U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 PM

1,582 posts, read 2,420,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
All I know is that I had the good fortune to meet quite a few of them while I was going through my own wild phase in my twenties. Oh, if it could only be like the good old days once again.
Sounds like my days to an extent. There were aplenty of non-anal genuine girls who I met, some of whom I did have wild fun with. But more often than not, I just took myself too seriously and it would all fall downhill from there.

I guess the reason why I felt to control my "wild phase" and be more serious was because I didn't want to fail in school, having the pressures of dealing with getting good grades, attending a socially unfriendly and racially charged college, and not wanting to fail and end up stuck in the "pseudo-ghetto" lower middle class where I had to deal with while growing up.

The good news is I'm 23 and still have plenty of time left. The bad news is that I'm stuck in a city that's stuffy and filled with god-complexed yuppies or ghetto hoodrats who will only "have fun" with the power-inheriterd preps/hipsters or poser-masculine hoodlums, respectfully.

God get me out of this social cesspool of a city I'm in. I know I'm 23, but I feel like a 46 year old failure just because I am unable to move to a more socially friendly place. Especially since I've done the work, lost weight, and toned myself up, and yet the reward is a failed economy with a lack of transferring opportunities along with dealing with all-around nasty attitudes abounding, I'm really starting to regret not being able to enjoy the chances I had. I know I'll have more than plenty of chances to make up for lost time someday, but for the moment, this is just pathetic.

[/end personal loathing]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 04:50 PM

4,579 posts, read 4,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meijer6464 View Post
It seems like every 20 something woman I meet has a past with a string of old boyfriends, partied and had fun in college, experimenting with different guys, etc. I was busy working and going to school during that time and didn't have much time for fun or to get crazy. I admit that kinda bothers me a little so maybe you ladies can set me straight. Are there women who don't really go through that phase or is this pretty much a rite of passage these days? Am I just looking in the wrong places or do I need to be more open minded?
Answer to question 1- yes it is a rite of passage, its too bad
answer to question 2- yea you are looking in the wrong places, you wont find a good girl in a bad place.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:01 PM

9,444 posts, read 10,129,872 times
Quote:
It seems like every 20 something woman I meet has a past with a string of old boyfriends, partied and had fun in college, experimenting with different guys, etc. I was busy working and going to school during that time and didn't have much time for fun or to get crazy. I admit that kinda bothers me a little so maybe you ladies can set me straight. Are there women who don't really go through that phase or is this pretty much a rite of passage these days? Am I just looking in the wrong places or do I need to be more open minded?
I never went through a crazy wild phase. I partied in moderation, didn't have THAT many boyfriends and didn't do much of experimenting. I never frenched kiss a girl or had a threesome (some of the wild experimental things that girls do). I would go out once or twice a week (although if I did go out, it would be until morning, dancing non-stop).

Even now in my 30s I don't have a desire to go out all the time. I just need one night out a month to blow off some steam.

Generally "wild" is relative. For some people dating more than 1 guy at a time seems wild and for some it's normality. For some people smoking a joint is wild and some it's a daily thing. I was always "everything in moderation" type of girl.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 PM

9,444 posts, read 10,129,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Me neither, although I still had a lot of fun. That perpetual mild insanity must be our inner wild child trying to get out.
Great, Sierra has me singing "insane in the membrane" song now.

That's pretty much how I see it too. I've had lots of fun and still not planning to stop here.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:03 PM

21,877 posts, read 28,700,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Well, if you need the group discount I can join, otherwise......

... No.

I bet Dr. Phil's Straitjacket collection is straight out of a BDSM catalog.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...pe-lorelei.jpg
Mmm, nice

Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 AM

5,258 posts, read 5,148,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I never went through a crazy wild phase. I partied in moderation, didn't have THAT many boyfriends and didn't do much of experimenting. I never frenched kiss a girl or had a threesome (some of the wild experimental things that girls do). I would go out once or twice a week (although if I did go out, it would be until morning, dancing non-stop).

Even now in my 30s I don't have a desire to go out all the time. I just need one night out a month to blow off some steam.

Generally "wild" is relative. For some people dating more than 1 guy at a time seems wild and for some it's normality. For some people smoking a joint is wild and some it's a daily thing. I was always "everything in moderation" type of girl.
This post pretty much describes me too. 'Wild' isn't really a word that's in my vocabularly. To me, getting wild is having a beer or two once or twice a month with a few of my girlfriends.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 AM

3,536 posts, read 4,451,848 times
When I get wild, I change the color of my bowtie.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:12 AM

64 posts, read 79,060 times
Quote:
*Most college aged people in general date around during their early 20's. Not many are into long-term serious boyfriends, because EVERYONE is selfish at that age. Don't hold it against her, guys are doing it too!
*Partying is a common pastime amongst 20-somethings. Why? Because it's a new found freedom. And, who doesn't enjoy a night out at a club once in awhile or a house full of good friends and good times?

What you described is a pretty standard college experience, unless you're a prude, go to school in the bible belt OR are socially awkward.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:30 PM

408 posts, read 426,607 times
I think mine was at 17...

Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM

5,258 posts, read 5,148,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
When I get wild, I change the color of my bowtie.
I rearrange my sock drawer.

I change the color of my curtains.

I try a new perfume.

Not very wild at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships