Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
affection is something I need to work on. I'm still affectionate, but not as much as other's are.
Same here. Probably a little less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 08:00 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
No i prefer slapping my mates rear end and telling them to make me pancakes
Hahaha I like your kind of affection, paganmama!

You choke him too, right?

No, me neither...

Glad to see there are so many other affectionate people! One day we can all get together for a hug-fest hehehe

Old 11-24-2010, 08:06 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Hahaha I like your kind of affection, paganmama!

You choke him too, right?

No, me neither...

Glad to see there are so many other affectionate people! One day we can all get together for a hug-fest hehehe

Is that just a nice way of calling it an orgy?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Is that just a nice way of calling it an orgy?
Hey! It’s a hug-fest! If hands wander elsewhere goddamn it I can’t be held responsible!

Old 11-25-2010, 07:31 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
I love being affectionate and having it returned to me.

Friends, family, lovers, anyone. I love to hug and rub people on the arm and put a protective arm around someone’s waist. I just love physical contact.

A lot of women aren’t like this though, they are quite the opposite.

Are you affectionate?
Depends upon who it is. In general, people who are overly touchy-feely come across as needy to me, and those are people I want to run from. A friend or lover or family member is a different story.

And I absolutely cringe every day when the little "mentally challenged" guy who works in the mailroom comes into my office to hug and kiss me and tell me how beautiful I look. I put up with it because I know he means no harm and doesn't know any better, but it skeeves me no end and I have restrain myself from giving him a sharp elbow in the ribs. Sometimes he is in the corridor and he sees me and I see him getting ready to come toward me and I duck down one of the side halls to try to escape. This provides entertainment to the security guard, lol.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:19 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,452 times
Quote:
Hey! It’s a hug-fest! If hands wander elsewhere goddamn it I can’t be held responsible!

But if they are your hands you can be

Old 11-25-2010, 08:36 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I am very affectionate by nature , I suppose I come from a very tactile culture and was brought up with physical displays of affection. I have been reined in a little by the more reserved British attitude since I have lived in the UK ( over 2 decades now) but can still be exhuberant in my affection.

Antisocial but I like human touch. Go figure. The American Big Bear Hug is a wonderful invention which should spread throughout the world.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:47 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
I'm very affectionate with my closest women friends/acquaintances as they are with me and the fellas. Since I saw my mom & dad and grandparents be affectionate with each other, I was genetically predisposed to being affectionate in that manner, and ONLY with the opposite sex. I don't do this with every woman as I know she'll probably find it uncomfortable so that's why I limit it only to my close women friends/acquaintances.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
I forgot to wish everyone a most affectionate Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum and warm Hugs and kisses coming your way via cyberspace wether you like it or not ....

Old 11-25-2010, 08:55 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I forgot to wish everyone a most affectionate Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum and warm Hugs and kisses coming your way via cyberspace wether you like it or not ....
Same to you and yours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships