Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Someone who absolutely can't enjoy themselves without being on some sort of 'drug' (and that includes alcohol, weed etc.).

Someone who has little motivation in life

Someone who hates dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 12:29 PM

201 posts, read 648,583 times
Someone who has mommy / daddy issues.
Someone who plays games.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:14 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,657,526 times
In a restaurant the other day, I mentioned to the waitress that afterward we were heading to the movies to see "Life as we Know It". She said that she had wanted to see that with her fiance, but he said no and insisted that they go see "Jackass". My guess is that she'll never go to see it with him.

Sent up all sorts of red flags to me. Seems like he's already setting the baseline that he's going to be in charge and that it'll be his way or the highway. That's a movie that, if you were really juvenile enough to want to see it, that you go to with your buddies, not your fiance.

Another time I was at a bookstore and overheard a girl talking to her friends about how she had planned to do someting with her boyfriend that weekend, but he had decided to go fishing with his buddies for the entire weekend. Hadn't even asked her if she wanted to come along. Holy crap, talk about screwed-up priorities.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:19 PM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
Anyone who treats their pet like a human.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:54 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Those with "my way or the highway" mentality.

Those who don't get along with kids.

Those who generalize and stereotype.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:33 PM

10 posts, read 10,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
-If he expects me to pay on the first date

-If he never answers his phone around me/always keeps it on silent
The first one is a red flag to guys, if thats the mentality then when you run out of money she will leave. Thats seems a little selfish to mandate this standard since if marriage or committment are the goal, then TEAM work is required. It is chivarious to that, but it is earned not given.

The second one is confusing, wouldn't you want that??

Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdisin View Post
The second one is confusing, wouldn't you want that??
No. It comes off as SNEAKY/trying to hide something. Its cool to turn off your phone or not answer it while we're out on a date, like dining or the movies but just everyday, sittin' around, kickin' it, watching TV or out at the mall shopping, and the phone rings, and he looks at it, and doesn't answer comes off real suspect....especially if his phone KEEPS ringing, as if someone is blowing his phone UP, and he keeps looking at the caller ID and keeps avoiding it....don't even get me started on those late night, middle of the night phone calls.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I think that you need to have your eyes open if you are really looking for a red flag on a dude.
Usually , the red flags will stand out, to give reason.
Pay close attention to what he tells ya`...and hope its the truth.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:38 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
A red flag is a piece of red colored plastic banner like material attached to a long wooden or perhaps plastic pole. The pole should be between four and six feet long and the flag should be about 48 inches long by 24 inches high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships