U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,626,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I always thought that women are more social than men.

Then why is it every time I go out there's always way more dudes than women? Now I havent partied all across the US(i live in DC). Has anyone else experienced this? Also ladies...is there a reason you avoid social gatherings like bars/clubs?

Another thing I've noticed: the closer it gets to close the worse it gets ratio wise. Are women scared of these places?

Its kind of annoying.

Lastly..is there another city where its not like this? I asked a friend of mine and he said its pretty much like that everywhere.
There's not a woman out there who wants to be the "last call".....well, maybe there is but I'm sure you don't want to have anything to do with her....but then again you might be horny and she may be drunk and down for it....

What was the question again?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 03:07 PM

15,410 posts, read 14,718,153 times
If guys 3 or 4 drink enough, it won`t matter if they are 1`s or 2`s, or 9`s and a ten. They will take what they can get!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:09 PM

6,785 posts, read 8,817,552 times
Default why this woman hates nightclubs

I'm a woman and love drinking, but I can just as easily (and preferably) drink in my home, my friends' homes, or in a restaurant. Even a quiet neighborhood bar with a local band playing would be much better than a big nightclub.

Why would I want to go to a big club where you can't hear anyone talk, pay a cover charge, have your purse examined like a criminal, wait in line to get every drink, pay a huge price per drink, get all sweaty from dancing, and deal with guys slobbering all over us all night? The worst is when guys try to buy us drinks, then it's like we're expected to be giving them attention for the rest of the night. But if you politely turn down the offer for a drink, they either think we're ******* or ask "why not, it's just a drink?" But it's never just a drink, it's now me having to pretend I'm interested in your conversation all night, most of which I can't hear anyway.

Then every time you have to go to the bathroom, you wait in a line with 25 other women to use a stinking clogged toilet that is out of toilet paper.

Sheesh, remembering that makes me glad to no longer be single.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:11 PM

15,410 posts, read 14,718,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I'm a woman and love drinking, but I can just as easily (and preferably) drink in my home, my friends' homes, or in a restaurant. Even a quiet neighborhood bar with a local band playing would be much better than a big nightclub.

Why would I want to go to a big club where you can't hear anyone talk, pay a cover charge, have your purse examined like a criminal, wait in line to get every drink, pay a huge price per drink, get all sweaty from dancing, and deal with guys slobbering all over us all night? The worst is when guys try to buy us drinks, then it's like we're expected to be giving them attention for the rest of the night. But if you politely turn down the offer for a drink, they either think we're ******* or ask "why not, it's just a drink?" But it's never just a drink, it's now me having to pretend I'm interested in your conversation all night, most of which I can't hear anyway.

Then every time you have to go to the bathroom, you wait in a line with 25 other women to use a stinking clogged toilet that is out of toilet paper.

Out of toilet paper...hilarious!!
Yeah..I don`t miss the bars, at all!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

9,718 posts, read 12,487,459 times
As a man, I've never liked bars or clubs at all and never go out to them. I have never liked the noise and atmosphere and for one thing never considered them good places to meet someone.

It was funny last week while traveling on the job, co workers wanted to go to an irish pub for dinner. Upon entering, someone remarked the place being a sausage fest and I had to laugh as there was nary a woman in sight.

The best luck I have ever had is with book stores. There is always some 25-35 year old elementary school teacher in there browsing books that hasn't been touched between the legs property for a year or two. Book stores are the way to go, at least for me and I've been picked up in them myself.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 PM

27,237 posts, read 27,184,694 times
Last time I was in a bar, I brought a book of puzzles.

I remember getting rather annoyed at the drunk fools who were obviously inebriated starting fights with each other. Just listening to a drunk speak is very annoying to me for some reason. My main reason for going is to do karaoke. It'd be nice if they had it in places where alcohol was NOT served, but it may be the alcohol that gives some the impression that they can sing.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,626,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

HA! Great post! Oh, the memories!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:51 PM

10,136 posts, read 13,299,784 times
When ever I go to a bar or club I go there to focus on the music or at least laste a few brews to a couple games of pool. You ladies are only in the back of mind and while I might think with my saugage in the dark corners of my mind, I rarely hit on a chick unless she gives me signals.

Which that is the point, you women are still in control over who actually scores or not with you, even though you might be bothered.

But for the guy to girl ratio in a club thing, for the traveling type guy, I heard there is a club in Costa Rica with a ton of hot chicks compared to guys. Of course they won't be hitting on you because of your good looks, clever conversation and mysterious look.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:56 PM

30 posts, read 3,848 times
It depends on if your talking about a night club. Night club type bars seem to attract young guys (21-29) who wear a bit too much cologne, the music is to loud for conversation, and we sort of feel like a piece of meat walking into some of those bars. Sized up and then pounced on. And too often by a "5" guy who insists on hitting on "10"s.

And I agree with the above poster that bars should really take better care of the women's bathrooms. Its usually disgusting in there and always out of paper!

Old 11-08-2010, 03:58 PM

6,785 posts, read 8,817,552 times
How wonderful and carefree life must be to those who can pee standing up in public bathrooms!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships