Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:30 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
Actually I think they'd be flattered and if they found out it was me, say it was sweet, then introduce me to their single friends. It's all part of the plan.
Instead of being so underhanded, why don't you just check around your office, and see if anyone currently has any single friends that might be interested in a date? Giving a few women in the office flowers under secretive circumstances is really a bad idea. You may alienate some other co-workers, and get some nasty messages from boyfriends or husbands. Create enough office drama, and you may just find yourself out the door.

Why so much subterfuge, just to get a date? Seriously, VAW, what gives? Your writing skills speak to someone who is clearly intelligent, your interpersonal skills are. Maybe it's time for some critical thinking? Just sayin'

Old 11-25-2010, 11:45 PM

924 posts, read 2,230,466 times
taigagirl, another reason I want to do this is to practice being a romantic with no strings attached. If the office girls have a significant other, they'll just smile at the gesture, but think nothing more. A flower is something you cherish and appeals to a girl's visual and nasal senses. They made not shed their own panties, but you're right, it would be an opening into their social circle whereby they'd be more likely to want to fix me up with a friend. In that case, is it best not to do the anonymous approach and actually leave a note with my name or at least initials?

Old 11-26-2010, 12:29 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
How else would you describe a man who's placing a flower on the desk of not one, but more than one woman, some of whom are not single, but married, that too without their knowledge, slowly sneaking early into the office to do the job or late at night, and not for camaraderie but to see their reaction.

So how else do I describe that? Value adding champion to the work space?

I would describe that person as creepy. And these women will not be talking about how cute it is or fighting about it - they will be huddled together discussing your weirdness. As a woman, who worked in an office - trust me on this one. It's a definite 10 on the creep-o-meter.

Last edited by Thursday007; 11-26-2010 at 12:56 AM..

Old 11-26-2010, 12:37 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
VAW, I'll give you my opinion as a woman. I personally would find such an act desperate and a little pitiful. That's just how it would come off. I mean finding out it was you who put flowers on a whole bunch of desks, then that you'd asked me out, or one of the other women out...Well, it would seem like you were desperate for a date with just somebody, ANYBODY, so you did some mass flower hand-out in the hopes that at least SOMEBODY would say yes, even if just for one date.

Fair or not, I'm sure it would make you the office "creepy and desperate guy" in the eyes of most of the women there, and anyone who was desperate enough to look past that and go out with you anyway would probably be somebody YOU wouldn't want to go out with.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 AM

313 posts, read 450,471 times
Quote:
I'm thinking of causing a stir at work by leaving a single flower and a nice note on a few women's desks but not sign my name, just to:
a) see their reaction,
b) see the reaction of other colleagues (if they go into a frenzy asking why they didn't receive one, etc.)
c) set the stage for asking them to lunch

Now the thing is, the majority of the women in my office are attached. I've heard about one having a boyfriend, saw the other one's bf and the third woman has a ring, plus is extra cute and flirty, so it's impossible she's single.

I'll do it as a sort of social experiment. However the company has a policy of no giving unsolicited gifts, so it might not go over too well if one of these women complains. But I doubt they will.

If you know for certain that there are no surveillance cameras then I have a different suggestion for you. If you still want to go through with it, just leave the flowers and do your case study. BUT ~ do NOT disclose that it was you, and do no more with it. At all. EVER. Not even if you happen to end up getting lucky with one.

I really don't think the women will freak out once they realize that ALL of them received one (which is probably safer to do, anyway). They'll find it bizarre and some may get humored by it. But I must stress that you should never reveal that it was you.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:40 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Man, I've done some strange stuff in my life when it came to women, but THIS just weirds me out. Sorry, VAW. I'll be waiting to read about your crash and burn, though...

Old 11-26-2010, 12:41 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I would describe that person as creepy. And these women will not be talking about how cute it is or fighting about it - they will be huddled together discussing your weirdness. As a woman, who worked in an office - trust me on this one. It's a definite 10 on the creep-o-meter.
This...Seriously, everyone would be a little leery of you from that point on. Whatever your intentions, this is really NOT the right way to go.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:54 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
I'm thinking of causing a stir at work by leaving a single flower and a nice note on a few women's desks but not sign my name, just to:
a) see their reaction,
b) see the reaction of other colleagues (if they go into a frenzy asking why they didn't receive one, etc.)
c) set the stage for asking them to lunch

This is a silly game.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:45 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Why don't you get back to work and stop experimenting on the "office girls" like some kind of sociopath.

Old 11-26-2010, 04:43 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

Couldn't agree more. You're setting yourself up to be the office leper. Isn't there somewhere, besides work, where you can pursue women?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships