Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 10:21 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Many people are. Hell even I was told to be nice and gentleman like, but I've found that women just don't care for that. From my experience at least.
I really don't know where you guys get this. Most women like gentlemen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I don't know where others get it, but I get it from experience.

Lots of experience, in fact.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:

For example? I'm curious what made you think that.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:

Only really immature women, P_F. You're a great guy. You can certainly find a quality woman who likes gentlemen. Personal question you don't have to answer here, but do think about it, and I could be wrong: Are the women you're looking to date VERY young and/or very "all that"/Girls Gone Wild-esque? We women are super hot for gentleman once we grow up a little.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
I often find myself wondering where they get there stuff from too.......

I've been a "nice guy" all of my life and Nice Guys ALWAYS finish first.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Many people are. Hell even I was told to be nice and gentleman like, but I've found that women just don't care for that. From my experience at least.

I think as you get older women change because they keep getting crapped on, so at some point they realize that tbey were going about it all wrong, or they just keep telling themselves that it'll all work out and something even worse happens to them.

Or they become bitter.
Yep. It annoys me really. They shun good people for years then suddenly decide they want a real breadwinner when they wanna have kids. Sorry sister but you should have boarded the ship when it was still in port.

Quote:
For example? I'm curious what made you think that.
Really? You need only attend a university to see flagrant examples of women, demure or wild, going after the cool bad boy instead of the quiet calm type.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

Really? You need only attend a university to see flagrant examples of women, demure or wild, going after the cool bad boy instead of the quiet calm type.
I'm in a master's program so I know what goes on in a university. Even the arty-nerdy boys have lady friends.

You are a self-fulfilling prophecy, however.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:

Right. Exactly. If you guys are going for the college girls, well, you really are not going to see a huge pool of serious-minded, mature women who want a quiet relationship where they get to watch Chiller's Top 13 Countdown on Friday with a nice Chardonnay next to a mature gentleman.

I mean seriously. You're going for 19-year-olds and you're judging the whole female gender on how a young person, who in no way (male or female!) wants to settle down, acts?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
They shun good people for years then suddenly decide they want a real breadwinner when they wanna have kids.
No, they grow up. And it's no different for the guys. They "shun" "good" (read: stead, steady and boring, to a 19-year-old) people and then eventually (not suddenly) grow up and want something different out of life than a 19-year-old does.

What is so difficult to understand here? And what's the lesson? (Hint: It involves changing your dating pool. Oh, wait, I just gave it away.)

I mean seriously, you guys are trying to smash with 19- or 20-year-olds and you're shocked that you're not getting hits? Think about it, fellows! I'm not being insulting. I'm sure that you're all very attractive, etc. But are you 19 and wild? I doubt it...because if you were, odds are you wouldn't be complaining about girls who just want to go crazy and do bad things.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
I'm in a master's program so I know what goes on in a university. Even the arty-nerdy boys have lady friends.

You are a self-fulfilling prophecy, however.
Hah, sure thing. Perhaps I'll start berating women when I talk to them, that should work, and I would almost enjoy it simply by knowing I'd be proving you wrong. Hope your master's is going well.. ah shoot, there I go again, being nice to people.

JerZ, yes, considering I go to college that's basically my only option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships