Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
No. I think what's wrong is society deciding what's normal/acceptable for individuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Even if it's not typical, as long as the person is content and happy with themselves and their choices in life, there is nothing wrong.
All right, I think that's weird to me. Do you guys believe that every person that happens to be a virgin at a certain age is doing it by choice? You do realize that there's people outthere that are that way but don't want to be. Do you think they're still normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM

382 posts, read 758,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angerinthenation View Post
Really? So you wouldn't bust out laughing or nothing seriously? You really wouldn't? Honestly. You wouldn't think that person had a serious problem or had issues with their sexuality?
Even if they have a serious problem or issues with sexuality, that's their business, not yours.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 PM

I'm shocked at the mature responses. But I'm not sure if you people are saying it to kill my thread or because it's a trap. I would get a little more personal with this thread if you guys want me to share but I don't know though. I'm worried about the lurkers and the snakes.

All I know is that the opinions I'm hearing are a real minority such a minority that I can't say what I want to say.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:45 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
All right, I think that's weird to me. Do you guys believe that every person that happens to be a virgin at a certain age is doing it by choice? You do realize that there's people outthere that are that way but don't want to be. Do you think they're still normal?
Yes, normal people face different issues and obstacles every day. Some easier to address, others not so much. If it's something they want to consciously change, they may need to be more proactive or put more effort into it. That can take time. I certainly wouldn't laugh at them, just as I would hope no one laughed at me or my idiosyncracies.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:45 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
What purpose is your question? Are you proposing Society hunt these old virgins down and put them out of their misery? I am happy to do my part to eradicate the virgin women. Just point them out to me for removal.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:46 PM

382 posts, read 758,467 times
Sexuality is a very personal thing. You do what you want with it and that's no one's business as long as you're not harming anyone else.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
What purpose is your question? Are you proposing Society hunt these old virgins down and put them out of their misery? I am happy to do my part to eradicate the virgin women. Just point them out to me for removal.
It's more so seeing how people view those who have never been sexually active or are inexperienced with relationships or love cause I know that a lot of people look down on that even the people in that situation themselves. I can tell you straight up from experience that it's not something you would want to let people know about and I've never met a virgin who was happy with being one. It's embarassing and even more embarassing when you have to state your reasons and why and everything.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM

917 posts, read 2,948,314 times
Honestly, unless I were trying to sleep with someone, I wouldn't care and since I have a fiance, I'm not trying to sleep with anyone else. A good friend of mine is 30 and a virgin and she's perfectly lovely. We were friends for years before she mentioned it and it certainly didn't change our friendship. The only people that should know or care should be the virgin and the people they date. It's not anyone else's business.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:58 PM

6,561 posts, read 8,393,687 times
I don't think there is a cutoff. I also don't think there is anything wrong with someone for being a virgin at any age.

The majority of my friends are married, so it's a given that they are not virgins any longer. But with my limited number of single friends, I would never ask them about their sex life - whether they are gettin' any or what not. So any of them could be virgins and I just don't care.

I certainly would never laugh or make fun of someone who is a virgin. That does seem a bit immature. You don't have to answer, but I'm curious as to how old you are?

And please know that I'm not trying to kill the thread. These are my honest opinions.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
Honestly, unless I were trying to sleep with someone, I wouldn't care and since I have a fiance, I'm not trying to sleep with anyone else. A good friend of mine is 30 and a virgin and she's perfectly lovely. We were friends for years before she mentioned it and it certainly didn't change our friendship. The only people that should know or care should be the virgin and the people they date. It's not anyone else's business.
So what about male virgins though? I've read threads in here and seen women in here diss the hell out of male virgins. They're like I respect them but they can't talk to me because I don't deal with manchildren. Obviously, they don't respect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships