Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 02:26 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,436,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
You're both wrong.
121 posts and now you're gonna play games.....

Yeah...I can see why you got the cold shoulder.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM

2,438 posts, read 3,178,686 times
Quote:
You're both wrong.
More likely a restraining order, but, then again, I wasn't really trying to guess.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:48 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,431,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
More likely a restraining order, but, then again, I wasn't really trying to guess.
Once again, you're wrong. If you were right, she would be breaking her own restraining order by sitting near me.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
Are you guys in elementary school?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 PM

She acknowledged me again today.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:12 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,681,185 times
Quote:
Like I said, I don't care that she took my seat. I just think it's odd that she took it. I think there might be a reason why. And if there's a reason, I wonder what the reason is. She had been sitting near me, so I'm pretty sure she noticed I sat there. And the fact that we had a previous class but she hasn't even acknowledged me in the current class makes it even more suspicious.

But let's back up to before she took my seat. Before then, she had been sitting near me. Of all the possible seats, why would she sit near someone she talked to in a previous class but not even acknowledge them?

I don't like her. I was hoping to never see her again after the previous class ended. I never told her I don't like her. But maybe she can sense I don't like her and she's thinking "2 can play at that game."
Sounds like she took your seat cuz she's ticked at you for not liking her. Either that or she was hoping to provoke a response from you..hence, forcing you to talk to her. Either way, extremely immature behavior for a college (?) student.

For the record, I have to say...when I was in college, I generally had a specific area in a classroom that I preferred to sit. I sat in a similar area in every class, arriving early enough to ensure my spot. It had to be close enough to the front to hear the lecturer well, see everything written on the boards, but not too close so that I had to crane my neck looking at the board or screen. If you're more than a week into the term, folks have generally picked their seating for the quarter. To up and move, taking someone elses seat, mid-term is absolutely rude and obnoxious. Of course, there are a whole lot of socially retarded people out there whom we have to deal with.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:18 PM

83 posts, read 147,268 times
Quote:
She acknowledged me today.
Quote:
She acknowledged me again today.
Oh dear. Where to begin?

Seeing this is an old thread, but the OP apparently resurrects it each time this chick 'acknowledges' him - It deserves comment (not that you haven't received an abundance of great opinions from the good folk of CD, OP)

How do I say this nicely? You didn't seem to get it from the thoughtful CD members who gave their ideas, so maybe you just want to hear the non-subtle version?

You will find, once you graduate from college (I hope long before that day), that the world does not revolve around you, and people you interact with are generally not thinking about you as much as you seem to imagine.

You spent two months reporting here on how this chick did not 'acknowledge' you. What does it even mean, this acknowledgment? Did her greeting you or lack thereof make the sky bluer? Did it make your car payment for the month (if you have a vehicle)? Did it give you a better grade in the class?

Okay, so now she has acknowledged you. Twice. Glad that you mentioned it here - So, now what has changed? Did the birds chirp out the hallelujah chorus? What happened after she acknowledged you?

Dude, you will get into the real world and there will be occasions when your co-worker is having a bad day and doesn't want to talk to anyone - What will you do then? Or you may get passed up for a promotion - Is that the end of the world?

Reason why I am being so blunt- The sooner you learn to take things in their stride and not make such a big deal of it, especially unpredictable human behavior, the better for you. You're still in college - Now is an excellent time to start getting used to it.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSAngel View Post
Oh dear. Where to begin?

Seeing this is an old thread, but the OP apparently resurrects it each time this chick 'acknowledges' him - It deserves comment (not that you haven't received an abundance of great opinions from the good folk of CD, OP)

How do I say this nicely? You didn't seem to get it from the thoughtful CD members who gave their ideas, so maybe you just want to hear the non-subtle version?

You will find, once you graduate from college (I hope long before that day), that the world does not revolve around you, and people you interact with are generally not thinking about you as much as you seem to imagine.

You spent two months reporting here on how this chick did not 'acknowledge' you. What does it even mean, this acknowledgment? Did her greeting you or lack thereof make the sky bluer? Did it make your car payment for the month (if you have a vehicle)? Did it give you a better grade in the class?

Okay, so now she has acknowledged you. Twice. Glad that you mentioned it here - So, now what has changed? Did the birds chirp out the hallelujah chorus? What happened after she acknowledged you?

Dude, you will get into the real world and there will be occasions when your co-worker is having a bad day and doesn't want to talk to anyone - What will you do then? Or you may get passed up for a promotion - Is that the end of the world?

Reason why I am being so blunt- The sooner you learn to take things in their stride and not make such a big deal of it, especially unpredictable human behavior, the better for you. You're still in college - Now is an excellent time to start getting used to it.
The first time she acknowledged me, I didn't have to resurrect the thread. The thread was still going on at that point. I don't think the world revolves around me. I just thought it was odd for her to not acknowledge me. After she acknowledged me, that made things less awkward. If someone doesn't want to talk on a bad day, that's one thing. But it's odd to sit near/next to someone in a big class where there are other seats and pretend they don't exist even though you know damn well who they are. Not to mention the time she took my seat. The class is over now.

I might appear to be resurrecting the thread, but that's just because I didn't read your response until now.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:12 PM

35,309 posts, read 51,976,495 times
Unless the seats are designated to specific students i'd say all chairs are fair game and maybe this particular chair is yours only in your mind when to her its just another chair..

Old 12-21-2010, 01:13 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,189,633 times
Quote:
I just decided to sit somewhere else. I didn't want to fight over the seat, so I just let her have it. But at the same time, I was curious of if she would even take that seat.
well i think you should just punch her in the face! or the stomach. one way or another you should punch her... Whack!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships