Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:29 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't know... Judging by my own experience, I didn't finish very well. On the other hand, nobody's yet to describe me as being "nice"... Pretty confusing, isn't it...?! I guess I have a bitc*hy facade and a damn "nice" core! Not a good combination!
I'm in the same boat is you. All guys see up front it my "craziness", not my caring and faithful sides!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,488 times
Nope but some might then start wondering what's it like living your life to the fullest..... sort of on the wild side and not compromising for the meantime (you don't have to worry about hurting people's feelings nor taking things too serious but keep the ''whatever'' attitude going on as long as you want to).

As far as ending last I think not. All it takes for us to attract a man (unless you're disfigured, very ugly or have serious weight problems) is dress up good, know how to walk, talk and just be all sweet with a low, smooth voice. I think even a tomboy can get her man if she's nice and finds something girly about her.

Charm talking would be our strategy and it hardly ever falls. We can even act shy and it's no big deal to most men.

However if the man was extremely shy to the point of stuttering at every single word then it would be a problem.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Only if they lower their standards.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:49 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Usually nice girls don't "finish" at all.

"Oh, no, honey. It's okay. You don't have to satisfy me. Honey? Honey?"

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Smart girls make it a point to finish first.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:55 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

I beg to differ. Smart nice girls are so good they know when to be bad.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I beg to differ. Smart nice girls are so good they know when to be bad.
I must be tired. I don't understand what you mean.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I must be tired. I don't understand what you mean.
I'll have my man explain it to you.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now you got me totally confused! What's the difference between these two or are you just being sarcastic?

Sorry, I couldn't get on earlier...

We all know there are nice guys in the world. However, in these threads and since the 80's, Nice Guy (note the capitalization) has become that sort of detrimental title denoting Mr. Clingy... Mr. Pathetic, the World's Doormat... the (dare I say it?) beta so often spoken of in these threads.

He's that guy who feels he's walked on and taken advantage of -- and often he IS but it's because he's kind of a wuss. YES, he's nice... sometimes, but as has been frequently pointed out as well in these threads, his "niceness" just as often has an agenda. He's hoping to win her over by holding her hair for her while she pukes... he's the shoulder on which she cries about her "mean, rotten boyfriend" but he's never willing to tell her to wake the hell up and smell the coffee, he only commiserates with her because he's hoping she'll miraculously see him for the great and wonderful TRUE "Nice Guy" he is and choose him.

That's the Nice Guy dream -- that someday she'll notice how wonderful he is and finally take her damned clothes off and get into bed with him. He has all these visions of their future together and how she'll adore him... because he's been so darned swell all along, allowing her to wipe her feet on him.

Isn't it attractive? I mean seriously, Sierra, doesn't that just moisten your loins and make you want to bear his children? At that description aren't you just salivating like Pavlov's dog? Don't you just think of a guy like that and the words "Mmm-MM, sweet as candy, got to GET me some" just fly into your forebrain?

Eventually Nice Guy (as distinctly differentiated from a nice guy, because a nice guy is a nice guy but he's not going to put up with crap just because it's coming from a woman, and he owns a good, properly-stiff-yet-flexible spine) gets tired of it all, being used, being a doormat, and he gets up from outside the step and he goes to a bar, has a few drinks and comes to CD to pout and cry and call women bi***es and explain why they're all users.

Nice Guy vs a nice guy...

Nice Girl vs a nice girl...

See the difference?

Except that the more I read, the more I'm realizing that while I've heard about Nice Guys for years, I really seldom hear about Nice Girls. I've known a few in my time and they really are the equivalents of Nice Guys (as described in my first couple of posts in this thread) -- but I'm realizing as I read the slowly-growing number of posts from women in this thread that women really don't seem to draw the same distinction with Nice Girls that they do with Nice Guys.

That's what I found (and still find) curious.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:17 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Smart GUYS make it a point to make sure she finishes, whether first, last or multiple.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:05 AM

946 posts, read 2,918,515 times
At my age, I can tell you a LOT of guys prefer the crazy, wild type and the shy, reserved ones are left aside. Looks play an important role though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships