Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 AM

25 posts, read 22,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
There's something very wrong with you
Thanks for your lame judgement over some internet forum. You don't even know me.

I don't want to deal with a college aged girl that is going through the whole "I'm gong out to party with random guys night, and trying to find myself" thing at my old age of 30. I did that, done that at Penn State years ago. That is me, maybe not you. I won't judge you though over some internet board.

Thanks.

Op; To answer your question. I feel a person matures and changes greatly in their 20s. The difference between a 21 year old, to a 25 year old out of college, to a 30 year old is very signifcant. I'm not saying that it wont work for certain people. When I hit 28, I had enough with women that still wanted to do the early 20 thing. That is me, not everybody. Then there are plenty of women that age earlier than others also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 AM

7 posts, read 19,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNuts View Post
Thanks for your lame judgement over some internet forum. You don't even know me.

I don't want to deal with a college aged girl that is going through the whole "I'm gong out to party with random guys night, and trying to find myself" thing at my old age of 30. I did that, done that at Penn State years ago. That is me, maybe not you. I won't judge you though over some internet board.

Thanks.

Op; To answer your question. I feel a person matures and changes greatly in their 20s. The difference between a 21 year old, to a 25 year old out of college, to a 30 year old is very signifcant. I'm not saying that it wont work for certain people. When I hit 28, I had enough with women that still wanted to do the early 20 thing. That is me, not everybody. Then there are plenty of women that age earlier than others also.
THX.

So, what do you think I should do?

It's been 5 days since I've heard from him. I try to say it's Ok because it's not like we are dating or together but if you like someone, wouldn't you talk to them every day or a few times a week?

IDK, I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt just because his situation but...

I don't want to come off as dumb or desperate.

I'm beautiful, well I get told a lot by friends and strangers. I'm young, I'm a nice person, smart. Not promiscuous.

So, if he is on that B.S., definitely NOT my loss.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:48 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymax View Post
THX.

It's been 5 days since I've heard from him. I try to say it's Ok because it's not like we are dating or together but if you like someone, wouldn't you talk to them every day or a few times a week?

IDK, I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt just because his situation but...

I'm beautiful, well I get told a lot by friends and strangers. I'm young, I'm a nice person, smart. Not promiscuous.

Just be direct. That is not dumb or desperate. It's you just wanting to know if you both are on the same page because you don't feel like wasting time.

Desperate is "ohhhh my gooood I likeeee you... please be with me... I need to see you 24/7...." you get the point.

And when did kissing get labeled as "giving yourself" away? Goodness, then I'm surprised I have any of myself left after that trip to Europe.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Just be direct. That is not dumb or desperate. It's you just wanting to know if you both are on the same page because you don't feel like wasting time.

Desperate is "ohhhh my gooood I likeeee you... please be with me... I need to see you 24/7...." you get the point.

And when did kissing get labeled as "giving yourself" away? Goodness, then I'm surprised I have any of myself left after that trip to Europe.
lol.

So, should I say, "How has your day been going? I just want to see if we are cool because I haven't heard from you. I hope everything's alright."

Is that good?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
THX.

Hi Ladymax

I am thinking this is the first guy that did not actually come at you with the desire to have sex with you right away.

This is probably the first guy that was honest and open with you about his feelings.

This is probably the first guy that is not running back to you when you give them the green light.

I think you should have been alittle bit more direct with your responses. This guy wanted to know where he stood with you and you didn't give him a complete answer. You kinda told him you didn't want a boyfriend and you didn't have a boyfriend.

That to me would be a direct answer to my being shot down. This quote of you saying you let him kiss your neck should tell him you didn't find him repulsive was really odd.

I probably wouldn't respond to your texts either.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Hi Ladymax

I am thinking this is the first guy that did not actually come at you with the desire to have sex with you right away.

This is probably the first guy that was honest and open with you about his feelings.

This is probably the first guy that is not running back to you when you give them the green light.

I think you should have been alittle bit more direct with your responses. This guy wanted to know where he stood with you and you didn't give him a complete answer. You kinda told him you didn't want a boyfriend and you didn't have a boyfriend.

That to me would be a direct answer to my being shot down. This quote of you saying you let him kiss your neck should tell him you didn't find him repulsive was really odd.

I probably wouldn't respond to your texts either.
Well, he said do you wanna date me? And I said yeah.

IDK how more direct can I get.

I'm not a snob, it's just I have a hard time trusting guys but I let him into my house...I actually opened up a little but not as much as him.

I said he was kinda cute but that wasn't good enough for him. I guess he takes cute as me not being attracted to him??

Men always be on some B.S.

@Fuzznots-I am not the typical college student. Not into partying or clubbing, prefer more laid back things to do.

I know my dad was 30 when he dated my mom and she was like 19/20.

I thought age was just a number? Can you guys elaborate on how it's weird?

Last edited by Ladymax; 11-22-2010 at 09:49 AM..

Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I'd say be careful, I'm around that age of that guy, and his behavior seems odd to me, a couple others have already pointed this out to.

Grown men in their late 30's early 40's don't talk like that and don't usually go after women in their very early 20's.

Something to think about.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,431 times
Sounds like you pushed him awa...
Making out, but you don't want to be his gf?
Can't say you like him because you don't know him?

Who can read you?
If he likeD you maybe YOU did something to push him away and to have him act as he is now.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:18 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Brief:

I knew this guy, he liked me and I was willing to be open about it, hung out once but we lost touch.

We recently got in touch and I invited him to the crib to casually hang out, have convos about life,etc. Oh, we made out. He asked me to be his girlfriend? I said No. He also asked me where was my boyfriend... He also said he liked me and everything and asked if I felt the same? I alluded that I don't like people until I get to really know them. When we later talked, he implied that I didn't like him.

So, we stayed in touch after but now he has been ignoring my texts. I even called him but he didn't call back...

I know he has been going through **** right now, like a health crisis, because the last thing he said he wasn't feeling well...

Or do you think he's playing games or what?

BTW, there is more than a 10 year age gap btw us, me being younger. I feel like he's been very honest so I don't feel like he is playing games or trying to get that "one thing" especially since he's at the age where he should be settled.

IDK...

Be honest y'all...
Hi Ladymax,

A guy in is late 30s with a young 20 something has a high probability of playing games. Putting you on a withdrawal regimen is text book stuff. Now you are chasing him. I also detect what is called vulnerability game. Its meant to imply an in for high value. I wonder if he has his own booth at the CAD-O-RAMA.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'd say be careful, I'm around that age of that guy, and his behavior seems odd to me, a couple others have already pointed this out to.

Grown men in their late 30's early 40's don't talk like that and don't usually go after women in their very early 20's.

Something to think about.
Hi Chowhound,

Yes they do when they are trying to offset their age. Staying trendy and hip is also textbook stuff. I also recommend a cool hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships