-15-2010, 07:19 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
My brothers are all happily married but are always dreaming about "doing it" with coworkers, female friends, movie stars and women in magazines. In fact, they admit to me that they dream that their spouse is one of those sexy women on TV, not the fat, plain overweight woman they married. But because they love their wives, and have no chance getting the fancy woman of their dreams from TV or a magazine, they stay married to their plain looking boring wives.

Most women I know will never admit that they have dreams and a fantacy about men other than their husband. Myself, a woman, can admire a good looking man but I don't have dreams of "doing it" with him, do you?
This reads to me like your brothers would and will cheat as soon as an opportunity arises.

I agree that anyone would be lying to say that thoughts of a sexual nature regarding people other than their SO never enters their head, but for someone to dwell on these fantasies to the point where they are dissatisfied with their SO seems to be a problem. I think cheating starts in the mind, so to feed these thoughts to the point where you're vocalizing a preference for someone else sexually demonstrates that you're not far off from acting on those desires.

I don't know if women fantasize as much in this way....what's the point of it? It's like dwelling on being rich when you'll probably only be middle class your whole life - it can make you unhappy with an otherwise good situation. If you decide to pursue this "dream", you may end up sacrificing your integrity along the way, and still not be happy.

Then of course, the fantasy is a mirage anyway; even men with wives who look like TV actors will fantasize about someone else, because the grass is always greener. With that mindset, you will never be happy.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times
It seems the OP's point was that men and women "lust" differently. As a woman- I don't usually fantacize about any certain person...but I will have thoughts about something a nameless/faceless person might do.
I think it's more common for a man to fantacize about what a sex partner might LOOK LIKE, rather than one what she might do.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'm sure 95% of married men and women have fantasized about sex with someone else at some point in their marriage...the other 5% are liars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Shucks. All MrsCPG has to do is watch a John Cusack movie. She says I look just like him.
Because you do!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:

That's funny, because EVERY woman I know admits that they have dreams and fantasies about men other than their husbands!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I don't think the average married woman have fantasies of "doing it" with a man they know the same way that a man does about women they know. Most women are attracted to the good looking man in the next office but are not thinking about him in a sexual way. But men are always thinking about having sex with hot women they know. Right?
Uh...yeah...OK...let's all put on our little Donna Reed housedresses and pearls around the neck and never let the rest of the world have any idea that we EVER think about "doing it". It scares the boys way too much!

Old 10-16-2010, 01:28 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,230,984 times
Quote:

My brother won't even tell me what he pays for cell phone service. Your brothers talk about their fantasies? I'm not buying it.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:07 AM

640 posts, read 1,731,660 times
I definitely believe many women fantasize about men other than their boyfriends/husbands. But most would never act on it.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:14 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships