Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:13 PM

19 posts, read 50,188 times

Advertisements

Im only 25, and yet still enjoy being single. Im fine and content with where I am right now, but all of my girlfriends that I have seem to be obsessing about marriage and getting married ASAP.

So my questions is, is your clock ticking for you to get married? And at what age should my clock be "ticking" away?I still figure i got 2-3 years of being single.

Yet my older friends says to get married NOW... what the heck?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,941,268 times
There is no clock for marriage. If you want to have babies, there's biology to consider at some point but if you are setting an arbitrary time line for marriage just to appease your friends, you're setting yourself up for failure.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:38 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Don't force it or you're setting yourself up for failure. Also take into consideration that at some point you will become expired goods. I see women in their 30's who still play the "I'm gonna be single and treat men like crap" game, and thats only gonna work for them for another year or two before they look like someone took a baseball bat to their face. Just something to keep in mind.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
is your clock ticking for you to get married?
Not anymore - I threw it out the window.

Oh, sure, I used to have a clock, and it ticked and ticked until I was 28. Then that freakin' alarm went off. 15 years later, I hit the snooze button.

Now, that time flew.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 PM

328 posts, read 572,971 times
25 is when the worry hits... then it subsides.. I'm 28 now and I remember the feeling of sheer panic that everyone else was partrnering up and getting married.. now everyone's prego and I'm still single. Oh well, I guess I can just drown my sorrows in a mai tai on the sandy beaches of the Caribbean while the others do the family thing. It will come when its ready to come. Can't force someone to love you, marry you, or want a family with you. That's just a recipe for disaster... or divorce... your choice!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:06 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,599 times
I'm 27 and definitely looking for something very serious again. I don't think the clock is ticking, but I'd like to find the one that I'm going to marry, and the way its looking so far, its going to be a long road as I'm having trouble finding a suitable girlfriend nevermind anything further.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,509,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tmarund View Post
Im only 25, and yet still enjoy being single. Im fine and content with where I am right now, but all of my girlfriends that I have seem to be obsessing about marriage and getting married ASAP.

So my questions is, is your clock ticking for you to get married? And at what age should my clock be "ticking" away?I still figure i got 2-3 years of being single.

Yet my older friends says to get married NOW... what the heck?!
I can see your point, but of all of the things in life, marriage has to be the number one event that you do not want to rush. Just keep searching bud, you will find Ms. Right and Ms. Right will find you when you least expect it. I never believed that until it happened to me, and it was during a time in my life where I really wasn't even looking for her. Also, once you find Ms. Right, leave yourself PLENTY of time to get to know her. Get to know her background, her family, her soul, everything that makes up who she is on the inside. Not only will this give you a much clearer understanding of who she is, but it will bring you together in ways that you won't even realize. And, just when you tell yourself "Okay, I'm ready to pop that question", give yourself another full calendar year until you actually do so. This way you can be absolutely certain that she is the perfect one for you. Take the batteries out of that clock, life is too grand to life on a schedule!!! Take care bud and best of wishes -mmccul

Old 11-02-2010, 04:31 PM

63 posts, read 115,347 times
Once your bio clock is ticking louder than the electro beats at the club you frequent - then you will know it's time to settle.

Priorities, madam. Future > Fun.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Mine's ticking to get divorced.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:54 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times
I'm 32. I've wanted to get married since I was 17 but no relationships have worked out that way. Occasionally I doubt whether I'll ever get married...then I meet some nice new girl and get all excited about the possibility again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships