Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:08 PM

11 posts, read 17,486 times

Advertisements

Hello,

to the guys out there, I have been watching some movies in which a man plays the role of confidant to a very wealthy woman as her butler. In many of these movies, the man works as an assistant/butler to the wealthy woman, spending much time with her and living in her mansion. Some of these movies are Mrs.Jones, Bernard and Dorris, and to some degree the Tomb Raider series. My questions are the following:

1. In real life, would you be willing to work as a butler to a very wealthy woman and live in her mansion?

2. Which would you prefer: Being wealthy yourself or working for a wealthy woman as a right hand man?

3. In such a situation, would you be jealous of her wealth?

4. In general, how would you feel about working under a wealthy and powerful woman in a real close working relationship, whether as a butler in a mansion, executive under a woman CEO, aide to a woman senator, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 08:14 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
1. In real life, would you be willing to work as a butler to a very wealthy woman and live in her mansion? Butler, not so much. Now pool boy...

2. Which would you prefer: Being wealthy yourself or working for a wealthy woman as a right hand man? Being wealthy myself of course.

Nope.

4. In general, how would you feel about working under a wealthy and powerful woman in a real close working relationship, whether as a butler in a mansion, executive under a woman CEO, aide to a woman senator, etc?

No problem working under a hot wealthy woman, literally and figuratively.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:29 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,304,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrader101 View Post
Hello,

to the guys out there, I have been watching some movies in which a man plays the role of confidant to a very wealthy woman as her butler. In many of these movies, the man works as an assistant/butler to the wealthy woman, spending much time with her and living in her mansion. Some of these movies are Mrs.Jones, Bernard and Dorris, and to some degree the Tomb Raider series. My questions are the following:

1. In real life, would you be willing to work as a butler to a very wealthy woman and live in her mansion?

2. Which would you prefer: Being wealthy yourself or working for a wealthy woman as a right hand man?

(1) I already have the butler beat. (2) Already do that to some degree. I'm just a poor ba$tard though! (3) Nope, she earned it or tricked some sap out of it! lol (4) Again, cleaning the place up and bringing her her breakfast is a cake walk. P.S. The butler type dude calls me to do the stuff he isn't qualified for!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
How lonely would this rich lady be?

Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Quote:
Hello,

"Dear Mr. Phader, you sure ask alot of questions for someone from New Jersey!"

RoseAnn Roseanndanna

Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 PM

It would not be such a bad role to work for someone truly beautiful,very wealthy,live in the mansion, and get to execute interesting assignments. Think there are any advantages to this type of role, as opposed to being wealthy yourself?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:10 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,304,525 times
Quote:
It would not be such a bad role to work for someone truly beautiful,very wealthy,live in the mansion, and get to execute interesting assignments. Think there are any advantages to this type of role, as opposed to being wealthy yourself?
You'd probably get to drive cool cars you couldn't afford yourself. I'm sure she would spring for some expensive eats and ask for you to join her from time to time. Porterhouses and fillets three or four times a week! Cool!! lol

Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Something that you may not realize is that many wealthy individuals that have buttlers take very good care of the buttlers. Years ago I read in Utah Magazine an article entitled "The Billionaires Buttler". He had become a millionaire from investing his earnings. Lets face it, many of them would be living at the estate with no bills to pay. You vacation with the family you work for. You drive their cars use their things and all of it is free to you. And still you get a paycheck each month and it isn't small change for the most part. A good buttler can bring in 6 figures and invest the money for the good life when retirement starts. On top of that many of these wealthy women or men seem to take care of the one person that has taken care of their life, knows their secrets, and has become a part of the family.

Their is the story of a young mechanic that used to work on very upscale cars. One of his co workers said that it would be very cool to get a job working for some rich guy that owns lots of expensive cars. This young mechanic told his co worker that it would be even cooler to be the rich guy that owned the cars. That young mans name: Jay Leno

Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Something that you may not realize is that many wealthy individuals that have buttlers take very good care of the buttlers. Years ago I read in Utah Magazine an article entitled "The Billionaires Buttler". He had become a millionaire from investing his earnings. Lets face it, many of them would be living at the estate with no bills to pay. You vacation with the family you work for. You drive their cars use their things and all of it is free to you. And still you get a paycheck each month and it isn't small change for the most part. A good buttler can bring in 6 figures and invest the money for the good life when retirement starts. On top of that many of these wealthy women or men seem to take care of the one person that has taken care of their life, knows their secrets, and has become a part of the family.

Their is the story of a young mechanic that used to work on very upscale cars. One of his co workers said that it would be very cool to get a job working for some rich guy that owns lots of expensive cars. This young mechanic told his co worker that it would be even cooler to be the rich guy that owned the cars. That young mans name: Jay Leno
[+] Rate this post positively

Yes, sometimes being the right hand man can be as good as being the wealthy one. Easier to get there and less stress at times.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
Default yeah coolhand

i was just thinking about that...!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships