U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2010, 12:25 PM
 
46 posts, read 42,695 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

It seems like every 20 something woman I meet has a past with a string of old boyfriends, partied and had fun in college, experimenting with different guys, etc. I was busy working and going to school during that time and didn't have much time for fun or to get crazy. I admit that kinda bothers me a little so maybe you ladies can set me straight. Are there women who don't really go through that phase or is this pretty much a rite of passage these days? Am I just looking in the wrong places or do I need to be more open minded?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,146,292 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by meijer6464 View Post
It seems like every 20 something woman I meet has a past with a string of old boyfriends, partied and had fun in college, experimenting with different guys, etc. I was busy working and going to school during that time and didn't have much time for fun or to get crazy. I admit that kinda bothers me a little so maybe you ladies can set me straight. Are there women who don't really go through that phase or is this pretty much a rite of passage these days? Am I just looking in the wrong places or do I need to be more open minded?
I can't speak for other women, but personally I never went through a wild phase. I've always done things in moderation. That said, it does seem like there are a lot of people of both sexes who have increasingly gotten more wild in their 20s over the past 10-15 years or so. I would recommend that you research the places you are visiting before actually going there, so that you can kinda expect the types of clientele who might be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:04 PM
 
380 posts, read 423,575 times
Reputation: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by meijer6464 View Post
It seems like every 20 something woman I meet has a past with a string of old boyfriends, partied and had fun in college, experimenting with different guys, etc. I was busy working and going to school during that time and didn't have much time for fun or to get crazy. I admit that kinda bothers me a little so maybe you ladies can set me straight. Are there women who don't really go through that phase or is this pretty much a rite of passage these days? Am I just looking in the wrong places or do I need to be more open minded?
I went through a wild phase in high school. Got it out of the way early
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Incognito
6,995 posts, read 13,042,820 times
Reputation: 5305
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I can't speak for other women, but personally I never went through a wild phase. I've always done things in moderation. That said, it does seem like there are a lot of people of both sexes who have increasingly gotten more wild in their 20s over the past 10-15 years or so. I would recommend that you research the places you are visiting before actually going there, so that you can kinda expect the types of clientele who might be there.

You are indeed a very very 'moderated' lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:12 PM
 
Location: East Valley, AZ
3,753 posts, read 5,106,363 times
Reputation: 3725
I went through a wild phase. I stopped going to church for 6 months and started drinking Dr. Pepper. That's about as off track as I get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,843 posts, read 54,836,635 times
Reputation: 22812
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
I went through a wild phase. I stopped going to church for 6 months and started drinking Dr. Pepper. That's about as off track as I get!
OMG, you daredevil! What's so vicious about Dr. Pepper...? Or is it just about any soda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
13,211 posts, read 10,860,211 times
Reputation: 20448
It's caffeinated!

I never went through a wild phase, either. My parents were always pretty cool, so I didn't have much to rebel against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,146,292 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
You are indeed a very very 'moderated' lady.
????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Incognito
6,995 posts, read 13,042,820 times
Reputation: 5305
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
????????
I meant that in a good way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
 
5,259 posts, read 5,146,292 times
Reputation: 3181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I meant that in a good way.
I still don't understand what you meant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top