Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Sunday night I attended my husband's spa Christmas party. It was a nice gathering with food, dancing and karaoke.

So one woman who works at the spa as a hairdresser decided that she wants to sing Karaoke. She is this really REALLY attractive Puerto-Rican who came with her husband and son. The problem was that when she started singing, the whole place realized that she is TERRIBLE. A truly terrible singer. But it didn't bother anyone because she was having a great time, shaking her booty and really getting into it. However, immediately after she started singing her husband stood up, put his hands over his ears and walked out of the room!!! And didn't just sneak out, but walked across the room so the whole place saw him walking out!!! I don't know how embarrassed can you be to do that. I thought it was very disrespectful. Even if she is horrible, why not have a good time and support her???
Poor kid....

Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I gladly viewed Muah, feeling in it a life-affirming force, but couldn’t help looking away with existential angst on my face, remembering Auschwitz.

In SiearraAZ’s America, we are all diaspora.
I'm not even gonna try to decipher all this mumbo jumbo as I speak very little SATish and French and even less Snobbish.

The bottom line is - no more Muah for you, Gwynny!

Quote:
However, immediately after she started singing her husband stood up, put his hands over his ears and walked out of the room!!! And didn't just sneak out, but walked across the room so the whole place saw him walking out!!! I don't know how embarrassed can you be to do that. I thought it was very disrespectful. Even if she is horrible, why not have a good time and support her???
That's simply despicable behavior!

Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Sunday night I attended my husband's spa Christmas party. It was a nice gathering with food, dancing and karaoke.

So one woman who works at the spa as a hairdresser decided that she wants to sing Karaoke. She is this really REALLY attractive Puerto-Rican who came with her husband and son. The problem was that when she started singing, the whole place realized that she is TERRIBLE. A truly terrible singer. But it didn't bother anyone because she was having a great time, shaking her booty and really getting into it. However, immediately after she started singing her husband stood up, put his hands over his ears and walked out of the room!!! And didn't just sneak out, but walked across the room so the whole place saw him walking out!!! I don't know how embarrassed can you be to do that. I thought it was very disrespectful. Even if she is horrible, why not have a good time and support her???

I would take that boy for a long walk on a short pier.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:58 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

That's simply despicable behavior!

I thought so too!!! Interesting thing is she just continued singing and even sang couple of more songs afterwards, completely unfazed. I don't know if it's part of the culture, or perhaps she was just used to this kind of behavior or simply didn't care!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
I would take that boy for a long walk on a short pier.
Leave it to Hawk to punish the disrespectful ones!!!

BTW, thank you for your comment. You are "da bom".

Old 12-14-2010, 07:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
I thought so too!!! Interesting thing is she just continued singing and even sang couple of more songs afterwards, completely unfazed. I don't know if it's part of the culture, or perhaps she was just used to this kind of behavior or simply didn't care!!!
I doubt being humiliated in public by your spouse is part of anybody's "culture"... As@hole!

Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I doubt being humiliated in public by your spouse is part of anybody's "culture"... As@hole!
Thank you! I guess it's not just me then, because it seemed that I was the only one shocked about it. I guess people just played it cool.

Speaking of karaoke, I love doing it.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:31 PM

23 posts, read 29,985 times
I am living on 6-7 hours of sleep per night! For the most part, I am still pretty energetic and effective! I just turned 64 yrs old.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantcents View Post
I am living on 6-7 hours of sleep per night! For the most part, I am still pretty energetic and effective! I just turned 64 yrs old.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:38 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Thank you! I guess it's not just me then, because it seemed that I was the only one shocked about it. I guess people just played it cool.
It was a sad and embarrassing thing for her that her a-hole husband would do that to her in front of so many people. I'm sure people didn't want to make her feel any more awkward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships