Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times

Advertisements

she would be bi if she is attracted to both males and females...no matter what sex she is with at the time.

bisexuals come with a nice little sliding scale...
lesbian women are lesibans...they are attracted to women...
gay men are gay, they are attracted to men men...

if someone is attracted to both sexes (on more than just a once off) then that person is bisexual, potentially with a preference.

for example im a bisexual woman who preferes men...
so im mostly with men...that doesnt make me straight while im with a guy and a lesbian when im with a woman...simply bisexual with a preference.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I prefer women who are more butch.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:38 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
she would be bi if she is attracted to both males and females...no matter what sex she is with at the time.

bisexuals come with a nice little sliding scale...
lesbian women are lesibans...they are attracted to women...
gay men are gay, they are attracted to men men...

if someone is attracted to both sexes (on more than just a once off) then that person is bisexual, potentially with a preference.

for example im a bisexual woman who preferes men...
so im mostly with men...that doesnt make me straight while im with a guy and a lesbian when im with a woman...simply bisexual with a preference.
I just want to reiterate: this thread is directed towards out lesbians, who don't consider men, as partners.. I REALLY want to keep it on topic. This means no bi's straights or males. You mentioned that you were bi. I believe that there are threads about bisexuality, which is where you really belong.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Message heard, and my last post.. with one other observation.
what if the woman, was a lesbian, dated a man and then was Bi,
then started dating women again, would she be Bi then or back
to being a lesbian?

Jonathan
As I said, if she dated a man, she wouldn't be an out lesbian, who is secure in her lesbian sexuality. Since this thread isn't about bi's or straights, your comments are irrelevant. If a woman is a switch hitter, then she's not a true lesbian. Period! Since you're not an out lesbian who is involved with women only, I really don't want to hear from you again!

Old 11-18-2010, 07:18 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I am into women who have long, dark hair, thin, fit bodies, and nice boobs.

I have never understood the attraction of women who don't look like women. I like women womanly, please.

The caveat is that I don't like women who can't take care of themselves, can't change a tire, can't fix a lightbulb, etc...so the 'feminine' stereotype only goes so far.

I always said that Xena was the perfect summation of what I like in a woman:

Feminine and graceful
but can kick your ass.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:15 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,270 times
Well I'm not a lesbian but I've always wandered what the majority of lesbo-relationships of made up of...
I would think a butch & femme???

Old 11-18-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Well I'm not a lesbian but I've always wandered what the majority of lesbo-relationships of made up of...

Yeah, you watch too much tv. That hasn't been 'the norm' as far as I have ever known.

It's just two women getting together...the whole butch/femme thing hasn't really been en vogue for a long, long time...

Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I am into women who have long, dark hair, thin, fit bodies, and nice boobs.

I have never understood the attraction of women who don't look like women. I like women womanly, please.

The caveat is that I don't like women who can't take care of themselves, can't change a tire, can't fix a lightbulb, etc...so the 'feminine' stereotype only goes so far.

I always said that Xena was the perfect summation of what I like in a woman:

Feminine and graceful
but can kick your ass.
Sounds like you like the more butchie femme kind of lesbian-those that look feminine, but can act masculine. I always thought that biker women, personified the butchie femme persona.

I grew in the 70s, and saw that the butchie femme woman, was all over the silver screen in those days. Some examples are: Pam Grier, Claudia Jennings, and Betty Anne Rees (who actually played a dyke, in a film called Unholy Rollers. Claudia Jennings was also in this film, and she played Betty's love interest).

Too bad that the majority of those butchie femme women in the movies, weren't actual lesbians. Even now, I don't see very many butchie femme lesbians, in films.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM

Er, I think you need to get over the labels and stereotypes.
People are just people these days.
I know 'butch' women who are worthless with cars and tools, etc. I know straight men who are worthless at the 'manly' things, too. And straight lipstick women who can drywall a house and gap sparkplugs.

Let go of the labels and stereotypes and stop pigeonholing people. People are people. Lesbians are just women who like to sleep with women. That has nothing to do with the rest of their personality whatsoever.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
If you're not a lesbian, then you don't belong on this thread. This is NOT a thread, for curious, non-lesbians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships