U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-23-2010, 12:05 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,388,212 times
Reputation: 2626

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
You people THINK you understand, but you DON'T. You're not in the situation to even relate on this so how is your advice any use to me? For real, if there's anybody that doesn't get it, it's you people. My whole thread is misunderstood by a bunch of people fronting like they don't make fun of people that aren't doing what they're doing. I'm living in the world. I am NOT you. You people are in out of space. Seems like I'm the only honest person in this thread where everybody's trying to act like a therapist when they aren't. I even got this MattB4 guy talking about threads I never made. Thanks for nothing. You are either not my age or clueless towards society.
Hi there.

Okay, so yeah, it is typically thought of as a bit weird to be a virgin once you pass a certain age because, unless you're still one for religious reasons, it makes people wonder if you just haven't had the opportunity to lose it yet... and that goes into social proof and other psychological-esque stuff that pretty much explains what being "cool" to others really means. It's not the actual lack of sex, but the assumed lack of sexual opportunities that people see and then this further delves into your lack of sexual attractiveness to the opposite sex and blah blah blah.

Is that what you want to hear? It is fairly true. I understand.

However, regardless of your frustration, your attitude is digging you deep into a sexless hole. You're coming across as selfish, immature, whiny, and with a massive sense of entitlement - all of which are huge turnoffs. You don't deserve sex. No one technically does.

If you want to get rid of your virgin status, here's what you do:

1.) You can go to a bar, party, anywhere people gather where there is alcohol. Be friendly and flirty. Look nice. Find the girl who is clearly looking to take home a boy from the bar. Make sure she's not psycho or has any STDs.

OR

2.) Meet someone you like that also likes you. Build up a relationship. Have sex.

Sure, you can also get an escort, but something tells me you don't want to pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2010, 12:12 AM
 
3,622 posts, read 4,692,631 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
You people THINK you understand, but you DON'T. You're not in the situation to even relate on this so how is your advice any use to me? For real, if there's anybody that doesn't get it, it's you people. My whole thread is misunderstood by a bunch of people fronting like they don't make fun of people that aren't doing what they're doing. I'm living in the world. I am NOT you. You people are in out of space. Seems like I'm the only honest person in this thread where everybody's trying to act like a therapist when they aren't. I even got this MattB4 guy talking about threads I never made. Thanks for nothing. You are either not my age or clueless towards society.
Most of the responses I have seen seem honest and upfront. You, on the other hand are stirring the pot when people simply are answering your question, for the most part respectfully, imo. Either you are here for a good laugh or you need to seriously evaluate your social skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 12:13 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,388,212 times
Reputation: 2626
Ahh just went back and read the full thread. The OP's view about sexual entitlement is scary. It sounds like what a rapist would use as an excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 07:17 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,851,263 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
That was an insult, buddy. You wouldn't understand that though. Don't expect you to. That's like saying you aren't going to graduate high school so you might as well quit and get a job instead. Don't see what I said to warrant that either. When I say entitled, I mean as in the right to have sex. Of course, you have to go outthere and use that right in respect to doing it the right way and respecting others as well. I think you're trying to put words in my mouth but carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
^ LOL! My mom and me are close and yeah, I have some issues with certain females that have come and gone in my life. I've dealt with female bullies as a kid that did some f'ed up things to me and I'm still heated about that to this day. But other than that, you guys are overdoing it. If I'm angry towards women, it's more of my frustration with myself for not getting any. I'm not a crazy psycho mysognist that hates women. You people are bugging out because I know that being a virgin will get ridiculed. Where do you people live and who do you associate with? You guys are obviously out of touch with what people's attitudes are today towards things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
You people THINK you understand, but you DON'T. You're not in the situation to even relate on this so how is your advice any use to me? For real, if there's anybody that doesn't get it, it's you people. My whole thread is misunderstood by a bunch of people fronting like they don't make fun of people that aren't doing what they're doing. I'm living in the world. I am NOT you. You people are in out of space. Seems like I'm the only honest person in this thread where everybody's trying to act like a therapist when they aren't. I even got this MattB4 guy talking about threads I never made. Thanks for nothing. You are either not my age or clueless towards society.
No, I am referring to posts you actually made. Do you think people will not read what you have written?

I am not your age now but have been women challenged all my life. I was still a virgin by my mid-twenties. Did it make me have a poor self image? Why yes it did. However at no time have I ever expected getting sex because of some stupid idea that I had a right to it. Believe it or not, I never discussed my situation with anyone. I know full well, as a young person, that would be fuel to the fire of standard immature hazing behavior.

So if you think you are the only one to have problems with hooking up with the other sex, you are mistaken. Just look around without the virgin goggles you are wearing. And ditch the entitled attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
292 posts, read 580,181 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
You people THINK you understand, but you DON'T. You're not in the situation to even relate on this so how is your advice any use to me? For real, if there's anybody that doesn't get it, it's you people. My whole thread is misunderstood by a bunch of people fronting like they don't make fun of people that aren't doing what they're doing. I'm living in the world. I am NOT you. You people are in out of space. Seems like I'm the only honest person in this thread where everybody's trying to act like a therapist when they aren't. I even got this MattB4 guy talking about threads I never made. Thanks for nothing. You are either not my age or clueless towards society.

Well... as a 26 year old virgin with people who know me as such, living in the real world, I can say that you are wrong. There is no constant ridicule. Maybe some might be initially shocked because you were "seen/read differently", but other than that, and as I said before, it's not a big deal. As long as you have reasons, sensible reasons, it just becomes another thing that makes you an individual.

It seems to me that the reason you're so frustrated is because you want to have sex so badly, but as is mentioned so many times, you won't put in any effort. It's not that hard. Hell, if you're even remotely attractive, letting some females know that you're a virgin will actually make you more desirable. Believe that if you will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 09:38 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,851,263 times
Reputation: 2127
Good grief!. I went and read some of the Topics posted by this kid. This is one seriously disturbed individual. Ted Bundy kind of disturbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 09:51 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
15,709 posts, read 22,756,161 times
Reputation: 17451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Good grief!. I went and read some of the Topics posted by this kid. This is one seriously disturbed individual. Ted Bundy kind of disturbed.
I've seen a couple posts "DAMAGED".

"Well, yeah. My mom and me are close but she either doesn't understand me or is in denial about certain things I tell her about me. Yet, she wants to lean on me to back her up with whatever she's doing which I believe is just her running away from confronting her problems that have been haunting her for years. Besides her, my brother and my homies which all feel that I okay even though I know I'm not, I really have nobody to turn to except the psychology/counseling community and they don't do anything besides front like they know what you're going through, put ideas in your head about whatever and make you take pills. Good luck on being your best listener and own support system cause it's tough."

Last edited by virgode; 10-23-2010 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 10:49 AM
 
892 posts, read 1,126,476 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Hi there.

Okay, so yeah, it is typically thought of as a bit weird to be a virgin once you pass a certain age because, unless you're still one for religious reasons, it makes people wonder if you just haven't had the opportunity to lose it yet... and that goes into social proof and other psychological-esque stuff that pretty much explains what being "cool" to others really means. It's not the actual lack of sex, but the assumed lack of sexual opportunities that people see and then this further delves into your lack of sexual attractiveness to the opposite sex and blah blah blah.

Is that what you want to hear? It is fairly true. I understand.

However, regardless of your frustration, your attitude is digging you deep into a sexless hole. You're coming across as selfish, immature, whiny, and with a massive sense of entitlement - all of which are huge turnoffs. You don't deserve sex. No one technically does.

If you want to get rid of your virgin status, here's what you do:

1.) You can go to a bar, party, anywhere people gather where there is alcohol. Be friendly and flirty. Look nice. Find the girl who is clearly looking to take home a boy from the bar. Make sure she's not psycho or has any STDs.

OR

2.) Meet someone you like that also likes you. Build up a relationship. Have sex.

Sure, you can also get an escort, but something tells me you don't want to pay for it.
I agree with most of this poster seems very entitled and that will not help any situation. However, I do not agree with the opportunities presented. I have plenty of opportunities to have sex. I have other issues that is allowing me to pass up. A person cannot assume all virgins of a certain age are unattractive and do have opportunities for sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,449 posts, read 13,911,504 times
Reputation: 6875
A male should not be a virgin by the time he is too old to be a Boy Scout.
A female should should dump her virginity at about the same age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2010, 11:03 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,851,263 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
I agree with most of this poster seems very entitled and that will not help any situation. However, I do not agree with the opportunities presented. I have plenty of opportunities to have sex. I have other issues that is allowing me to pass up. A person cannot assume all virgins of a certain age are unattractive and do have opportunities for sex.
Your virgin status stephei2000 is a bit different than most. As you have admitted you have had sexual relations (with others) just not straight sex. This does present difficulties for some types of LTR.

I would not classify you as being a virgin. If you are not unhappy with this than nothing needs to be offered in the way of advice or comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top