Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Sex Overrated
Yes 37 44.05%
No 47 55.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,465,732 times

Advertisements

I think we're all wired a little differently, so sex is more important to some than others, probably based on brain chemistry, hormonal balance, social development, etc.

I think it's also possible that some people who think sex is overrated may not have a partner, may have a partner who isn't good at sex, or they themselves may not be good at sex. In other words, "sour grapes"!

When it's done well, it's hard to overrate it!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:23 AM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Disregarding health issues, it is available to all.
In theory, not in reality. Not everyone has had the chance to have this "deep connection" with another human being.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Yes, highly. It may be a few minutes of fun, but I can think of many other things that I'd rather do.
I really wish our culture would stop pushing sex as the be all and end all.
Ditto. I don't see what's the big deal about sex anyway. All that's involved in sex is foreplay, the actual activity and then you go to sleep. Big whoop

Quote:
I think it's also possible that some people who think sex is overrated may not have a partner, may have a partner who isn't good at sex, or they themselves may not be good at sex. In other words, "sour grapes"!
It's also possible that some people believe that there's more to life than just sex. Also, I want to be into sex with the RIGHT woman, not just any ho on the street

Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
It's also possible that some people believe that there's more to life than just sex. Also, I want to be into sex with the RIGHT woman, not just any ho on the street

Ummm...did anyone here say otherwise?

Surely you don't assume that people who truly enjoy sex, don't enjoy anything else.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 AM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You can speak for yourself here...but you surely cannot speak for me. I have no desire or plans for more children - I've long since passed that stage. And with the right guy, sex sends me over the moon. If you aren't enjoying it, then something is missing. I don't mean to imply that we can't live without it...we certainly can, and many obviously do. If it wasn't enjoyable for women, I doubt that vibrator sales would be the billion-dollar industry that it is.
I think the vibrator sales are so high BECAUSE sex with someone else is often not enjoyable for women!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:35 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,465,732 times
Quote:
Ditto. I don't see what's the big deal about sex anyway. All that's involved in sex is foreplay, the actual activity and then you go to sleep. Big whoop
With the right person, sex is one of the best ways to bond and maintain a bond of deep affection and love. Yes, you can have this without sex, but it's harder to achieve. It's a great source of pleasure, and doesn't require a lot of expensive specialized equipment to play!

Quote:
Sounds like "sour grapes." Of course there is far more to life than "just" sex. Unless you're a sex addict, you'd probably spend at most an hour a day having sex, except on those special occasions. I could give up an hour of tv, texting, or internet daily for good sex! Oh, wait! I do!!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 AM

37,580 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think the vibrator sales are so high BECAUSE sex with someone else is often not enjoyable for women!
When I'm in a relationship, my toy doesn't even leave the nightstand. Although...I think the BF would probably enjoy that.

However, my earlier point was, sex IS indeed enjoyable - be it with a toy, or a live human. However, if sex with the toy is better than sex with the live human, someone is doing something WRONG.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 AM

37,440 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
No but battery operated toys sure are .
True. For a lady who is desirous a battery-powered toy should do fine for her

Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 AM

37,440 posts, read 61,346,326 times
Quote:
... If you aren't enjoying it, then something is missing. I don't mean to imply that we can't live without it...we certainly can, and many obviously do. If it wasn't enjoyable for women, I doubt that vibrator sales would be the billion-dollar industry that it is.
I agree entirely.

If everyone was in a mutually consensual intimate relationship with a person they loved; the adult toy industry would be flaccid.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Ummm...did anyone here say otherwise?

Surely you don't assume that people who truly enjoy sex, don't enjoy anything else.
Oh he does assume that. Especially if they're women. You know how we like to sit around all day having sex with all kinds of different men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.