U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 PM

114 posts, read 365,531 times

Advertisements

Iíve dated many girls and I've truly liked only one of them. These past couple of weeks I was on vacation in Seaside, Florida. I saw a very beautiful young lady and asked her to if I could borrow some sun screen (partially my pick-up line although I really did need some). We started talking and before I knew it we were spending the whole day and nights together. Walking on the beach, dancing at Bud and Ally's, just spending quality time together. We would get up early in the morning ride our bikes to the beach and just sit for a couple hours in each others arms, not really speaking. I sometimes would pick flowers for her and set them on her door step to wake up to the next morning; so on the last night together I drove out to her normal house, though this night she wasn't staying there because her aunt went back to Georgia. I called her and she said she was staying the night at the ladies house she had been babysitting for and she had no idea how to get there. I kid you not, I said to my self, "God, if I can find this damn house we're meant to be together." Without any directions I drove directly to it, this random neighborhood I went into was like a damn maze. I swear on my life I drove directly to where her car was parked outside the house. The next morning I left to go back to Austin and she left to go back to Atlanta. It was really hard, I just thought about her the whole 12 hour drive back. One of the things keeping from jumping out the car to get eaten by a gator (kind of joking) was I was going up to visit UGA in two weeks and she was going to spend the two days with me. She also told me her dad wants to fly me up a week after that and sometimes throughout the year. This is very nice but its too long and painful to wait and too damaging to me to think about her this whole time. Later that night I got a phone call from her, she told me her dad just opened a office in Austin and they would be down there a lot (refer back to me finding her house). This has all unfolded pretty strangely. All this is good but the problem is I think about her all the time, and even though she'll be down here and I'll be up there itís too much time apart. I find the best thing would be to try and forget about her but thatís the last thing I want to do. I'm probably not making much sense I just really wanted to share this story so I can feel better.

Thanks,
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 04:19 PM

15,008 posts, read 25,335,932 times
I feel your pain. It sucks. But a man has to deal with it. Will be so nice to see her again...and hopefully ensure you make each minute count when your together.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:39 PM

989 posts, read 2,095,043 times
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 PM

We're both eighteen.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:20 PM

989 posts, read 2,095,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrytown View Post
We're both eighteen.
Well, I dunno, I'm 46 and I remember "loving" a girl named Gretchen when I was 18... I didn't know who I was then and she didn't know who she was either... two babes in the woods... her father put an end to it... probably sensing my other intents... then I hit the partying days of my twenties, had girlfriends all over, cooled off when I hit my thirties... had gone the full circle of my parents teachings by 32, then, only wanted one... I'm not an old man at heart but to you I might sound like one because of my age... I still rock and will till my last breath... what I'm saying here is that I can see where you are in me and that you really need to just take it easy... life is a series of adventures and you haven't really climbed the first hill of that roller coaster... enjoy your youth, ... while you can. The big world is not all its cracked up to be... or, is it? I also want you to know that I'm not talking down to you either... only offering some insight... how I thought I loved that girl...

Old 07-08-2007, 07:57 PM

4,225 posts, read 10,279,006 times
Tarry - I totally know what you mean. When I was 19/20 (I'm 29 now), I was in a similar situation. It's hard to have feelings for someone long distance. We ended up having a few good times together but in retrospect, it was nothing more than an infatuation. I know the closeness is nice and the attraction and all that "new" tingly feelings you get about this girl. It's tough and nobody can tell you what to do. You're just starting out and you're going to meet a ton of people in college. You should have fun. Then again, maybe it's all true love.

Sorry I'm being ambiguous. I'll tell you this though, I did a two year long distance relationship with my now (and hopefully only) husband. We got it to work somehow. We also dated for 3 years though before doing long distance. So it is possible. If you and the girl are willing to make it work. You just have to separate a "good feeling" (all the great times you had with this girl) and "true love".

Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 AM

Thank ya'll very much.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 AM

Just got back from seeing her.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:42 AM

407 posts, read 1,223,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrytown View Post
Just got back from seeing her.
Well now you have to tell...

Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 PM

3,797 posts, read 4,334,475 times
Ah young and in love...summer love. That's romantic, enjoy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships