Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2010, 01:37 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Oh that reminds me of a meal I want to make for you.
I'm just curious, what is it? You don't have to say... (Dogwalker, you lucky!)

Old 12-12-2010, 01:46 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm just curious, what is it? You don't have to say... (Dogwalker, you lucky!)
A flank steak, seasoned well. With blue cheese crumbles and garlic, rolled up and broiled, or roasted. I think I would do some sort of balsalmic reduction too.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:00 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
A flank steak, seasoned well. With blue cheese crumbles and garlic, rolled up and broiled, or roasted. I think I would do some sort of balsalmic reduction too.
Oh, lord...all that plus the balsamic reduction thing... *wishing for the drooling emoticon*

Dogwalker, you truly must be an inspirational girl.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Oh, lord...all that plus the balsamic reduction thing... *wishing for the drooling emoticon*

Dogwalker, you truly must be an inspirational girl.
She is. And I love to cook.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:41 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
She is. And I love to cook.
What is your favorite dish to cook?

Old 12-12-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
What is your favorite dish to cook?
Whatever I can scrounge up. I love to grill roast or whatever. Seafoods are fun.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:12 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Whatever I can scrounge up. I love to grill roast or whatever. Seafoods are fun.
I love the smell in the house when roasting anything especially roasts with roasted whole garlic to spread on bread. It's like the pages to cookbook photos just come alive and fill the whole house up.

We used to have these parties down by the river when we were younger (my brother and I) which was about 3 acres from the house and we'd get those old potato chip cans that were almost knee high and put them on top of a fire and roast the hell out of what ever anyone brought to throw in the can all together - it was delicious. Meat, potatos, seafood, whatever.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I love the smell in the house when roasting anything especially roasts with roasted whole garlic to spread on bread. It's like the pages to cookbook photos just come alive and fill the whole house up.

We used to have these parties down by the river when we were younger (my brother and I) which was about 3 acres from the house and we'd get those old potato chip cans that were almost knee high and put them on top of a fire and roast the hell out of what ever anyone brought to throw in the can all together - it was delicious. Meat, potatos, seafood, whatever.
I love that. I rarely use cook books but I enjoy reading through them and gaining ideas.

I love to watch the cooking channel on TV but usually tune out Food Network.

A seafood boil and clam bake would be excellent fun, hard to come by good fresh seafood in the middle of the prairie though.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:25 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
While your view does sound lovely, and I must admit I'm a little envious, I was actually referring to Hawk's resplendent photos.
Sorry - just stared down another couple of bozos right before I wrote that - wasn't out of "combat-mode" yet.

Quote:
And I love looking up new words, but I'm afraid I'm still a little in the dark over "Chaterian." I saw one definition that seemed as though it might be what you're talking about, but I don't know...
"Chaterian" - n., from the Ancient Philstavian "chatterbox", one who chats for a living; a resident of Chatovia.

Quote:
So, *is* there an official Philstivus song, or "carol" as it were? What is the origin of this lesser-known holiday, I wonder?
Lesser-known? LESSER-known?!? Before that upstart Christmas got the Royal Blessings, we were THE holiday event of the year!

Our traditional - so I guess, in a way, official - song is "The Philstivus Song"; it was reputedly written in an early 17th-century dance hall by a drunken poet, about a gent named Philstivus who made a yearly habit of bringing in adult toys and gifts to all of the dancing girls...

The Philstivus Song
(sung to the tune of "The Christmas Song" ("Chestnuts Roasting"))

Chester's boasting when he opens fire,
Jack Frost's jabbing at your nose,
Yuletide Carol's being swung by a friar,
And gangstas dressed up like Eskimos.

Everybody blows! Some turkeys have such misshaped toes,
Whelps that really aren't too bright.
Whiny gals with their red-colored glow,
Will find a few hard creeps tonight.

They know that Philster's on his way;
He gives out lots of toys and batteries on this day.
And every ugly guy is going to try,
To see if strippers really know how to cry.

And so I'm going through this wicked phase,
With girls from 1622,
Although I've been fried many times, many ways,
Merry Philstivus to you

Old 12-12-2010, 03:30 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
I love that. I rarely use cook books but I enjoy reading through them and gaining ideas.

I love to watch the cooking channel on TV but usually tune out Food Network.

A seafood boil and clam bake would be excellent fun, hard to come by good fresh seafood in the middle of the prairie though.

My dad always had those racks with the long handle to grill steaks and stuff in the fireplace. Those were really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships