U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM

43,756 posts, read 53,328,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Yes, an engagement ring is a gift given in contemplation of marriage. The marriage took place, the consideration is paid. The ring is a gift, she keeps it. Wedding band same thing. It is a gift given to the spouse and belongs to the spouse forever. My ex-husband has the ring I gave him. I would not have asked for it back.

The idjit asked for the engagement and wedding rings back after 28 years of marriage. I laughed in his face.

My rings sit in a box in the closet. Some day I will sell them - the time is not right now. I wouldn't want the gold or the stones even in a new setting.

When you are ready, sell them and use the proceeds to take a really nice vacation.

If our OP Carol had done that her jerky ex couldn't have gotten hers back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 PM

1,646 posts, read 1,207,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
When you are ready, sell them and use the proceeds to take a really nice vacation.

If our OP Carol had done that her jerky ex couldn't have gotten hers back
I gave it back. I do not want anything from him, besides I pay for my own things with my money. Honestly, it was worst for him when I did not even fight for them

That is how much I care.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Generally, wedding rings/bands don't even cost half of what a woman's engagement ring cost. If women spent more than 3 months of their salary on a man's ring or gift, believe me, women would be asking for it as well.

You'll be lucky if the ring is the only thing she gets to keep from the divorce.
My ex did it out of spite. Plain and simple. I did not get anything from that marriage (besides a lawyer's bill). Everithing I own I paid for. So please do not generalize.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
I gave it back. I do not want anything from him, besides I pay for my own things with my money. Honestly, it was worst for him when I did not even fight for them

That is how much I care.

I can understand that

What I CAN'T understand is any woman like his new wife who will wear a ring, or anything, that formerly belonged to his first wife!!

Can you say "EWWWWWWWW"

Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,640,170 times
Quote:

That is how much I care.
Cool . I guess you really meant it when you say you didn't want anything from him anymore.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:52 PM

I know... I would never in my life would wear a ring that someone else used ewwwwwwwww

and fyi, my ex is delaying my divorce (sigh!) he told the lawyers he does not know when he is comingback and the divorce is not priority #1 in his life.... well.... I guess not for him...

Old 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I know... I would never in my life would wear a ring that someone else used ewwwwwwwww

and fyi, my ex is delaying my divorce (sigh!) he told the lawyers he does not know when he is comingback and the divorce is not priority #1 in his life.... well.... I guess not for him...

Okay, wait, he is delaying the divorce but was all on fire in a hurry to get the rings to his new woman?

Glad you aren't in any hurry - let him cut his own nose off to spite his face, lol!!

Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM

1,552 posts, read 1,927,438 times
Quote:

I feel your pain..my ex delayed our divorce by refusing to sign the judgment papers "until he was good and ready"..I too paid all the attorney bills and what have you. As far as my rings...I sold them and bought stuff I wanted, needed, etc.. and had money left over to treat myself to a nice dinner!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:20 PM

I think ther whole other woman stuff was made up.... anyway

Old 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,640,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I have never heard of a man wanting wedding rings back. It sounds so highschool
If women ever bought a man something that cost them more than 3 months of their salary, believe me, women would be fighting to get that back in a divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships