U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM

21,685 posts, read 27,693,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think the right age is different for everyone. I had just turned 21 and that was the perfect time for me and I don't regret anything about it. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin at 36, but if I started dating a guy and he told me he was a virgin at 36 I would definitely be like HMM. My eyebrows would raise and I'd want to know why. But, it wouldn't be a total deal breaker if I liked him. I could give him some private lessons!
36, okay. What about 53?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM

31,708 posts, read 17,458,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Honestly, 20/21. If your still a virgin after your first or 2nd year of college, that's a problem. Especially if your a guy
Lots of guys graduate from college and are still virgins. What problem? For whom would it be a problem? Nobody cares. Sooner or later, they get girlfriends and live happily ever after. End of story.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,792,769 times
is this a serious question? Did a 16 yr old ask it?

Old 05-10-2012, 05:30 PM

3,957 posts, read 2,027,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Lots of guys graduate from college and are still virgins. What problem? For whom would it be a problem? Nobody cares. Sooner or later, they get girlfriends and live happily ever after. End of story.

How do you know that's going to happen? A lot of guys end up alone.

Most guys who are virgins at that advanced age DON'T want to be. They just can't get laid.

And that's a problem

If you want to stay a virgin because of religious reasons or just personal reasons fine, but if not that's pretty sad

I actually take pity on those guys

Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM

4,263 posts, read 2,094,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
[/b]

How do you know that's going to happen? A lot of guys end up alone.

Most guys who are virgins at that advanced age DON'T want to be. They just can't get laid.

If you want to stay a virgin because of religious reasons or just personal reasons fine, but if not that's pretty sad

I actually take pity on those guys
Why, there are more serious problems in the world than whether a guy is a virgin or not. Seriously people. This isn't high school anymore.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:39 PM

2,937 posts, read 1,792,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Whenever you get married, which should be before you're 30.
who says that? i was almost 40 before i got married. ive known some that waited till they were in their 60s

Old 05-10-2012, 05:41 PM

4,263 posts, read 2,094,656 times
I've got a question myself. At what point do people grow up and stop caring about how many times people get laid? Or whether someone is a virgin or not and worry about more serious issues?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:48 PM

88 posts, read 61,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Even if it's not typical, as long as the person is content and happy with themselves and their choices in life, there is nothing wrong.
I. am. not. happy. with the situation (or my choices).

Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 PM

800 posts, read 381,104 times
I think that losing your virginity and acquiring plenty of varied sexual experience is an essential component of proper mental growth and maturation during one's late teens and early-mid twenties. Especially for guys. Let's face it, most people (esp. guys) who are virgins past the age of 23-25 or so tend to possess odd personalities & mannerisms, exhibit creepy behavior, have low self-esteem and carry themselves awkwardly. Of course, there are exceptions to this and there are quality, confident older people out there who are virgins. Most humans are biologically wired to naturally seek out sexual fulfillment within 3 to 10 years after reaching puberty. It is what it is.

It is also easy for many people to detect older virgins within minutes of meeting or simply observing them.

With that said, there is no cutoff. If you're not ready then don't do it. Some people you date won't care if you're older and inexperienced, many will. It depends.

As for religious folks, although I have no stats to back it up, I suspect that many of the really devout, serious ones get married at young ages (early-mid 20s) so they're having sex young regardless.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 AM

573 posts, read 402,037 times
Male: 21

Female: 25

*The above does not apply to those who are hardcore religious, but rather the average, everyday person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships