U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 06:56 AM

2,386 posts, read 5,456,981 times

Advertisements

Its a simple question, really. What is your personal favorite smelling cologne? Also, I want the opinions on ladies (even men are cool but I want ladies thoughts more); what is a cologne that smells sexy, "manly", "mature", "seductive" to you?

You see my favorite cologne is JOOP! because it smells like sweet fruit or candy to me and brings back some cozy memories. However, I don't use it much on myself anymore when I reached my 20's because women would tell me I smell like candy or like a-well-lady. Not that it was neccessarily bad and they liked the smell but it didn't make them want to get close up to me smell me up and down. So now I use JOOP! to just spray around my room since it brings a nice vibe to me.

Lately, I've been using "Fierce" by Ambercrombie and Fitch and that has garnered a lot more positive reactions and responses and if I go out to a social gathering women tend to be more up on me.

I don't use much cologne but when/if I do I want to use the best smelling and most manly. What cologne would you beautiful women recommend?

Welcome all opinions, thoughts, advice.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 07:01 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,579,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Its a simple question, really. What is your personal favorite smelling cologne? Also, I want the opinions on ladies (even men are cool but I want ladies thoughts more); what is a cologne that smells sexy, "manly", "mature", "seductive" to you?

You see my favorite cologne is JOOP! because it smells like sweet fruit or candy to me and brings back some cozy memories. However, I don't use it much on myself anymore when I reached my 20's because women would tell me I smell like candy or like a-well-lady. Not that it was neccessarily bad and they liked the smell but it didn't make them want to get close up to me smell me up and down. So now I use JOOP! to just spray around my room since it brings a nice vibe to me.

Lately, I've been using "Fierce" by Ambercrombie and Fitch and that has garnered a lot more positive reactions and responses and if I go out to a social gathering women tend to be more up on me.

I don't use much cologne but when/if I do I want to use the best smelling and most manly. What cologne would you beautiful women recommend?

Welcome all opinions, thoughts, advice.

Abercrombie + Fitch Cologne

Old 10-16-2010, 07:03 AM

2,593 posts, read 3,573,787 times
Well I'm no woman lol, but I'll name two I have that generally drive the ladies wild. Play Intense by Givenchy, and The One by Dolce & Gabbana.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:09 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,579,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Well I'm no woman lol, but I'll name two I have that generally drive the ladies wild. Play Intense by Givenchy, and The One by Dolce & Gabbana.
Really? Is that why they play games? Made them too wild eh

Old 10-16-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Really? Is that why they play games? Made them too wild eh
Yeah maybe if I wear some A&F they'll straighten up their act.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:27 AM

2,386 posts, read 5,456,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I usually see that for women, isn't that a perfume? I could of course be mistaken.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,630,572 times
my two very favorites are: PACO RABIN and ARAMIS....yes i know they are older brands, but they are the goodies. i also liked for a while POLO and POLO SPORT...but the first two make me want to follow my DH around the house.

i personally dont like fruity smells on men.

and if you think about it, since most guys wear the cologne of the hour, you will smell different than anyone around you

Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I usually see that for women, isn't that a perfume? I could of course be mistaken.
They might have similarly named secents for women, but the ones I have are definitely colognes. They were right off the shevles of the men's aisle at Sephora.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 AM

5,721 posts, read 4,630,153 times
If you go to Sephora they have pamphlet with a breakdown of tons of different colognes. The woman there told me they update it like once or twice a year, I forget which. It puts them into a scent category like Fruity, Citrus, Woods, Watery/Fresh, etc. I found it to be very useful for picking and trying new colognes.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 AM

25,084 posts, read 14,288,539 times
I like Polo because its subtle and classy; yet is says "I'm all man" ummm gota love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships