Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 AM

33 posts, read 81,190 times

Advertisements

Hey all!
I've been through a difficult time last couple of months, I would like to hear your opinion on my situation. I broke up with my boyfriend whom I've been with for 9 and a half years. I met him when i was 22 and things were not going so well with us for the last 3 years. We've been living together but we couldn't find time to really be together, our sex life became miserable, but otherwise we were a good couple.. we trusted each other, there were no affairs or jealousy attacks, we were supportive at difficult times, we had plans for future, but we couldn't solve this one... This summer I thought i fell in love with someone else and I told him we can't be together anymore... but I realized really quickly that I was just happy that someone found me attractive after all these years spent with my boyfriend who really didn't show interest in me anymore. I wanted to be honest about it with him and I told him everything... it broke his heart. At first he called me, but he didn't want to talk about getting back together or about us, we both agreed it's best to wait a little and see what we really want. Two months after break up i called him and he agreed we should meet and finally talk, he promised to call me tomorrow, but he didn't. When I called him 5 days later he said I'm just bothering him. It took me few calls like that during October to realize that something is wrong. Than I found out he is dating 18 years old younger girl just 3 moths after we separated. He doesn't want to talk to me anymore and I stopped calling him. Initially I just wanted to have some kind of resolution after all these years we spent together, now it looks like I wanted him back. And I don't know anymore since he never gave it a chance...I really don't know what to think. I couldn't sleep, eat, do anything... I'm getting little better now, but it still hurts me really bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
If he is not willing to give it a second chance,let him have his young girls and see what a headache/drama that can bring!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:33 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
Scott Pilgrim is dating a high schooler!

Anyway I'd pour another drink, laugh at the good memories (however many or few there may be) and then face the next day with the vigor of a lion. Constantly thinking about him and your relationship isn't going to bring it back, and you'll never move forward if you keep looking back.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:38 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,752 times
You thought the grass would be greener on the other side but it wasn't. You obviously hurt him very badly and now he has gotten over you. Leave him alone.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
You thought the grass would be greener on the other side but it wasn't. You obviously hurt him very badly and now he has gotten over you. Leave him alone.
Yes, well I already did. It was not about greener grass you know... but about things that were not working between us........ and if he didn't found it important to do anything about to improve our relationship, I don't know why he stayed with me for so long

Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,860,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinbone View Post
Yes, well I already did. It was not about greener grass you know... but about things that were not working between us........ and if he didn't found it important to do anything about to improve our relationship, I don't know why he stayed with me for so long

He was in a zone of comfort most likely skin.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
The way it sounds to me, he's entitled to date whomever he wants.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The way it sounds to me, he's entitled to date whomever he wants.
of course. i'm not here to spit on him, just want to figure out his behavior.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinbone View Post
of course. i'm not here to spit on him, just want to figure out his behavior.
What is there to figure...? You've broken up (you broke up with him), he's a single man, and he dates. Sounds pretty simple to me.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What is there to figure...? You've broken up (you broke up with him), he's a single man, and he dates. Sounds pretty simple to me.
ok, but i don't think dating is simple. love is not simple. I've put so much in this relationship. i was expecting at least him to try and understand me, doesn't matter if we will never be together again... just a healthier closure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships