Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
This coming from someone that turned down a 19 year old over the summer (and no, I'm not talking about myself). That's right, I remember you posting that. Just like you remember a lot of my posts.
Maybe it was past his bedtime and Neemy didn't want to make his mommy mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 AM

380 posts, read 795,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Is 35 too old to be dating 18-23 year olds?
Now, back to the original question...

If you're hot enough at 35 to be "dating" 18-23 y/o's I say GO FOR IT!!

Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 AM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
and children like you are the reason many parents drink .
lol.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,356 times
Yes, DEFINITELY too old. I'm only 24 and wouldn't even look twice at someone my own age, much less an 18 year old.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Of course there are senior guys that would use her for sex. All I'm saying is not all senior guys would. Just because a senior is interested in your daughter, don't assume bad things about him.
Yes, 17-year-old boys want to take 14-year-old girls to the malt shop and drink chocolate milkshakes and talk about their feelings. Get real. I was in high school once. I did those things in high school. Some of them with the guy who is now my husband. We are not stupid.

Look, I understand that there are sensitive and respectful guys out there. Despite what I said above, my husband was always respectful to me, even when I wasn't respectful of myself. But I also know my daughter. She looks like she's older, but she is a giggling flaky 14-year-old girl in all ways. A sensitive and respectful guy will probably pass her over to date the bookworm in biology.

Besides, the person who is most adamant that older guys are horndogs is her dad. He won't listen to you.

Quote:
And behind your back means you're not in on it aka you don't know. There's not much you can do about stuff you don't know about. Something happened in the locker room at my high school. That's an example of behind your back. You're not with your daughter at all times, so you don't always know exactly what's going on.
Ooh, more dire warnings. It seems like my only options are to allow my daughter to date seniors or to repress her into blowing the football team. If only there were some middle ground!

Quote:
Parents like you are one of the reasons I never want to be a parent.
Go with that, then.

Quote:
And as for the senior guy finding someone his own age...sometimes it's not always that simple. When I was a senior, a lot of the girls my age (and even the junior girls) were into drinking/partying/getting high and I'm not into that.
If a skinny, geeky girl in a Mickey Mouse T-shirt and tall, dorky guy in camo pants can meet when they are freshmen and marry eight years later, yeah ... you can do it too.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:41 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Yes, DEFINITELY too old. I'm only 24 and wouldn't even look twice at someone my own age, much less an 18 year old.
That's the point I've been trying to get across. Some females aren't even into the males their own age, and that's one of the reasons it's customary for the male to be older.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:44 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, 17-year-old boys want to take 14-year-old girls to the malt shop and drink chocolate milkshakes and talk about their feelings. Get real. I was in high school once. I did those things in high school. Some of them with the guy who is now my husband. We are not stupid.

Umm 2 questions....what year was this and whats a malt shop?

Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
EXACTLY what I was thinking. I mean WTH??????
Try to see things from my perspective. I was a senior 2 years ago, and I was attracted to freshman girls. I had no desire to use them for sex, but I was interested in dating them. I never dated them. One of the reasons is because I knew the parents would assume bad things about me (false bad things). How would you like it if people assumed bad things about you when they're not true?

Old 11-11-2010, 10:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Umm 2 questions....what year was this and whats a malt shop?
Met him in 1987. He could rollerskate my pants off.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Met him in 1987. He could rollerskate my pants off.

You still didn't get to the maltshop .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships