Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times

Advertisements

This is the first time I've ever even heard the words "poly" or "mono". I guess I don't get out much. For myself though I wouldn't have any interest in living a lifestyle in which my wife was having sex with men or women as if the marriage doesn't mean anything (assuming that the couple is married). I guess I'd be ok with having a couple like that as friends though if they had some good qualities, I just wouldn't want anything to do with the partner swapping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This is the first time I've ever even heard the words "poly" or "mono".
Arentcha glad to learn something new every day, MG?!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Is your wife still interested in being this woman's friend even after all this is revealed?? I mean her friend is clearly hinting something here..
Miss, I think my wife is not sure how to interpret this right now. The way she was told it could have been meant as a come on or just sharing information with someone you're getting closer to. They have been hanging out for a few months now, and this is just coming out now. I guess if the woman was interested in just sex this would have come up sooner?

Again, I'm not sure how to react to this, but I kind of hope my wife just quits hanging out with this woman. This seems like a bit too much. I'm not saying the woman is depraved or anything, but we do get to pick our friends, don't we? I don't want a friend who is so exhaustingly different than me. So long as I am not expected to hang out with the guy though, no worries ... if I do have to meet him, I am probably going to ask him in a blunt way how he can handle other men f***ing his wife, and then I will say I think only a p**** would do that or something to that effect. I won't mean to say these things, I will just be thinking them so hard they will come out.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
This is the first time I've ever even heard the words "poly" or "mono".
I've heard "poly" before, but I think I may have made up "mono."

Old 10-26-2010, 12:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Again, I'm not sure how to react to this, but I kind of hope my wife just quits hanging out with this woman. This seems like a bit too much. I'm not saying the woman is depraved or anything, but we do get to pick our friends, don't we? I don't want a friend who is so exhaustingly different than me. So long as I am not expected to hang out with the guy though, no worries ... if I do have to meet him, I am probably going to ask him in a blunt way how he can handle other men f***ing his wife, and then I will say I think only a p**** would do that or something to that effect. I won't mean to say these things, I will just be thinking them so hard they will come out.
Well, that would be rude, wouldn't it? Can you control yourself around gay men, or do you blurt out things like, "How can you stand to take it up the ***?" or "Only a f***** does stuff like that"? And the guy is just blinking at you because all he wanted was for you to pass the potatoes.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I am friends with two couples who are into the swinging lifestyle. They don't talk openly about it, just mentioned it when it somehow came up in conversation.

Definitely not my thing, but I still hang out with my friends as usual. It's not like they're having sex at family cookouts or anything, so it doesn't bother me what they do in their private time.
Neemy, hmmm... neither of the couples live in Symrna do they?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I've heard "poly" before, but I think I may have made up "mono."
Well, it is the opposite of "poly" in any other context, so why not?!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, that would be rude, wouldn't it? Can you control yourself around gay men, or do you blurt out things like, "How can you stand to take it up the ***?" or "Only a f***** does stuff like that"? And the guy is just blinking at you because all he wanted was for you to pass the potatoes.
It's natural for a man to not want another d00d to bang his wife. They just seem like little weasels to me. I don't think "gay" and "poly" are good comparisons.

You are born gay...and you can be poly and gay. Poly is just hedonistic stuff.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
JJ, I know it would be rude, but I'm sure I'd say something blunt like that.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
You are born gay...
Well, in other people's opinions, that's questionable, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships