Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Just so many things with online dating that makes me ill

So with teledating BOTH genders are having fun not just one gender like it is on internet dating.

I highly recommend a telephone dating service to all the men on here called Lavalife. It's very popular and exciting and I can't wait. Online dating SUCKS
I feel like I just read an ad for Lavalife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 AM

701 posts, read 800,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I actually envy those in the US, or even the Eastern states of Australia, because Perth is the most isolated city in the WORLD. Imagine Portland being the ONLY city of any size west of the Mississippi.

If I lived anywhere in the US my pool of potential dates would increase a hundredfold. Plus women there seem more open to just chatting online than the ones here (at least from talking on ok cupid).
Try Hawaii! I'm 2500 miles here from the closest major land mass.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:45 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Try Hawaii! I'm 2500 miles here from the closest major land mass.
Yeah we both know how it feels, lol. Hawaii is far more interesting than Western Australia, though. I'd love to live there.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:06 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Lol. Doing the same things over and over again, and expecting different results.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:49 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Lol. Doing the same things over and over again, and expecting different results.
That sums it up. He's already done the whole gamut and reverts to stage 1 because a new site looks inviting - talk about a sucker for advertising hype!

So, Grasshopper, three more days to go until the end of October. On October 11 you wrote, "Well I will be on 1 date before the month is over since I now have flexibility in my hip muscles. I had a tight siuation for a min"

Not one of your dating predictions has ever panned out but thought I'd mention this latest one so we can all stay en pointe.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
At least you get messages from women (that aren't fake), lol.

Seriously though, the chances of finding someone online are probably worse than meeting someone in a pub or a club or somewhere.
Not too many people can expect to meet someone on a long term basis without going out to look for him/her. Does one really think some gorgeous mate is gonna come knocking at your door while one sits at home and stares blankly at a monitor?
Get out there and look! There are many places people meet without even trying. Dont appear desperate, of course thats going to scare someone away. Grocery stores, the park, having a cup of coffee (solo) at the coffee shop. But get up off that old couch and go somewhere, ya never know! Just saying is all.....

Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
3. men can eliminate getting messages from ugly woman by sound of her voice

Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
Not too many people can expect to meet someone on a long term basis without going out to look for him/her. Does one really think some gorgeous mate is gonna come knocking at your door while one sits at home and stares blankly at a monitor?
Get out there and look! There are many places people meet without even trying. Dont appear desperate, of course thats going to scare someone away. Grocery stores, the park, having a cup of coffee (solo) at the coffee shop. But get up off that old couch and go somewhere, ya never know! Just saying is all.....
If you only knew the history here!!!!! What you're saying has been said for over two years now and nothing changes.

By the way, Grasshopper, I also enjoyed the title of your thread when you wrote that, " Online Dating is mentally draining". Your poor dear, everything is so mentally draining but then if the bathtub's only got a couple of inches in it there's not much to drain anyway once the plug is pulled.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
rofl
No kidding. A woman at work has the voice of a dainty lil' goddess. He should see her!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:21 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Just so many things with online dating that makes me ill

1. getting messages from pretty women 500 miles away

2. getting messages from ugly women 5 miles away

3. you get bored browsing tons and tons of women ads

4. lots of women with blank essays in their profile

5. having to state your salary info your ad

6. having to state your occupation in your ad

7. women wanting to talk on IM for 90 days

8. women writing LONG emails

9. getting messages from women 45 and over

10. too much competition

I'm excited about going back on telephone dating because

1. men are judged by their voice and personality

2. men have more fun because it's a live chat

3. men can eliminate getting messages from ugly woman by sound of her voice

4.you can touch base instantly because you already have a feel for each other's personality

5.there is no email or instant messenger hurdle

6. you can tell in 4 secs what woman are crazy

7. you are not asked for your job or salary info

8. you don't get bored browsing ads because they are live voices not pics

9. it's a higher success rate because lots of men don't speak well in their ads

10. you have a choice of being in LTR, causal dating, friendship, imitate encounters, or alternative lifestyles.

So with teledating BOTH genders are having fun not just one gender like it is on internet dating.

I highly recommend a telephone dating service to all the men on here called Lavalife. It's very popular and exciting and I can't wait. Online dating SUCKS
TVSG, Sometimes when I read your posts I get the feeling that you may have been one of my Special Olympians. But then I remember that they actually have courage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships