U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2010, 08:43 PM

23,933 posts, read 19,736,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha! I'm intrigued!
Me too!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 08:49 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,205,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySweetLips View Post
...if you DID not like my curves...why did we date for 5 months?
Hmmmmmm....... you could be one of hundreds. We dated for 5 months? You must have been great in the sack if you lasted that long. You must have me confused with someone else if you are an overweight chick.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 11-02-2010 at 09:10 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM

9,400 posts, read 7,618,176 times
Yeah there needs to be an international standard of measurements. Especially for shirts! I can't tell you how many times I buy a Large at one place and it fits fine and a Medium at another place is just as fitting!

@LaoTzu I think she's some split-personality person or something

Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM

3,625 posts, read 2,813,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Me too!
Yeah, me too.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM

17,789 posts, read 16,860,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
I think everyone is missing the fact that really slim, athletic, attractive people are not going to be found on personal ad sites. The perfectly built people have no problem getting dates in the real world and don't have to advertise for dates. Any attractive woman is going to get hit on multiple times a day just from going to gym, work, shopping. If you want perfect bodies you won't find them in personal ads.
You really must not have much experience with such sites. I would consider your adjectives to apply to me, and also to my BF, who I met on POF. In fact, he's not just attractive, he's absolutely handsome.

I go to the gym...every day, often twice a day (lunchtime and after work). Then I come home, run errands, make dinner, clean up, pay bills or whatever, and then go to sleep. Then I get up the next morning and do it all again. This is my routine, every day. I rarely get "hit on" as I am too busy to even notice it if I did. I have a full active life (before and after the BF - but it's certainly more fun with him in it ) so I find your assertions to be just plain silly.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 PM

17,789 posts, read 16,860,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I always wondered why womens sizes are not similar to mens sizes. It would elminate so much confusion if women just went by the same measurements. Size 26 inch waist instead of size zero or 40 inch waist instead of size 18. Could be because women are so much more sensitive about their sizes that they have to "hide" it or camouflage the true size. There would be no more of this "Oh I can fit into a size 5-7 as well as a size 10" type talk. They wouldnt be able to get away with "Oh I can wear size 44 inch jeans as well as size 24 inch" which is roughly the same thing.
Ummm....no, it isn't the same thing. Women's clothing sizes are non-standard across manufacturers - most of my clothes are sized 6s and and 8s, but I DO have everything from a size 2 skirt (from J. Crew) to a size 12 jacket (from H&M) and they ALL FIT. I would LOVE if they would start using the actual measurements for our sizes as well - it would make shopping SO much easier!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would LOVE if they would start using the actual measurements for our sizes as well - it would make shopping SO much easier!!!
I would make life so much easier for us men as well. I tried checking the wife's clothes to see what size she wears so I can buy her something, and I kid you not, I saw clothes that she CURRENTLY wears in sizes of - 0, 00, P, S, M, 5, XS, XP. I just said "oh forget this" and just guesstimate with the sales staff. At least with bras, its very easy.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Yeah, me too.
So am I.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:08 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,786,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
In my opinion, those who try to call it skinny are those insecure 32+ fellas who know they will never be able to achieve 100% fitness owing to whatever reason and blunt all of it under the cover of strength or weakness
As a soldier who tries to take my professional duty seriously, I'm pretty fit. However, no, I don't have a six-pack, nor do I aspire to have one. If you do, cool. I'm not calling you a girl for shooting for 29. If that's what you're comfortable with, great. I try to keep it at 32. Anything less feels too skinny FOR ME.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,786,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha! I'm intrigued!
I am too, but I'm thinking she's a loony who thinks everyone she doesn't know personally is her ex. It's not all about you, sweetlips. This is probably some other dude whose online date had a rather *large* surprise for him. Your guy was probably "ok" with your curves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships