Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:22 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Hmmmm.....I don't get approached in public often. Even when I was single or days I don't have on my wedding ring, I don't have men randomly approaching me.

As long as they are respectful, I don't see a problem with men approaching women.

What the hell are we doing wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 01:25 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
You ladies aren't getting approached because you are beautiful! Men are intimidated by that!

I used to work in a very public place and had contact with a large number of men throughout the day. I have the "sisterly, girl-next-door, lady that bakes cookies, mom look. LOL

I'm not a threat to any man and I usually got their life story about some woman they are in turmoil over or some medical issue they had.

I must give off the therapist vibe. People used to tell me things I shouldn't and don't want to know

Now, getting approached for a date or because they are interested in ME...nope. Never happens.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
You ladies aren't getting approached because you are beautiful! Men are intimidated by that!

I used to work in a very public place and had contact with a large number of men throughout the day. I have the "sisterly, girl-next-door, lady that bakes cookies, mom look. LOL

I'm not a threat to any man and I usually got their life story about some woman they are in turmoil over or some medical issue they had.

I must give off the therapist vibe. People used to tell me things I shouldn't and don't want to know

Now, getting approached for a date or because they are interested in ME...nope. Never happens.
Thank you sweetie! By the way, do you have next Thursday open.....I need a session.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I don't know..

Thank you sweetie! By the way, do you have next Thursday open.....I need a session.
No problem, I'll pencil you in and have the cookies ready and waiting!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
If I get approached in a respectful way, then I don't mind. However, if the guy is crude, then that makes me upset. Also, if a guy approaches me while I'm with my son, I consider that to be an imposition (interfering with our time together) and I don't care for that.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
There is the key!!! "not really"

This means if he is next to her at the gas pump in his white dress shirt openly exposing his 6 pack and says hi she would probably be ok with conversing with this guy.

Then when she is ready to engage in a conversation he buttons up his shirt and thinks, "Why the h*ll would she be interested in getting to know a complete stranger? Must be something superficial. (like my abs)"
Uh, gross. Shirtless men buying gas is...gross. Shirtless men in public is just tacky. I don't care how 'good' your body is.

Let me clarify my response...I WOULD NOT like. Better?

People who act like you're describing are superficial and likely college chicks. Or people who think they live in a beer commercial.

Plain and simple, people who want to 'get to know you' just from seeing you in public are suspect in my book.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Plain and simple, people who want to 'get to know you' just from seeing you in public are suspect in my book.
You mentioned yourself just today you appreciate your beautiful wife. Why would other people be any different...?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:11 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Random guy approached me in public, on the busy street of Manhattan, I ended up marrying him.
What?? No courtship? Just married him right then in there?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL. Nothing. Its perception on both sides thats messing it up.

When I was single, I looked for a ring first. Second thing I looked for was does she seem approachable or does she look like she wants nothing to do with nobody. I have in the past gotten nasty looks from just smiling and saying hi. And others have returned the favor.

In my opinion, I think both men and women seem to have their guard up a bit more today than years ago.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:23 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
This thread has totally derailed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships