Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:09 PM

339 posts, read 836,755 times

Advertisements

I always thought that women are more social than men.

Then why is it every time I go out there's always way more dudes than women? Now I havent partied all across the US(i live in DC). Has anyone else experienced this? Also ladies...is there a reason you avoid social gatherings like bars/clubs?

Another thing I've noticed: the closer it gets to close the worse it gets ratio wise. Are women scared of these places?

Its kind of annoying.

Lastly..is there another city where its not like this? I asked a friend of mine and he said its pretty much like that everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,889,092 times
I think a lot of us avoid clubs precisely because there are huge numbers of guys there who just hit on us constantly.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I think a lot of us avoid clubs precisely because there are huge numbers of guys there who just hit on us constantly.
I agree. I stopped frequenting bars and clubs because of all the men who would hit on me and my friends non-stop. All we want to do is have a good time without having guys come up to us and bother us. And they weren't even respectful guys, for the most part.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:39 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post

Another thing I've noticed: the closer it gets to close the worse it gets ratio wise. Are women scared of these places?

Its kind of annoying.
This is because the good ones are already taken before last call.
Start your stuff earlier...

Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree. I stopped frequenting bars and clubs because of all the men who would hit on me and my friends non-stop. All we want to do is have a good time without having guys come up to us and bother us. And they weren't even respectful guys, for the most part.
^ This, exactly. I've had first dates at a bar (after having already met the person, I mean) because it's a neutral place in that case where you can just have a drink and leave fast if you hate one another, but go to a bar unattended? No way. Definitely not if I were looking for a "real" date, but no, either way.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:48 PM

It's hard to find bars nowadays where there is an equal number of guys and girls. I feel outnumbered by the vast array of jerks who frequent bars, and as a result I've kinda lost interest in these types of places.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,100 times
If the day comes when women who are 9's or 10's no longer gets hit on by guys who are 3's and 4's then you will see fine women in clubs.

Until then, bring some saurkraut, dance the oooompa looompa, and enjoy the sausage fest.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honestone1 View Post
if the day comes when women who are 9's or 10's no longer gets hit on by guys who are 3's and 4's then you will see fine women in clubs.

Until then, bring some saurkraut, dance the oooompa looompa, and enjoy the sausage fest.

lol!!!!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:53 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I always thought that women are more social than men.

Then why is it every time I go out there's always way more dudes than women? Now I havent partied all across the US(i live in DC). Has anyone else experienced this? Also ladies...is there a reason you avoid social gatherings like bars/clubs?

Its kind of annoying.

Lastly..is there another city where its not like this? I asked a friend of mine and he said its pretty much like that everywhere.
Perhaps women aren't as interested in drinking, and those who drink?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
If the day comes when women who are 9's or 10's no longer gets hit on by guys who are 3's and 4's then you will see fine women in clubs.

Hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships