Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 10:47 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan 181 View Post
if you took a soldier fresh from afghanistan (awarded a CMH) and put him in a room with famous serial killers, he would probably appear less masculine or dominant. do you think this is why serial killers get more love letters and marriage proposals than a soldier with a CMH? those women have enough girlfriends, right?

Women are bad because some like serial killers...? Interesting logic since the actual serial killers are men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
These are called Shallow Men , and they are usually caught up in themselves., too much pride, and apathetic. They make good John Wayne types if you want to play Cowboys and Indians or Rambo out in the woods. But for a relationship with the opposite sex, they are short sited and shallow.
Hi 007.5,

I cook all the time and put down the toilet seat, but I do it without incessantly whining. I think I am about to have a blasting, wide angle vomit if one more false dichotomy is forced down my throat.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:25 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, this does not makes sense. I see two problems with your approach.

1. Girls just feel the need to tell you all their problems. This is friend zone stuff. A girl who goes on and on about herself and her "boring life stuff" is a self-centered twit. She should be interested in you and vice versa. Don't just sit there, listening, to her tell you all her problems, waiting for her to trust you enough so you can ask her out. By then, you're not boyfriend material. You're a footstool with ears.

2. Pretending you care. This is lame and shallow. Once a girl figures out that you were just nodding and making appropriately sympathetic noises, thinking about the perfect moment to get into her pants, she's gone. Nobody likes to feel used.

My advice is to start hanging out with girls who don't bore you.
+1, but I couldn't rep ya.

OP, most women with experience with men can tell when you are really care about what they're saying, and when you're just pretending. It would be best to find a woman that you actually care about, and you won't have to do the song & dance you're doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Thread STOPPER!!!!

Exactly, what hobbies do girls have? I can't name one (unless you count quilting, but that's for older ladies).
That's riciculous. If you look at my profile "interests", you'll see a partial list of my hobbies. I could write much more if it were not for the character limit.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:27 AM

76 posts, read 108,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Women are bad because some like serial killers...? Interesting logic since the actual serial killers are men.
but none of them like nice guys. of course, they will marry one if they fail at life and need his stability, reliability, retirement plan, father for the serial killers kids, etc. even then there is no passion for him. this is VERY common, just look anywhere. once they can no longer date the rich guy, or are sick of the violent guy, nice guy is the backup plan. still, there is no passion for him.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:38 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Good grief. Is this thread STILL going on?

Look, guys. Here's a self-examination for you. If you think you're a so-called Nice Guy, chances are you're not that at all. You're simply a Dull Guy. Lots of nice guys out there who have no problem at all finding women. So knock off the self-pity. It's really pathetic. Be men, or at least behave like the semblance of one.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan 181 View Post
but none of them like nice guys. of course, they will marry one if they fail at life and need his stability, reliability, retirement plan, father for the serial killers kids, etc. even then there is no passion for him. this is VERY common, just look anywhere. once they can no longer date the rich guy, or are sick of the violent guy, nice guy is the backup plan. still, there is no passion for him.
Hi Bryan 181,

A so called "nice guy" can modify his behavior either directly or through a proxy of accomplishment. There is a feedback loop. When men display a lack of confidence, they are more or less revealing that they would make a poor mate. Suppose a man was filled with anxiety due to losing it all, or perhaps the police are closing in on a crime he committed. Women will pick up on this display as a warning to them. Suppose a man has been wildly successful. Women will pick this up in body language which is not the display of a nice guy but typically a one who is a little cocky.

Since this has been explained, and women actually report their lack of desire for men who only have nice to offer, what kind of woman wants a man who cannot adapt himself?

In comparison, what would you like? An uptight librarian who will do it once a month in the dark or a prostitute? That is the equivalent choice you are presenting women. I could see some men who just might say the hell with it. At least he may have one happy moment before he dies.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:15 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Look, guys. Here's a self-examination for you. If you think you're a so-called Nice Guy, chances are you're not that at all. You're simply a Dull Guy. Lots of nice guys out there who have no problem at all finding women. So knock off the self-pity. It's really pathetic. Be men, or at least behave like the semblance of one.

I agree with this one.....

Old 11-20-2010, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 3,018 times
Women desire men that are successful or have the potential for success. In the media, successful men almost always have the same personality. They are very social and domineering. In real life there are successful men of all personality types. This is what "nice guys" try to explain to women. A "nice guy" can earn money, protect his family, and be as good of a father as any other man. Men who are considered "nice guys" play a very important role in society. Many of them possess the patience, humbleness, and discipline necessary to accomplish great tasks. Some women "click" better with "nice guys," but are hesitant to choose these men because of what their friends will think. My advice to nice guys is to try hard to find women that will appreciate them.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:26 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,772,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi 007.5,

I cook all the time and put down the toilet seat, but I do it without incessantly whining. I think I am about to have a blasting, wide angle vomit if one more false dichotomy is forced down my throat.
Great ! Its okay to get in touch with your feminine side when youre a Rambo man . Have you ever seen Mr. Creosotes enormous projectile vomit session on Monty Python ? ! Its the best ive seen for sure ; covers half the restaurant with people eating.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:43 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Thing is I actually enjoy listening to 'boring life stuff' lol. Like this girl, we basically just talked about the class and the papers that were due today, with a few dashes of playful sarcasm thrown in on my part. That seems neither feminine nor masculine to me. She seemed engaged in the conversation as well, not just sort of nodding her head along every few seconds.

But yeah, it is true that one has to at least come off as being interested in their problems.

This stuff is hard, I could major in math and nuclear engineering before understanding all these rules, regulations and such.
LOL yeah I talk about school with chicks too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
fu*k you, fair or not, the key is to adapt to it or live with it. Otherwise you can just whine you way to hell. I mean, is it too hard to people grown up in a ultra-religious environment (I consider the good ol' USA a ultra-religious environment as a whole) to accept that there is something out there that's OK and totally different from what you accept as conventional wisdom OR that you can live perfectly with or without a bunch of busty blondes ogling you everywhere you go? Believe it or not, sex and instant gratification from the opposite sex ain't what lives are all about and believe it or not, we, as human beings, don't just derive our pleasure from conventional and cliched sexual intercourse between male and female. The bottom is it doesn't matter what you want, whether you want to go forward and build your future with what you have with or without what the conventional wisdom convince you of what you must have, you are gonna live your life as a normal human being no matter what nature,God or whoever up above endows you with upon your birth. Just take full advantage of what you have (you know, you don't have to have a full, socially-acceptable relationship to get pus*sies) and learn to have fun with it (I'm sure there is more than a piece of flesh hole you wanna out of your life,why not pursue whatever you want without being impeded by your animal instinct to procreate? Or better, have it yet not distracted by it.)and be happy with it. No matter what, one of the surest signs of someone not possessing what it takes to succeed in life is to ditch what's really important in real life and complain all day about some perceived, fair or unfair, unfairness in a life that we all know, for everybody, will end and, no matter how pretty/handsome you are, wilt as time pass by. Basically, the whole question and debate here is moot cuz it won't change anything that matters (probably anything that doesn't matter cuz as a nerd, I've never seen a non-nerd magically changing into a captain of a football team no matter what he does)

You have problems and if you didn't notice I have no problem getting laid, I just want more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, this does not makes sense. I see two problems with your approach.

1. Girls just feel the need to tell you all their problems. This is friend zone stuff. A girl who goes on and on about herself and her "boring life stuff" is a self-centered twit. She should be interested in you and vice versa. Don't just sit there, listening, to her tell you all her problems, waiting for her to trust you enough so you can ask her out. By then, you're not boyfriend material. You're a footstool with ears.

2. Pretending you care. This is lame and shallow. Once a girl figures out that you were just nodding and making appropriately sympathetic noises, thinking about the perfect moment to get into her pants, she's gone. Nobody likes to feel used.

My advice is to start hanging out with girls who don't bore you.
Thank you. I appreciate this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
No, if you fake listen you do the same thing as all her other friends, and she's not gonna pay more attention than that on you, plus if she brings her bag of problems she's probably already taken you of the mating equation. besides problem #3 or 4 is usually about her boyfriend, as if it's not hard enough without that obstacle. Listen; I've tried this approach waaay to many times, and it's simply not effective enough to waste time on.

I'm gonna say straight up: I suck at bringing ladies home, but I do think that I'm close to knowing every way how to NOT get a lady home, and this is one of the more tried ones.

Don't try to get her trust, she will not be "impressed" by a listener. How impressed are you if a girl sits fake-listening when you talk about football?
To most girls the football part will mean "ok nice he has a hobby, enough about that already" but not much more. And remember most girls are a thousand times better fake-listeners than most guys, and will spot a fake-listener a mile away.
Thank you times a million

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

yes this thread is still going on because I like reading what everyone has to say. Don't like it? then don't post here and don't act like you know me or who I am. You obviously don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships