Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,380,894 times

Advertisements

OK, in fairness, I think revenge can make some sense, in some situations. Part of the reason why the world always has had conflict is due to revenge and reprisal. Whilst revenge can escalate, and not always is advisable, I think the modern pooh-poohing of it stems from New Age-esque pop culture for the most part. Vengeance to me is about justice and righting wrongs, which I think most people can relate to, or think is a valid/noble goal.

Even still, what the OP suggests is infantile. I think if one is physically assaulted, either walk away or physically defend oneself. It should never be taken, since this denotes an acceptance of the abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 07:46 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Hmmmm, probably try to get him where it really hurts him....his wallet!

Really!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I'm sure that would be hilarious for about 30 seconds or so, but something tells me a guy like Chris Brown isn't going to just "let it end" at having his nuts attacked. Have fun getting your ass kicked to a new degree after he gets up off the ground.
Off course not, this is why you keep attacking more.... similar to movies where the victims stupidly stops the fight when they see the opponent is down (they should go for some more). Thought I must say at this point it wouldn't actually be self-defense but pure anger to the point you stop when it has gone a bit far.

Secondly, once he gets up off the ground I would be long gone... adios LOL....

Last edited by Sunflower_lol; 11-12-2010 at 08:43 PM..

Old 11-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
You first statement is silly.
My first statement is referring to a description of a coward.
Overdoing it and beating someone you can easily knock out (no challenge at all) is the same as stealing a candy from a little kid.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
My first statement is referring to a description of a coward.
Overdoing it and beating someone you can easily knock out (no challenge at all) is the same as stealing a candy from a little kid.

Think about revenge much sunflower_lol?

Old 11-13-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Think about revenge much sunflower_lol?
You know as much as I would like to practice the so called ''just be the bigger person, don't retaliate'' and walk away motto, that's not my style esp. when angered.

The only time I would walk away is when seeing others fighting or if a friend/SO fights someone else and expects me to join in and beat that person. Hell nope, that's none of business.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
You know as much as I would like to practice the so called ''just be the bigger person, don't retaliate'' and walk away motto, that's not my style esp. when angered.
Every thread has the same theme....the best revenge is to move on be happy.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:05 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Just heard a woman tell me a story of the two guys she dated.

One was such an easy going guy she said he didn't care either way. However, she said it angered her cause he didn't have a backbone and couldn't make decisions.

The other was a guy who took control. She said, "There was no question he was the head of the house." However, she said he was abusive.

In her case there was no happy medium.

My thoughts are if you are brave enough to approach someone twice your physical make up and slap, disrespect, anger or confront...you better be willing to accept whatever happens to you.

This Rianna stated that she wouldn't let it go. Which basically means that she knew she was pushing him to a level of anger that even she didn't realize. As she said she couldn't let it go. She had to push him and push him about this text message. Being in a vehicle is very difficult to walk away. Nothing like cornering a guy with this nonsense.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
My thoughts are if you are brave enough to approach someone twice your physical make up and slap, disrespect, anger or confront...you better be willing to accept whatever happens to you.
So are you saying that if it was indeed Rhianna who either instigated a verbal argument or possibly slapped him, a beatdown was/is deserved?
There was on the news about a little kid of about 8-9 years old that wrecked a man's car as a joke and he beat him as if he was an adult man, giving the poor boy black eyes and serious injuries... so this is deserved too? The kid is in stable condition now but what is irritating is the people aren't punishing the man hard enough and taking this as if it was not a big deal.
My goodness... good thing I always know what type of man I'm dating/talking to. If it's a retaliator, caveman or beater (I'm not my mom who made the mistake of being with a retaliator nor who believes into slapping a woman for only cursing and yelling, most I talked to were gentleman in that area) I'll know that ahead of time as I'm talking with him upon our first dates. BTW I do ask questions regarding this topic and if he doesn't answer right away, hesitates, feels embarrassed, admits to doing it once or comes with the BS of ''If you enter a man's place'' overheard phrase that's a good enough sign for me to not go, not collect $200 to the exit door and never talk to him again.
Quote:
This Rianna stated that she wouldn't let it go. Which basically means that she knew she was pushing him to a level of anger that even she didn't realize. As she said she couldn't let it go. She had to push him and push him about this text message. Being in a vehicle is very difficult to walk away. Nothing like cornering a guy with this nonsense.
He still had the option to get out of the car and be like ''Go to hell, I'm leaving you, it's over''. What he did is revert back to the way a caveman reacts. Even my male co-workers think he's a scumbag.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:08 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Quote:
You know as much as I would like to practice the so called ''just be the bigger person, don't retaliate'' and walk away motto, that's not my style esp. when angered..
Maybe anger management would be a better benefit. Just because you are angery it is still inappropriate to hit someone or cause physical harm to a person. It's your anger issues not the other person's. I can get made as hell with someone and I never even thought of physical abuse as a retalitory mechaniism. It's simply unacceptable.

Quote:
That is still no arguement or excuse to hall off and hit someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships