Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times

Advertisements

maybe the OP is going through some family revelation...
things happen for a reason. sometimes they help fate. back then, probaby moreso than now, people were very critical of eachother. a "simple" thing like pregnancy out of wedlock would have ruined a woman's life in every way back then. no one would have wanted to be associated with her, it would have been difficult to find a job, and the children would have been treated mercilessly for something that was not their fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ranks in the top 10 as silliest post of the year.

Why on earth would this matter to anyone?
I think the topic of wondering who one's real father is in a family full of lies or even a generation of constant coverups (ok true, that might be a dramatic use of words, but seriously) is a legitimate topic..Is it because the OP doesn't actually have this problem personally that makes it a silly post?

Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 AM

113 posts, read 193,230 times
I agree with the post that says you must be so proud. I rep'd the people who resonded that this was a joke since obviously they were only looking to up their star power. They know who they are. I think that it is a crying shame that as someone put it, the first one comes early. Why don't we all admit that children need to know, wether it be for medical reasons as someone previously posted ....maybe all of your liars from the 50's and 60's can come out of your haze and admit you have children that you don't want to pay for. After all, wasn't it in everybody's best interest to let the government pay for them.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:05 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times
Ignorance is bliss, this may be one of those cases. If you're talking about fessing up with the spouse, they should get the truth, but in terms of fessing up to the kids, if they have 2 loving parents, let them be.

If the truth about everyone and everything was known, the world wouldn't be a friendly place, fact. Go use your imagination.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau&Cloe View Post
I agree with the post that says you must be so proud. I rep'd the people who resonded that this was a joke since obviously they were only looking to up their star power. They know who they are. I think that it is a crying shame that as someone put it, the first one comes early. Why don't we all admit that children need to know, wether it be for medical reasons as someone previously posted ....maybe all of your liars from the 50's and 60's can come out of your haze and admit you have children that you don't want to pay for. After all, wasn't it in everybody's best interest to let the government pay for them.
Are you out of your cotton pickin mind? There are FAR more children on this earth right now that have no idea who thier dads are! For the most part,if we men who came of age in the 50's and 60's got a girl pregnant we did the right thing and married her. Hell! You cant even get a young man to pull his damn pants up these days. Let alone do the right thing! You obviously have hatred for a particular person and are taking it out on an entire generation of men.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 AM

113 posts, read 193,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Are you out of your cotton pickin mind? There are FAR more children on this earth right now that have no idea who thier dads are! For the most part,if we men who came of age in the 50's and 60's got a girl pregnant we did the right thing and married her. Hell! You cant even get a young man to pull his damn pants up these days. Let alone do the right thing! You obviously have hatred for a particular person and are taking it out on an entire generation of men.
I'm not saying you didn't do the right thing and married her. What I'm saying is when you married the girl you got pregnant, are you sure it was you that got her pregnant? I don't have any hatred, quite the contrary, It's not me I'm interested in. Without DNA, wasn't it quite easy back then? Wouldn't the young girl just pick the best? Apparently, that's what this family did?

Old 10-27-2010, 01:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau&Cloe View Post

Humans are not naturally monogamous. Marriage is an artificial creation so that beta males could have women. Women still subconciously crave for something bigger better and stronger.

Besides, it is more than biology that defines a father. I have provided the opportunity to these men to experience fatherhood, and they have acted as good providers.

This is the way it is meant to be: The strong get to pass on their genes while the provider is used as a cuckold.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:56 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen1288 View Post
Humans are not naturally monogamous. Marriage is an artificial creation so that beta males could have women. Women still subconciously crave for something bigger better and stronger.

Besides, it is more than biology that defines a father. I have provided the opportunity to these men to experience fatherhood, and they have acted as good providers.

This is the way it is meant to be: The strong get to pass on their genes while the provider is used as a cuckold.
That's kind of true in a crude way.

I was watching "Real Stories of the ER" the other day. Saw a story about an Asian couple in the delivery room and the baby came out black. So not sure how that played out but DAMN! Stop ho'in please.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:01 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
After reading the OP I feel so guilty that I must fess up. Chessie, I am your Daddy! And it's your lucky day! Cuz I'm filthy rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay then. NOW I care!!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I think the topic of wondering who one's real father is in a family full of lies or even a generation of constant coverups (ok true, that might be a dramatic use of words, but seriously) is a legitimate topic..Is it because the OP doesn't actually have this problem personally that makes it a silly post?
No - it's that he is even begging the question...as to whether or not families should be allowed to have privacy regarding paternity or maternity. I do find that to be completely ridiculous for anyone to ponder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships