Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:55 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,234 times

Advertisements

If you read these threads and other outlets, women constantly claim looks are not as important as personality, they care about the total person and not just the physical package, blah blah.

That is such a load of BULL! In my experiences women are looks obsessed. As a young man, I was very similiar in appearance to my younger brother. Same height, hair color, similar facial features. The main difference was that he was muscular and a body builder type and I had a slender build. Guess who got all the female attention? And he didn't have a great personality. He was just as dull as I was! All the women fixated on were his big muscles.

My girlfriend is a nurse and works in an old folks home. She's worked in these places for 20 years and she says the old men are ignored by the old women. The old gals fall all over themselves flirting with the "young" 40 and 50 year old staff members and visitors. The poor old men just want some attention and affection and can't get any.

I work at a community center/health facility. The older females here, usually in their 40's and 50's, make fools of themselves propositioning and flirting with the young studs that frequent the place. They won't have anything to do with the perfectly decent middle age guys that come here. Meanwhile, the young guys are laughing at these women behind their backs. I know because they ridicule these gals to me.

Women, I think it's fine to be attracted to a great face and body. We men are the same way. Just get off your high horses and admit it.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:59 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Money, fame or power will trump looks almost every time when it comes to women.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
I'm seriously doubting women are more hypocritical than men. Men have the old "it's ok for me to cheat, but not my wife" mentality. Not all, but a lot do.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
So they're hypocrites, and they like younger men. What else is new?

Old 01-21-2010, 02:04 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
*jumps down off high horse....whoa Silver...whoa*

I'll be the first to say looks do come into play for me. I mean, who wants to be with someone whom they are not physically attacted to? Do they have to look like movie star with a perfect body, teeth, etc.? No

*gets back on high horse and rides off into sunset*

Old 01-21-2010, 02:04 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post

I'll be the first to say looks do come into play for me. I mean, who wants to be with someone whom they are not physically attacted to? Do they have to look like movie star with a perfect body, teeth, etc.? No

I cant rep you anymore, but that was funny.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:05 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Quote:

Good job Kemo Sabe!

865 posts, read 2,431,128 times
Well, I for one have NEVER pretended that looks aren't important. Of course they are. But don't blame it on your brother's muscles if he got more attention. I personally prefer a slender build, but give me a similar looking person, one with muscles and one with a slender build....I'll choose the one with the more interesting/better personality.

And the women at the nursing home - well, that's just foolish. Sure, the old ladies like to flirt, but if an old man wants to be flirted with, he has to make himself available for that. I'll bet those same old men flirt with that nurse more than they do with any of those old ladies. Those people live together day in and day out, and probably see each other more as family than they do as someone to flirt with. To be flirted with, you have to BE a flirt too.

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
No one is denying it. Your talking about older people harmlessly flirting with younger people. Happens all the time with both genders. I believe there is a different attitude when women are actually considering a man LTR material.

As far as you and your brother????Could have been a number of things.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:06 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:

*Calls out to you.

Hey, who's going to clean up Silver's mess here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships