U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,398,102 times
Reputation: 319

Advertisements

Winter Moon, shut up and go to sleep. How can you disagree with me and cosign me in the same sentence? Lame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:06 AM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,211,334 times
Reputation: 11862
I think most people look down on virgins is because in nature if you couldn't even get laid it was because you lacked the necessarily looks/ability to attract the mate, and hence were genetically inferior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 AM
 
76 posts, read 92,551 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
You make it sound as though women only go after the biggest studs out there. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but take a walk down the street and you'll see women with average to even ugly guys.
not young childless women in peak fertility (17-27). when women get older and no longer get head turning attention they seek a provider. every woman can sportf*** a more attractive guy than they can actually get to commit to them. this is a natural female mating strategy across almost all animal species.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 AM
 
67 posts, read 99,412 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yep looks aren't always what is attractive to us ladies. We are not pure visual creatures.
Sure. Confidence, education, career, ambition, money etc. I notice that when I'm clean shaved(very feminine face) and washed, I attract the attentions of the very young women to women in their mid 20's. Women in their mid 20's don't care that much about looks(well, they do - if they are into casual sex. But women looking for a boyfriend/hsuband will take the less attractive male with money). They're more into "commitement" and what is the guy doing with his life.

I do know that when a woman is serious about the guy - regardless of the woman's age - she worries about his intentions for the future in terms of career.

My ex girlfriend, though, was more traditional. She wanted to settle down early and I wasn't into that; nor will I ever be into that.

So when she asked me what I wanted to do with my life, I told her that I wanted to be an artist(that's a "bum" to women who are into baby making and marriage). haha, Worked perfectly. She dumped me .

Since women's desires change according to their age, I walk around unshaved, with very bad posture(to indicate low self - esteem) and with oliy hair, to keep the young women from distracting me from my life's goal. And every time I meet a woman in her 20's, I tell her that I don't have a job, live in my parent's house, don't own a car, and that I play video games all the time.

While owning a house - paid in full - having a good job, saving up to 90% of what I earn, every month, having a growing bank account(since the age of 14) and owning land. Ahaha.

So yes, young women don't care about a man's job and education. On the other hand, women in their mid 20's and up do care that much about a man's job and future, hence why I see attractive 20 something women with fat, bald guys and why I see young women(15-20) with bad boys; the bad boys are hot.

It explains why my friends, male models go for women in their late teens.

Hey OP, I don't understand you? How did I disagree and agree with you in the same post? That people don't look at male virgins with good eyes?

Yes? And? Why is that important? Why do you worry about what other people think?

Last edited by WinterMoon; 10-25-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 AM
 
67 posts, read 99,412 times
Reputation: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
You make it sound as though women only go after the biggest studs out there. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but take a walk down the street and you'll see women with average to even ugly guys.
Yes, I do. I see women with average and ugly males. But women dating guys, average and below average, are in their mid 20's. I very rarely see an attractive 18 year old woman with an average guy.

So we can assume that women choose guys for their looks, height, body when they don't have that much of a use for a boyfriend(and when they make a lot of money), and when they want something serious(living together with a guy/marriage/ children), they look into the guy's academic education, job and money.

When I look around and see average guys with attractive(or average)women, I realize that the guy is going places. That he might be bald and not that good looking, but that fossil clock on his wrist, or that expensive suit might have something to do with the woman's "attraction" for him .

All of the guys I know who are having casual sexual relationships with women are the good looking guys. The average guys, those are in relationships - with women who had casual sex when they were young and not looking to settle down.

I do know of several good looking - to average - women with good careers, living with guys because the guy looks like Orlando Bloom, only much taller(and the guys don't have a job). I also know of many guys in their late 30's, nothing to look at , living with very attractive women in their early 20's, supporting them.

I do get a kick out of pointing out to my friends ,when we go to malls or whatever, that the tall, very attractive 20 something Brazilian(that could be a mode!l)woman is kissing the balding, short guy, because of his confidence .

Last edited by WinterMoon; 10-25-2010 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
 
1,604 posts, read 3,420,084 times
Reputation: 1521
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
^ LOL! My mom and me are close and yeah, I have some issues with certain females that have come and gone in my life. I've dealt with female bullies as a kid that did some f'ed up things to me and I'm still heated about that to this day. But other than that, you guys are overdoing it. If I'm angry towards women, it's more of my frustration with myself for not getting any. I'm not a crazy psycho mysognist that hates women. You people are bugging out because I know that being a virgin will get ridiculed. Where do you people live and who do you associate with? You guys are obviously out of touch with what people's attitudes are today towards things.
I can tell you that where I live, your attitude is sadly the majority of how many people think. But as for reality, my suggestion is stop listening to what MTV & BET says what is socially acceptable.

Another long-term solution, when you're able to, would be to move to a place that is more socially laid back, less pretentious, and isn't full of people with unrealistic expectations when it comes to choosing someone to make out with. The most typical places to point out are the South and the Midwest, aka the Heartland or Flyover Country. But I will tell you this: humble yourself and get a much more modest outlook on things before you make the move, because the arrogance of entitlement is a lot less tolerated in these parts of the country.

But if you really feel entitled to sex, do the crowded bar and glam nightclub act, places where the entitlement mentality is the norm. And if you really take the MTV/BET means of socialization seriously, it shouldn't be hard to imitate the actions so you can get the floozies who buy into such behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Denver
6,628 posts, read 12,126,541 times
Reputation: 4051
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Please. GTFOH. You probably wouldn't know who I was if you met me in person. In fact, you'd be surprised.
With all due respect, you are the one who started this thread and put yourself out to the mercy of the forum. You have made several very odd comments about how you view sex and your "right" to have it...

You can't get mad that people are reacting towards your statements this way. You just said "you probably wouldn't know who I was if you met me in person"...that may be true. Maybe people just don't understand you...but at the same time, you're projecting yourself on this forum in a way that is creeping people out. Maybe you're acting this way in public without realizing it, and it's a turn off to girls.

No one in the world is "normal", but you've asked a sample population about how they view your situation and you've even provided some of your views on the subject of sex.

The general reaction of dozens of posters has been negative. People on this site come from all walks of life, all over the country, and have varying sexual experience. You should see what others are saying and think of ways to improve yourself instead of getting angry and telling people they don't understand you.

Regardless of whether or not people understand you, whatever you're doing hasn't worked. Rip whatever current gameplan you have off the wall and start drawing up a new one which will make you more appealing to the masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM
 
593 posts, read 1,398,102 times
Reputation: 319
^ But you don't know me off here though so I don't know why folks are even mentioning my "rough" home life. i laughed at that one. really though.

I understand that I have to put in work to get intimacy, a girls attention, whatever. but i think you guys are misunderstanding me though when i say entitled. it's the wrong word. more of natural right to sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,767 posts, read 2,193,800 times
Reputation: 2341
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Really? So you wouldn't bust out laughing or nothing seriously? You really wouldn't? Honestly. You wouldn't think that person had a serious problem or had issues with their sexuality?
If it was involuntary celibacy, I would think they were having a serious problem (that may or may not be theirs) but I wouldn't burst out laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,683 posts, read 43,211,334 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
Yes, I do. I see women with average and ugly males. But women dating guys, average and below average, are in their mid 20's. I very rarely see an attractive 18 year old woman with an average guy.

So we can assume that women choose guys for their looks, height, body when they don't have that much of a use for a boyfriend(and when they make a lot of money), and when they want something serious(living together with a guy/marriage/ children), they look into the guy's academic education, job and money.

When I look around and see average guys with attractive(or average)women, I realize that the guy is going places. That he might be bald and not that good looking, but that fossil clock on his wrist, or that expensive suit might have something to do with the woman's "attraction" for him .

All of the guys I know who are having casual sexual relationships with women are the good looking guys. The average guys, those are in relationships - with women who had casual sex when they were young and not looking to settle down.

I do know of several good looking - to average - women with good careers, living with guys because the guy looks like Orlando Bloom, only much taller(and the guys don't have a job). I also know of many guys in their late 30's, nothing to look at , living with very attractive women in their early 20's, supporting them.

I do get a kick out of pointing out to my friends ,when we go to malls or whatever, that the tall, very attractive 20 something Brazilian(that could be a mode!l)woman is kissing the balding, short guy, because of his confidence .
Personality becomes important for long-term relationships, that's why people who are good-looking *******s of either gender tend not to have success in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top