U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-26-2010, 04:53 PM

1,123 posts, read 1,692,138 times
Default Do women get upset when a guy they like doesn't approach them???

Just a question I have. Curious to know whether or not it's true and why....
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 05:38 PM

2,392 posts, read 3,250,964 times
I don't think that they do. I think most of them over the age of 24 expect the man to approach and if he doesn't then they move on to someone else.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:44 PM

2,997 posts, read 2,685,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Just a question I have. Curious to know whether or not it's true and why....
I find that many women will get upset and very frustrated if they like a guy alot and want to date him / be in committed relationship ... but he just wants to be friends and.or doesnt find much physical attraction with her. (I hope i didnt hyjack the thread . I thought it was very close to the OP's question) .

Old 11-26-2010, 06:17 PM

130 posts, read 177,019 times
I don't get upset on the outside but I do feel a little disappointed on the inside depending on how stellar the dude is. Most of the time I just brush it off though and go on to the next. There is no point in obsessing over it, either the person likes you or they don't. You can't force a person to like you.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:08 PM

186 posts, read 210,981 times
I was told as a child "if someone doesnt want to be your friend, you cant force them. If theyre not interested in you, why waste time worrying about them"... This statement tends to apply to a fair amount of situations, this one included.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:14 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,358,687 times
Do men get upset when a girl they like doesn't look open to approach for them?

Old 11-27-2010, 03:05 AM

7,546 posts, read 8,497,976 times
Yes. And I am one upset woman let me tell you b/c those blind jerks just can't seem to understand what I prize I am. Well, they better not come crying to me when that hot chick they did go after isn't very nice to them.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:37 AM

2,985 posts, read 2,291,095 times
I don't know in what ways "upset" could manifest.

There was an incident some years ago where a woman in a weird triangle of friends was interested in me romantically. I thought we were just friends but my brother, upon seeing her one day when we were all outside talking, told me later "That girl is just in love with you."

Problem: I didn't see her that way, I just didn't.

However, I had some passing interest (not a horndog, but "passing interest" means I'd be interested in checking the situation out, seeing if it had potential for more) in other women with whom she was acquainted and later found out she was running serious interference to keep them away from me because it turned out a few of them were interested, too.

I found out I had a strong dislike for people I barely knew (or so I later heard); found out I had taken a vow of celibacy, even found out on one occasion I was likely homosexual!

When our own relationship failed to blossom into anything that she wanted, she ultimately told me off pretty rudely for having "failed to recognize a good thing" and accused me of loads of detrimental things which are simply NOT part and parcel to my character. The friendship ended.

It simply varies; some people handle rejection stoically, for others it depends on the nature of rejection and for other still, they just can't handle it at all.

That whole few years ended up being quite a case-study in female behaviour, not just on her part, but on the part of all women involved. The "weird triangle" I mentioned was myself, this gal and another of our little hanging-out trio in whom I was particularly interested. That was most interesting because the one in whom I was interested explained quite clearly that I simply was NOT her type and sorry, but she didn't feel that way.

Yet she wanted me to go for the other gal, who wanted me.

When I explained that she simply was not my type the first girl became vexed with me because I was "being shallow about the whole thing, not giving it a proper chance".

I learned a LOT about women from those interactions and have since observed THAT little phenomenon repeatedly, once I was aware of what to look for. I always found it interesting, because when it's boiled down to essence, you're NOT good enough for HER, but you're good enough for her "friends". Ve-e-e-eddy EEEN-ted-es-tink!

Old 11-27-2010, 06:39 AM

2,392 posts, read 3,250,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Do men get upset when a girl they like doesn't look open to approach for them?
Prolly not. If a woman chooses not to smile (count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) at a man she maybe interested in, tough sh*t. If she chooses to just stare everytime she sees him and doesn't approach, tough sh*t. If she chooses to keep her b*tch shield up so no guy approaches even though she maybe interested, tough sh*t.

That is what a majority of women do. It's the rare case (excluding the gals in there early 20s) where a woman will smile and show interest through her mannerisms. Women don't seem to get that most non-douchy guys need to feel like there is some level of interest there before he approaches. There is a real fear of being shot down.

So women, smile (remember hold it by counting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5), appear outgoing or open to people approaching you, don't stare and not show some sort of pleasing reaction. Got it? Good.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 AM

3,967 posts, read 3,192,987 times
Nope, because i will just go up and chat him or her up .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships