Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Hahaha, well, I agree with you, might be hard to find one the that satisfies all those requirements, as for myself, i am politically and culturally very liberal, would be happy to have a woman who has an equal say in matters, in fact, appreciate it very much.

I have no qualms about race, I am Indian myself, tanned and fit, workout everyday, intellectually appealing and can discuss on a wide variety of topics, around 5'10" and weight 180 lbs, make more than a 100k per year, drive a Lexus, I just don't know why just the fact that I am of a particular race becomes such a deal breaker. Also, it's not like I am looking for supermodels, I rather prefer the average looking one's, they are humble and more grounded, a few pounds extra wouldn't be a deal breaker either, I just don't know why it isn't working for me, I am just guessing it's my race, nothing to do with me as a person. And that depresses me quite a lot to be honest because I can do nothing about it.
I don't consider race when dating. The overwhelming majority of Jewish men are white, but not all are. If a man met my minimum conditions and wasn't white, I wouldn't care. Note that "white" isn't on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 11:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
There have been several threads about "nice guys finishing last." I thought I'd start a thread about women. Do you think that "nice women finish last?" Just curious....
no, i don't.

"Nice guy", in the context of that statement, means a guy who is a pushover.

I don't think that women benefit from being pushovers, exactly, but I do believe that the consequences are not nearly as severe for them. Men who are pushovers are basically loathed by every segment of society.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:30 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
There have been several threads about "nice guys finishing last." I thought I'd start a thread about women. Do you think that "nice women finish last?" Just curious....
No you reject normal guys, take an a-hole every once in a while, end up 30+ years of age single and complain there aren't any nice guys out there.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,277 times
Well its funny because women say they want a nice respectable guy but the truth is they want a guy who is confident, hard to catch, and a bit of a douche. As a man if a girl came along and wasn't "nice" it would depend on in what context. If she was just bitchy I could look past it but if she was just full blow rude and acted like she was the center of the universe then we have problems.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM

72 posts, read 106,101 times
No being a nice girl is the best way to attract a good man, so its definitely a good trait for women. In a very sexual culture I think too many women start out believing being overly sexual and suggestive is the way to find a man, but over time find out the best way is to be nice and dress classy.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,005 times
I figured "nice guys finish last" wasn't gender specific -- it's a piece of advice generally reckoned to be about being assertive and not letting others taking advantage of you or being a pushover, in relationships or otherwise.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
yes yes and YES nice women do finish last! for all the clowns out there-- men who whine about how women claim to want 'nice guys' but only want 'abusers'...which is so true.....the real TRUTH is that most men HATE nice women and love game playing cheating psycho abusive controlling b*tches to no end.....basically....every guy I ever meet...if I tell him my ex abused me...or while I was being abused, got abused by those guys too "oh u LIKE abuse" "why do u STAY with him", "u probably LIKE that he abuses you"....thats b/c these morons are chasing the b*tchy women who like the abusive men...or the messed up women who do...adn blaming it on all other women...
then when they meet a really NICE girl...they abuse and manipulate her...not only for the women who manipulated and used them, but b/c deep down they dont even WANT a nice girl...they want a player loser low life b/c they are insecure and can't handle a confident secure girl...they want a girl who is screwed up...and more screwed up than them....(lots of guys anyway)...so they abuse and reject the nice girl, go out searching more for the psycho women and then keep b8tching when they find psycho women dating other a**holes and not them...(they call themselves nice guys but they're not)....its a warped twisted cycle going on out there...but most guys do not like nice women....and just abuse and walk all over them...
I know b/c im a nice girl and ive been single all my life...and not manipulative, dont play games etc...
and its not the 'challenge' most of these fake game playing idiots are interested in. So if you want to get a guy-- just be a psycho weirdo....dont be normal...it'll make them feel more secure, and confident and they'll probably chase you, buy you an expensive ring, while you're cheating on them with their best friend....and theyre raving about what a wonderful catch you are and how lucky they are...how most stupid men function these days....then they'll get hurt, you two will break up...then they'll go out looking to use some "NICE GIRL" for how they got used by psycho girl....and also make suer to not get the nice girl anything and treat her like dirt...and then bail on her...this is how guys are in today's society, its a whacked horrible place....
I'm sorry. This is the biggest load of bull I have ever read. I WISH it was this way.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:15 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaa28 View Post
yes yes and YES nice women do finish last! for all the clowns out there-- men who whine about how women claim to want 'nice guys' but only want 'abusers'...which is so true.....the real TRUTH is that most men HATE nice women and love game playing cheating psycho abusive controlling b*tches to no end.....basically....every guy I ever meet...if I tell him my ex abused me...or while I was being abused, got abused by those guys too "oh u LIKE abuse" "why do u STAY with him", "u probably LIKE that he abuses you"....thats b/c these morons are chasing the b*tchy women who like the abusive men...or the messed up women who do...adn blaming it on all other women...
then when they meet a really NICE girl...they abuse and manipulate her...not only for the women who manipulated and used them, but b/c deep down they dont even WANT a nice girl...they want a player loser low life b/c they are insecure and can't handle a confident secure girl...they want a girl who is screwed up...and more screwed up than them....(lots of guys anyway)...so they abuse and reject the nice girl, go out searching more for the psycho women and then keep b8tching when they find psycho women dating other a**holes and not them...(they call themselves nice guys but they're not)....its a warped twisted cycle going on out there...but most guys do not like nice women....and just abuse and walk all over them...
I know b/c im a nice girl and ive been single all my life...and not manipulative, dont play games etc...
and its not the 'challenge' most of these fake game playing idiots are interested in. So if you want to get a guy-- just be a psycho weirdo....dont be normal...it'll make them feel more secure, and confident and they'll probably chase you, buy you an expensive ring, while you're cheating on them with their best friend....and theyre raving about what a wonderful catch you are and how lucky they are...how most stupid men function these days....then they'll get hurt, you two will break up...then they'll go out looking to use some "NICE GIRL" for how they got used by psycho girl....and also make suer to not get the nice girl anything and treat her like dirt...and then bail on her...this is how guys are in today's society, its a whacked horrible place....
This post is offensive on so many levels.... don't know where to begin.....

Nonsense as well.......

Old 02-19-2011, 12:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
No, not "nonsense", but a tirade from someone who is bitter and has obviously been used. I am nice, and alone. For some reason, I end up with men who are not nice, and just add too much drama to my life. I prefer a dull, boring, lonely life to the insanity of being with a selfish man. You can only be used if you let yourself be treated that way. I am happy with my cat.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:33 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No, not "nonsense", but a tirade from someone who is bitter and has obviously been used. I am nice, and alone. For some reason, I end up with men who are not nice, and just add too much drama to my life. I prefer a dull, boring, lonely life to the insanity of being with a selfish man. You can only be used if you let yourself be treated that way. I am happy with my cat.
I'll stick with nonsense.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships