Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:18 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,609 times

Advertisements

You did well sir and good on the response. I hope it all works out well for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 09:26 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
What are your thoughts on what I did? I know it's not a dumb move or anything but I just wanted to know your opinions on whether or night its a smooth move, cute etc.
I think it's absolutely fine. Just make sure you do this more often so you get used to it.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM

635 posts, read 1,704,642 times
Good move!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:28 AM

66 posts, read 134,787 times
I say good for you ! If this one didn't work, don't get discouraged. Just chalk it up as a practice. Now let's hope she can read your handwriting or didn't lose it or isn't too shy to call

Old 11-10-2010, 03:55 PM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,473 times
That was a very good move. I think it's the best way when someone is at work and cannot be bothered with small talk. It sounds like it worked too. Good luck!

Old 11-10-2010, 03:57 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,677 times
Quote:
There's this cute, beautiful lady who works at my local supermarket and whenever I see her I always try and talk to her and I think we're mutually attracted to each other. Every time we see each other we play eye tag and always seem to try and come up with small talk. I tried getting her number several times but of course she's usually busy and I don't want to disrupt her or get her number in front of all her co-workers (she works at register). So what I basically did was right down my number on a piece of paper and gave it to her after I purchased my items. She giggled when I did it so it seemed like a good sign, I just have to basically wait and see what happens from here. Wait for a call or text.

What are your thoughts on what I did? I know it's not a dumb move or anything but I just wanted to know your opinions on whether or night its a smooth move, cute etc.
I think what the hell why not, you can't be anymore not with her than not being with her right?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
OK, I get the feeling that everyone agrees with what you did, and if she doesn't call, it may be b/c she has traditional ideas about who should call whom, so don't give up yet. If I were her, I'd have my number ready to hand out, just in case you were to come and get in her line again, so don't hesitate.

I'd like to turn it around now, and ask what you men would think if a woman gave you her phone number out of the blue? I mean, w/o you asking for it first and that's assuming you had the eye contact thing going and signs of obvious interest on both sides. If you're in the age bracket of 40 and over, your input would be even more valuable.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
By the way, to the people who are wondering she did indeed text me a simple "hello" so hopefully everything else goes good from here on out. One step at a time. Thanks for your input everyone.
Cool! Now you have her number, so man up and take initiative!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:37 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

By the way, to the people who are wondering she did indeed text me a simple "hello" so hopefully everything else goes good from here on out. One step at a time. Thanks for your input everyone.
You got lucky. Giving a woman your number is usually akin to sending a letter to a deserted island.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:52 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,638,530 times
THanks everyone. I seen her again today and before I left I jokingly said "we'll talk tonight" after I said by. She laughed and seemed to enjoy it. So far we just had small talk over through text but I'm not going to try and rush anything. Just take it slowly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships