Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times

Advertisements

I think, traditionally, the guy should. But if the girl feels confident enough, I wouldn't say she should hold out until her man makes a move either.

I wonder how gay men or women would approach this though...:X
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 11:44 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeerioS View Post
Yes I do realize we are living in the 21st century, but called me old fashioned but I think the guy should be the one doing more of the chasing.

Whenever I ask my guy friends who should do the chasing I get mixed answers. Some of them say that they prefer if the girl would do more of the persuading/pursing in a relationship. But then my other guy friends say that they find it to be a turn off if a girl is more of the aggressor in the relationship.

In my opinion I think a relationship where the guy ends up liking the girl more lasts longer versus a relationship where the girl is the one who is more head-over-heels over the guy.
Simple. Girl initiates, CLEARLY letting the guy know that she is available and interested (that is, no ambiguous mind games). Guy does the rest.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:56 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
That's true, it really doesn't matter how hot you are as a guy, you almost never get hit on. I think I've had like 3 times where I was clearly hit on, one was inappropriate, and yet funny in a way, I mean it was some fat chick who grabbed my butt, I turned around all surprised, and she had this weird creepy look and giggled. I just thought oh my god, now I know what it feels like to be a girl... THOSE POOR GIRLS! lol. I would never grab a girl's butt at random like that, how rude.

The other two girls were actually really cute, but they were also probably both drinking. I know for sure one was pretty buzzed, she was with two friends, walking towards my friend and I, and she kind of stumbled forward ahead of her two friends and looked at me and said, "You're really cute!" and her friends kind of embarrassingly pulled her back and were like, "(whatever her name was), come on let's go!" It was really funny, but flattering. The other time the girl was alone and it was so weird, comes up to me at a club, says, "You're really hot by the way," and then just walks off, and I try following her and she was just gone. Like she had the courage to come up and say that, which is totally awesome, but only RIGHT before leaving. I still can't figure out what was up with that.
This sounds all so familiar.

I have had unattractive girls blatantly hit on me in a similar manner and it was quite awkward.

I have also had decent looking girls approach me when they were extremely drunk (a turn off) or in a situation where they were walking away (I think this is them telling me I should have talked to her earlier, even through I probably didn't notice her).

I have also been hit on by gay guys - now that is really awkward!

But yeah, a well adjusted hot women is typically not going to approach men unless maybe you are famous or something.

Quote:
It's not very much fun, guys have to have a lot tougher skin than girls and be willing to accept a much higher failure rate. I haven't quite gotten to that point yet, I still take it a bit personally.
Ain't that the truth!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:57 AM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
I've never had a problem doing the chasing. Now too much chasing is bad for the ego, but there are ways to flirt or "bait" a man into chasing you. It isn't that difficult.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
What happened with that girl? Was she a narcissist?
There were certainly signs of narcissism. I moved on. Not sure if she ever figured out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infatuous1 View Post
I've never had a problem doing the chasing. Now too much chasing is bad for the ego, but there are ways to flirt or "bait" a man into chasing you. It isn't that difficult.
The problem is that a lot of women are too subtle so it goes right over the heads of men. You may think you're sending signals. But he might not be seeing them or he might be misinterpreting them.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
The problem is that a lot of women are too subtle so it goes right over the heads of men. You may think you're sending signals. But he might not be seeing them or he might be misinterpreting them.
I don't think that's the problem. I know I give off enough obvious hints because it's worked for me so far. When it hasn't worked I just assume he wasn't interested. Some guys just need to grow a pair and man up!

Old 11-05-2010, 11:58 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
I don't think that's the problem. I know I give off enough obvious hints because it's worked for me so far. When it hasn't worked I just assume he wasn't interested. Some guys just need to grow a pair and man up!
I've had the same experience. If a man couldn't read my "in your face" clues, than I assumed that he is either blind, gay or not interested.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:52 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I mean it was some fat chick who grabbed my butt, I turned around all surprised, and she had this weird creepy look and giggled. I just thought oh my god, now I know what it feels like to be a girl... THOSE POOR GIRLS! lol. I would never grab a girl's butt at random like that, how rude.

You do that and you get tackled to the ground by police and sent to jail right there on the spot.

Quote:
It's not very much fun, guys have to have a lot tougher skin than girls and be willing to accept a much higher failure rate. I haven't quite gotten to that point yet, I still take it a bit personally.

Not only that but once a girl decides to have some mercy and accept your invitation to take her out for dinner, wine, entertainment, etc. it doesn’t mean anything yet.

Quote:

Saying that a guy needs to grow a pair and man up so he could approach you, ask you out, and take you out for dinner/wine and what not its like a guy saying “Women need to act like women and come over to my place and stay in the kitchen for a few hours while I watch the game”. A guy may not approach you because he just simply doesn’t like you, as simple as that. A girl may reject a guy for the same reason.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Saying that a guy needs to grow a pair and man up so he could approach you, ask you out, and take you out for dinner/wine and what not its like a guy saying “Women need to act like women and come over to my place and stay in the kitchen for a few hours while I watch the game”. A guy may not approach you because he just simply doesn’t like you, as simple as that. A girl may reject a guy for the same reason.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Oh well, his loss, not mine.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:55 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,862 times
Who honestly cares one way or the other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships