Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,369,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
A divorced spouse should also demand gas money for all the times that the spouse was driven somewhere.
really LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 11:52 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
If I was the new wife and some guy gave me his ex-wife's refurbished ring I would tell him to shove it up his a$$.
Me, too.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:57 AM

610 posts, read 1,293,181 times
And you think he'd tell you?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
And you think he'd tell you?
tell me what?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks for all the answers... I dont know what to think about it. I feel somehow sad, but I will be ok

Old 10-16-2010, 12:46 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,200,441 times
Nasty stuff happen in divorces. I am surprised you did not hock the ring for whatever you could get after the divorce was final. I can not see keeping a memento of a bad time. Certainly agree your former hubby is a, "Joick and woise". No need to be sad.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:26 PM

400 posts, read 847,616 times
I could see wanting a family heirloom back, like some others have said since that has some actually value. But yeah, jewelry is pretty worthless. I have an appraisal for the ring I bought that is a lot higher than what I paid for it...but I know its mostly just a lie to make me feel better about paying so much for a stone in the first place! You know, like when you walk into a car dealership and the car is marked down $5000 from a price that's $7000 over the MSRP? Or when clothing is "25% off" at the store.

Nobody wants that store bought ring from a different failed marriage. Although I wonder if jewelers don't just remove the stones or resell the rings later anyway.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:41 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,375,462 times
My ex-H asked for both the engagement ring and wedding band back -- they were both from Tiffany, a pink diamond in a platinum setting. This was during the course of the divorce, in fact, he made an express trip to see me from out of town just to get them. My attorney later told me that I shouldn't have given them to him, but I didn't care about the stupid rings. The irony was that he didn't give back the Tiffany band I bought him. I suspect he sold all of the jewelry back to the store so he could break even on the divorce, or even profit. That just would be his style.

I found it unutterably tacky and self-serving. There was a reason I divorced him. It made him crazy that I was the one to file, first. Throughout the entire process he insisted that he was the one who divorced me, LOL! That was the type of personality I dealt with.

I think most people agree that someone who asks for the rings back during or after a divorce probably isn't the most well-heeled. Personally, I'd never contemplate such a thing.

Old 10-16-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa78703 View Post

I found it unutterably tacky and self-serving. There was a reason I divorced him. It made him crazy that I was the one to file, first. Throughout the entire process he insisted that he was the one who divorced me, LOL! That was the type of personality I dealt with.

I think most people agree that someone who asks for the rings back during or after a divorce probably isn't the most well-heeled. Personally, I'd never contemplate such a thing.
same here. I filed, I left, and I got nothing out of the marriage

Old 10-16-2010, 02:15 PM

732 posts, read 1,041,220 times
My ex-wife filed for divorce, rather unexpectedly. We worked out a quick settlement and the whole thing was handled rather amicably, no nastiness. After everything was signed and sealed, she asked me if I wanted her wedding ring set back. I thought for a few seconds, then said "Sure why not?"

They weren't worth that much but I still have the set. I also still have my own wedding band also. I could get a few bucks for them somewhere I guess. I want to keep them though. I may know someone in the future who wants to get married but who lacks money for engagement/wedding rings. If they were friends or relatives I'd probably just give them away. It would make me feel good to do that. They didn't work for our marriage but maybe they can be enjoyed by someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships