Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:27 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times

Advertisements

I've always been in favor of my realtionship girls being 2-4 years younger than me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I've always been in favor of my realtionship girls being 2-4 years younger than me.
I'm 9 years younger than my husband, I always liked that difference in age.

I think it's very important for both male and female to keep themselves in good shape, not just in terms of weight, but more in terms of health so the age doesn't become much of an issue.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:41 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I've said it before and will say it again: Majority of men are attracted to much younger women. A high school student wants a college girl, a 30 year old man wants a college girl, as well as a 40 and 50 and 60. There is nothing new here!!! And why wouldn't he? Young tight body, soft young skin...there is nothing surprising about it.
If I was going back in time however, when I was 21, I would still go for someone who is no more than 10-12 years older than me. A girl's got to think ahead. A 60 year old man simply cannot keep up with someone who is 40 and in her sexual prime. Even just physically, certain positions would be too difficult to handle.

On the other hand, there is something so sexy about a 40 year old man who prefers women his own age, that's because it's unexpected. It's refreshing to see a man in his 40s who doesn't run after someone his own children's age and who is not a walking "cliche".
I totally agree. In my early 20's, I was pursued by men in their mid and late 30's who were looking for a young wife; in my 30's, by (mostly divorced) men in their 40's looking for a young l/t girlfriend or wife to boost their male egos; and in my forties by men in their late 50's, 60's and 70's. It's pretty sad to go to work and see a guy in his 70's ask me for a date....and then people tell me I look younger than my age. What gives????

I went out with a guy one time in his early 50's who told me he had suffered three heart attacks, (he looked in very good shape) and one of his kids said "Please no sex with my Dad, okay?" That left me with visions of killing the poor guy

What's a girl to do?
What's a girl to do???

Old 10-28-2010, 06:46 PM

783 posts, read 2,257,370 times
According to my observation, desire for older men ends at around 40. I have always been attracted to older men, but I can see how the switch can turn in 8-10 years.

There ya go. And men get so much hell for this. When I was young I loved older women - after my divorce (she was my first, and 4 yrs younger) I favored women older than me. I was in my twenties and the world seemed to me a sea of dejected, lonely and insecure but very attractive and fit 35 to 45 year old women. I had girlfriends younger than me as well, and some my own age, but older women were way more fun in bed and those were the relationships I most sought. That's because they were in their prime. So was I.

Then, an older woman sees a man her age out with a young woman sand she makes wisecracks about him not being able to "handle" a real woman, or that he's pleasing his eye because he can't please anything else, or whatever.

Yeah, it becomes a matter of pleasing the eye. So what? Enjoy your hardbody and I'll enjoy mine and knock off with the judgemental comments. Older people might settle into relationships with other older people, but it's not like when you hit 40 all of a sudden 50 year olds start looking any hotter. There's nothing wrong with appreciating youth - cuz god knows few of us do when we have it for ourselves.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
According to my observation, desire for older men ends at around 40. I have always been attracted to older men, but I can see how the switch can turn in 8-10 years.

There ya go. And men get so much hell for this. When I was young I loved older women - after my divorce (she was my first, and 4 yrs younger) I favored women older than me. I was in my twenties and the world seemed to me a sea of dejected, lonely and insecure but very attractive and fit 35 to 45 year old women. I had girlfriends younger than me as well, and some my own age, but older women were way more fun in bed and those were the relationships I most sought. That's because they were in their prime. So was I.

Then, an older woman sees a man her age out with a young woman sand she makes wisecracks about him not being able to "handle" a real woman, or that he's pleasing his eye because he can't please anything else, or whatever.

Yeah, it becomes a matter of pleasing the eye. So what? Enjoy your hardbody and I'll enjoy mine and knock off with the judgemental comments. Older people might settle into relationships with other older people, but it's not like when you hit 40 all of a sudden 50 year olds start looking any hotter. There's nothing wrong with appreciating youth - cuz god knows few of us do when we have it for ourselves.

Hey, you won't find judgemental comments from me, buddy. As I said, it's pretty much expected (at least from me) to see a man wanting a younger woman. And I don't blame them. The question is whether or not an older man can keep up with US younger women.
I'm pretty sure that when I'm 45, I wouldn't mind a hot young stud for myself.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:59 PM

783 posts, read 2,257,370 times
Sorry, my "pi$$ off" attitude wasn't directed at you. I was really using your comment as validation for my own tirade. See geese and ganders...

Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry, my "pi$$ off" attitude wasn't directed at you. I was really using your comment as validation for my own tirade. See geese and ganders...
No worries, vent away.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:00 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Personal opinion. Most of the women I've dated have been within 10 years, I prefer within 5 years, or my own age. I didn't go to college until I was almost 30. Had to save up the money, after all, I wasn't about to go into debt to finance my tuition and all.
typo: within 5 years of my own age. I'm turning 40 next month, that means my preference is 35 to 45, but I wouldn't date anyone under 30.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,429 times
Quote:

Who really cares? As long as people enjoy themselves in their relationships age doesn't really matter. Both sets of my Grandparents had a difference in age of 18-22 years. My Dad's parents were always in love. It was a wonderful thing to see, and something we always wanted for ourselves. Just to have that much love for eachother. I am all in favour of aging gracefully. I was definitely hotter when I was younger, but I have no desire to grab on to younger guys as some kind of crazed cougar.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Hugh Hefner doesn't have to beg. His money does the bidding.
I can't remember where I heard this quote, but an exchange between Hugh Hefner and one of his 18-year-old "girlfriends" went something like this:

Girlfriend: "Wow, I've never dated anyone older than 24."
Hugh: "Me neither."

Now, to answer the original poster's question: I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer, but for me personally, I already felt too old to date college-aged women by the time I was 25. Your life priorities shift so much once you're out of college, and the longer you're out of college, the less you have in common with people who are still in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships