U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,411,299 times

Advertisements

I've never pursued two girls at the same time but I'm in the situation now where that seems like a reasonable thing to do.

What do you think? Good idea, bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 09:28 PM

15,408 posts, read 14,700,452 times
Hell yes! Go on and get it out of your system!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 PM

10,899 posts, read 6,113,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I've never pursued two girls at the same time but I'm in the situation now where that seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Well, the operand here is "dating." That's what you do when you "date." You go out with lots of different people. Dating is not the same thing as a committed relationship. That comes after a year or two of dating (or longer).

You should be honest about it, should the subject come up. If they can't handle it, then that is an indicator that they have serious emotional problems and you need to drop them like a hot rock.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:29 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,005,211 times
Why are you asking us? This is common sense type stuff. If you feel like you need to keep it a secret, then you probably should not be doing it.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 PM

22,480 posts, read 27,048,543 times
I can't believe you're even asking given the advice which has come your way via previous threads. Do you seriously need a torchlight to lead you along a well-traveled path? Just date both, for goodness' sake! If either eventually becomes someone with whom you'd like to become intimate then break it off with the other and do the basic commit routine. Just don't string along two or more women you're sleeping with on alternate nights as that's just not nice. And I would say the same to any woman playing that silly game.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:42 PM

14,702 posts, read 9,986,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post

Darling, it's 2010...date however many girls you would like to date. Just be honest and straightforward.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:01 AM

13,302 posts, read 6,839,296 times
Count me in with the reasonable people who say it is just fine as long as you're are honest about it.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:30 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,888,781 times
OP said "date" in the title but "pursue" in his post.

Given a pursuit - I always found that it was kind of like a lion trying to run down two fleeing antelope - one ALWAYS gets away. The up-side is that your appetite is increased from the chase, so you usually appreciate the meal that you do catch.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:43 AM

2,415 posts, read 1,542,443 times
Haha.......it's funny to read the female responses in this thread. Most guys interpret "dating two girls" as sleeping with two girls as well. I mean come on.........dating for most people is sleeping with the people they are dating. I don't know many guys that would perpetually date a woman without wanting to sleep or otherwise be intimate with her. That being said if you are dating two women and sleeping with both of them it's only right for them to know. Otherwise it's none of their business who you are seeing or "dating". But sleeping with more than one woman complicates things. Would you want to date a girl that was sleeping with another guy and you at the same time? In this STD laden society I sure as hell wouldn't. So I think you need to clarify what you mean by "dating". Are you having or going to have sex with these women? Do they assume you are dating just them? Are they dating/sleeping with other people?

Sex always complicates things LOL

Old 10-23-2010, 06:10 AM

6,627 posts, read 6,767,957 times
I think it depends on your definition of dating. If sleeping with a woman is dating, then I'd say only date one at a time. If just going out is dating, then dating more than one at a time is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships