Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM

4 posts, read 5,057 times

Advertisements

It's fine if you are having lunch alone or in a store in close proximity to each other and both of you have had some eye contact showing interest. If it's just some random guy walking up to me on the street, weird. I am in NYC and have had it happen to me several times. Not to mention the cat calls.

I find that lately, I usually have to initiate conversation with any man I meet, and then they are interested. So, I guess there is truth in the fact that men are afraid to approach women, or afraid to be rejected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 03:28 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
[quote=Ruth4Truth;34475012]What about all the women who are hoping someone will be friendly?

Well women expect men to play mind-reader. So I won't know this.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:00 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,741,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
To do guys, I would say you have to be strategic in your cold approach and it will probably turn out successful.

In a group setting of random women, don't go for the hottest one. Go for the least hottest one that you are attracted to. If you approach her, the other girls will be jealous and the one you are talking to will be so happy that she is coveted amongst 9s and 10s.

Don't for girls aged 19-30. They already have inflated egos because she knows she is the hot sh t. You will have way more success cold approaching women over 40 because they almost never get attention and will cling onto any attention they get.

Of course you have to look decent. If you are 1/10, it isn't going to work.
Is this in reality, or is this on prime-time TV???

Old 05-05-2014, 04:03 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,164,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is SUCH total cr@p! Women don't get jealous just because one guy approaches one of their friends. YOU WISH they all got jealous, because it means all of them would be thinking you're hot. Dream on! And women 40+ get plenty of attention, depending on the woman.

It sounds like somebody's been reading too many blogs again.
Was this poster male? Because I tend to find it's the men who tell us women how we commonly feel. It's kind of how all women dress to get male attention

I think it's ludicrous to go for the "least hottest" one. What kind of crock is that?

Old 05-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
To do guys, I would say you have to be strategic in your cold approach and it will probably turn out successful.

In a group setting of random women, don't go for the hottest one. Go for the least hottest one that you are attracted to. If you approach her, the other girls will be jealous and the one you are talking to will be so happy that she is coveted amongst 9s and 10s.

Don't for girls aged 19-30. They already have inflated egos because she knows she is the hot sh t. You will have way more success cold approaching women over 40 because they almost never get attention and will cling onto any attention they get.

Of course you have to look decent. If you are 1/10, it isn't going to work.
This makes me want to approach older women. They don't play games.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 PM

663 posts, read 777,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Was this poster male? Because I tend to find it's the men who tell us women how we commonly feel. It's kind of how all women dress to get male attention

I think it's ludicrous to go for the "least hottest" one. What kind of crock is that?
Think about it...you are a new hunter learning how to catch a rabbit.

Who do you ask for advice? The lion or the rabbit?

Any guy asking advice from women on how to get women is a fool.

A guy should ask advice from a "seasoned veteran" or a guy who gets lots of girls. Now, I don't get a ton of girls but my views come from experiences, interacting with guys who can easily get a date, etc, this is the advice.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
So basically men shouldn't "bother" women anywhere.
I can imagine it is pretty annoying to get approached constantly. Where is a good place to "bother" women then?

I find that it can differ with the location. In some places the women just seem more approachable on average. Strangely enough, the women of NYC seemed much more open to being approached than the ones here in Atlanta. They also seemed more likely to do the approaching or at least to make more of an effort to signal their interest so that a guy might approach them. Atlanta women act totally different to me and aren't nearly as direct. I used to mistake that for being stuck up which isn't always the case.
Most women are not receptive to being approached. Besides I don't even bother women when I'm in public.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:27 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,307 times
Most of my "relationships" have been through 1st and 2nd degrees of separation in my social circles.

I'd say maybe 10% of the women I've gone out with are randoms. And it wasn't really cold approaching, we'd have been talking for a few hours by the time we exchanged info.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:16 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is SUCH total cr@p! Women don't get jealous just because one guy approaches one of their friends. YOU WISH they all got jealous, because it means all of them would be thinking you're hot. Dream on! And women 40+ get plenty of attention, depending on the woman.

It sounds like somebody's been reading too many blogs again.
Lol, it works. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:32 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Lol, it works. Sorry to burst your bubble.
That's fine if you like hanging around a petty, jealous crowd. Different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships