Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:40 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,386,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I guess he must only go out to meet women--when he's out without you. I don't go out to meet women--if I go out at all, I go out by myself, to have a little fun. I like singing karaoke and playing pool or darts or the trivia game.

In fact, I've brought books to the bar with me so I can sit and read or work puzzles while I'm sitting there.
Download FRUIT SALAD for your phone. It is addictive. ASU was getting it's tail beaten so badly...that I ran my battery out playing it.

The only women, I care what they are doing, are the bartenders. Keep the glass filled.

Last edited by JSizzle225; 10-24-2010 at 11:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,020,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Well, I don't know. I’d still want to feel good. That doesn’t mean I still don’t do it for myself. It’s all about looking good = feeling good!

I wear makeup every single day, even out for casual shopping on weekends, because it makes me feel prettier and more confident.
Yeah but Trimac has a point. If you were the only person around and spent your life sitting on a beach eating coconuts, then would it matter if you felt pretty or confident? Would there even be a barometer of either trait since there would be no comparisons?

But hey, we don't live alone on beaches so I'm all about looking good and feeling good. And I completely feel more confident when I feel like I look good. It's just how it works.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,837,913 times
Some go to the library and some to the SPCA to get more cats. Other than that....

Old 10-25-2010, 03:02 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,846,883 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know. I’d still want to feel good. That doesn’t mean I still don’t do it for myself. It’s all about looking good = feeling good!

I wear makeup every single day, even out for casual shopping on weekends, because it makes me feel prettier and more confident.
There's nothing wrong with that, but if you equate how you feel with how you look too much it can become unhealthy. Nothing wrong in small doses (hell you should have at least a bit of it) but alot of women are so caught up in how that looks they forget other things.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,157,677 times
Quote:
My boyfriend and I were watching a show the other day, and in it a bunch of single women were hitting the town for a night out. We got to talking and he said they were clearly getting all dressed up to see if they could meet a man. I told him that’s not always the case – sometimes women like to dress up and go out for a girls night of dancing, drinking and fun. They don’t have to necessarily be “on the prowl” to enjoy a fun night out with girlfriends. If they happen to meet a cute man, great. The night can be even more fun! If they don’t, that’s just fine too.

He refused to accept this and is convinced all single women go out on the town all dressed up for one reason and one reason only – to pick up men.

I am interested to see what the people of CD make of this?
I wouldn't say they're out to pick up men all the time, but male attention is certainly the reason for going through the hassle of getting dolled up and going out. That male attention is the only factor that's different from going to someone's house and dancing in their PJs in their living room to music they choose and having cheap drinks you don't have to wait in line for.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:21 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,846,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Deep deep down I think everything we do is for other people. That goes for anybody.

If you were the last person on earth, or lived among monkeys, would you REALLY care how beautiful you looked? Think about it...

But I do get your point. He sounds rather self-absorbed.

Actually yeah i would because I enjoy looking good. In fact I do things that my mates don't like all the time because I enjoy them. Notice a recurring theme in this thread?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:51 AM

67 posts, read 116,190 times
Depends on what the woman is looking for. She might be looking for sex. She might be looking to outdo her girlfriends. She might be going out to the club her ex boyfriend likes, to make him jealous . Plenty of reasons. A woman doen't doll up only to please a man or to get male attention. She might just want to feel sexy.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:07 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,963,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I don't think single women get all dressed up to go and dance with women, unless they are lesbians. I think they get dressed up and go out to have fun with men. Not just to pick up a man, but to have fun with men, and usually at the man's expense. And if they make a connection, so much the better. But, in the end, if they are single, they go out to meet men. I'm not saying women don't go out just to have a night out with the girls, but it depends on if the woman/girls are single or married.
I'm so disappointed.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:35 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,846,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMoon View Post
Depends on what the woman is looking for. She might be looking for sex. She might be looking to outdo her girlfriends. She might be going out to the club her ex boyfriend likes, to make him jealous . Plenty of reasons. A woman doen't doll up only to please a man or to get male attention. She might just want to feel sexy.
Well a large part of 'feeling good' and 'feeling sexy' is because you know how many guys you're turning on and how many girls you're making jealous.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:39 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,713,006 times
Quote:
My boyfriend and I were watching a show the other day, and in it a bunch of single women were hitting the town for a night out. We got to talking and he said they were clearly getting all dressed up to see if they could meet a man. I told him that’s not always the case – sometimes women like to dress up and go out for a girls night of dancing, drinking and fun. They don’t have to necessarily be “on the prowl” to enjoy a fun night out with girlfriends. If they happen to meet a cute man, great. The night can be even more fun! If they don’t, that’s just fine too.

He refused to accept this and is convinced all single women go out on the town all dressed up for one reason and one reason only – to pick up men.

I am interested to see what the people of CD make of this?
Your BF must be a youngun.

Of COURSE girls go out to just have fun...dang. Some guys think it has to be all about them all the freakin' time. Sheesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships